NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015
May 20, 2015 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 120

maikuirock

Head-Fier
20150515140524331.jpg

20150515140554422.jpg

This new DAC/Amp portable just came out this month i believe. Anyone got one with any insight?

May 21, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 120

20150515140524331.jpg

20150515140554422.jpg

This new DAC/Amp portable just came out this month i believe. Anyone got one with any insight?

Hi Maikuirock, thanks. You are correct about the amplifier. It is a new DAC/AMP we just released in this month. It is the third model of portable headphone amplifier we have developed following C6 and C5. We will officially release the news about the debut of the amplifier so that more head-fiers know our lastest progress on our new product development. We will also have it reviewed and maybe a review tour so that you can get some insight from the community. We are really appreciated that you have opened a new thread for this new amplifier. Originally we planned to have a thread ourselves but now you have one and we will take this one as the main thread for our new C5DAC DAC/AMP headphone amplifier.

Thanks a lot.

Cayin Team

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #5 of 120
  Our suggested retail price is US$ 259.00. It will differ in different area based on different VATs.

Thanks! Just got one off Shenzhen to check out. Not familiar with the original C5, can you AB the amp parts or are they identical? Just curious if you've taken feedback from previous users to improve this edition besides adding the DAC and larger battery. What is the headphone impedance support range?

May 23, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #7 of 120

Thanks! Just got one off Shenzhen to check out. Not familiar with the original C5, can you AB the amp parts or are they identical? Just curious if you've taken feedback from previous users to improve this edition besides adding the DAC and larger battery. What is the headphone impedance support range?

They used the same mold, and therefore have the same appearance, but in fact the function and sound have significant differences.

CAYIN already shows a block diagram C5DAC, I believe we can find the contrast .C5DAC support portion Android smartphones decoding, support for PC, and the battery life in use when the amp can reach more than 15 hours.

The sound is also a difference with C5, C5DAC more suitable IEM, at the same time has a very spacious sound performance.

Hope to see more friends, we can also look forward to your views.

THK

May 27, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 120
They used the same mold, and therefore have the same appearance, but in fact the function and sound have significant differences.

CAYIN already shows a block diagram C5DAC, I believe we can find the contrast .C5DAC support portion Android smartphones decoding, support for PC, and the battery life in use when the amp can reach more than 15 hours.

The sound is also a difference with C5, C5DAC more suitable IEM, at the same time has a very spacious sound performance.

Hope to see more friends, we can also look forward to your views.

THK

This is of interest to me. I liked C5 default sound signature a lot but found it hard to use with IEM due to low gain being too powerful. If there ends up being a tour, I'd be interested in testing this out.

:beerchug:

May 29, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 120
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 30, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #13 of 120
This is of interest to me. I liked C5 default sound signature a lot but found it hard to use with IEM due to low gain being too powerful. If there ends up being a tour, I'd be interested in testing this out.

beerchug.gif

Yes, I'd like to see more amps (at this level) with 3 gain settings, or at least the LOW gain was true low, -6db or -3db.

We know the db values of each gain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back