NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015
Jan 11, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #92 of 120
To charge the cayin c5 dac, it's the power in on the far right of the back? I am getting confused as the middle one says dac-aux/chrg. Thanks. Instructions are in Chinese so there no help to me. Thanks in advance.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #93 of 120
To charge the cayin c5 dac, it's the power in on the far right of the back? I am getting confused as the middle one says dac-aux/chrg. Thanks. Instructions are in Chinese so there no help to me. Thanks in advance.

sorry for a late response. If you are planning a charging please switch to Charge. If you are using it as a DAC please switch to DAC-AUX.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 28, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #95 of 120
I didn't have such problems from the headphone out of my G3. If your G3 headphone out have such a problem I believe this DAC will eliminate it completely. No clicking, pop sounds, no EMI and distortion issues so far... (Only slight heating of the unit). I havent tested hissing though... May be someone can chime in.

I am getting some light emi interference using my note 3 when they are stacked in just the right position. Otherwise, nothing.

Feb 11, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #97 of 120
I am new to the world of audio. I have been looking at buying either sennheiser hd700 or hd650. Would this be a good match for either of these as I am also looking for a portable dac/amp to use with my phone and other devices.

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #100 of 120
  Day 1 with the C5DAC impressions: 

Overall impressions are very good. The amplifier part of the unit is excellent. Works well with all my headphones. I have yet to try it with an IEM though. This thing pairs exceptionally well with my M-Audio Q40, the bass boost function along with some drum and bass music are bringing a lot of joy to my ears at the moment. 

The DAC part, however, could use a bit more refinement. A bit sibilant and harsh on some tracks. Vocals sound digital-y, if that makes any sense. 

I want to spend as much time with it as I can prior to writing the review, just to make sure everything settles in. 

Also: The unit stacks up really well with my LG G4 
smile_phones.gif

I disagree. The C5DAC isn't harsh at the top end at all. Quite the opposite, I'm afraid. It is anything but digital-sounding. Vocals are natural and smooth (never rolled off). Well-judged sound signature this Cayin. 

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #103 of 120
will it be good to pair this with DT 770 PRO 80 ohms? I got a deal for $99

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #104 of 120
[COLOR=FF00AA]Merry Christmas[/COLOR]

On behalf of Cayin, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. I know we are always busy this holiday season, especially when Christmas is not a public holiday in Mainland China :p, but I want to take the time to wish you and yours, happy holidays. This is a special day for family and friends, there isn't anything can't wait until tomorrow, so relax and hug your beloveds around you, play some music, and enjoy the moment together.

I just had a wonderful Christmas dinner with my family. We were a bit late this year as my niece just arrived from LA this morning, but family is always worth waiting for, and good music will make the dinner ever more involving and pleasant. This is one of the playlist that I appreciated during the holiday season and I want to share this with you.

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back