NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015
Jul 31, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #76 of 120
Can any g3 users confirm that using the c5 dac completely eliminates the noisy background, IF interference and distortion in the right/left channel from the internal dac/amp. 
I simply can not stand the beeping and distortion in the right channel through the headphone out. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #77 of 120
Can any g3 users confirm that using the c5 dac completely eliminates the noisy background, IF interference and distortion in the right/left channel from the internal dac/amp. 
I simply can not stand the beeping and distortion in the right channel through the headphone out. 

I didn't have such problems from the headphone out of my G3. If your G3 headphone out have such a problem I believe this DAC will eliminate it completely. No clicking, pop sounds, no EMI and distortion issues so far... (Only slight heating of the unit). I havent tested hissing though... May be someone can chime in.

Jul 31, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #79 of 120
Yes, C5DAC had a bit of EMI with my iPhone 5s, too. It wasn't egregious or anything, but better shielding would've been appreciated, though.

I'll say it again, if Cayin can lower the gain (especially low gain) to make these easier to use with IEM, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Cleaning up the marshmallow cream bass boost would make it even better!!!

I don't know what they're trying to drive with these that they need the low gain setting so damn high :confused:

Aug 11, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #80 of 120
My C5DAC review is online for anyone interested: http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-spark-c5-dac-portable-usb-dac-headphone-amplifier/reviews/13743

cool.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #81 of 120
So does the C5DAC amp part sounds similar to the regular C5 amp?

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #85 of 120
Does the c5dac charge your phone too, like the e18.  Trying to decide if I should go back to the e18 or get the new c5dac.

whats the best place to get a deal on the c5dac?

edited: cayin c5dac can charge your phone.

my mistake

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #86 of 120
Does the c5dac charge your phone too, like the e18.  Trying to decide if I should go back to the e18 or get the new c5dac.

whats the best place to get a deal on the c5dac?

cayin c5dac cannot charge your phone.

Cayin C5DAC can charge your phone. There is a switch on the bottom of the unit saying DAC-AUX/ChRG. One of the reasons of the switch is for that. If you connect one end of a microUSB to microUSB cable to the port on the left side of this switch and connect the other end to your phone and select AuX/CHRG it should do it. I have tested and it worked. I have charged my LG G3 with it :wink:

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #87 of 120
Cayin C5DAC can charge your phone. There is a switch on the bottom of the unit saying AUX/ChRG. One of the reasons of the switch is for that. If you connect one end of a microUSB to microUSB cable to the port on the left side of this switch and connect the other end to your phone it should do it. I have tested and it worked. I have charged my LG G3 with it
wink.gif

lol you are right. my mistake. i was thinking about charging while being used as a dac. the c5dac will not charge while connected as a dac, but it will operate as a mobile power bank. you can use it as a standalone amplifier while it is in charging mode, but you cannot charge your phone & use the dac feature at the same time. e18 actually is the same way. dac mode & charging mode are separate.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #88 of 120
Cayin C5DAC can charge your phone. There is a switch on the bottom of the unit saying DAC-AUX/ChRG. One of the reasons of the switch is for that. If you connect one end of a microUSB to microUSB cable to the port on the left side of this switch and connect the other end to your phone and select AuX/CHRG it should do it. I have tested and it worked. I have charged my LG G3 with it
wink.gif

ya boiyyyyy!, gonna be using it with a g3 also :)

Is your g3 rooted, also which variant do you have?  I'm asking cause I read somewhere, that a rooted phone won't work to well with these android dac/amps.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #89 of 120
ya boiyyyyy!, gonna be using it with a g3 also :)

Is your g3 rooted, also which variant do you have?  I'm asking cause I read somewhere, that a rooted phone won't work to well with these android dac/amps.

My Lg G3 is not rooted.

Which port did you use on the C5DAC while doing this?

Did you push the Dac-Aux/Chrg swithch to chrg position? The purpose of the switch is that...

(If you did all these, then your problem might be a cable issue my friend... )

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #90 of 120
And better late than never, my review has been posted. http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-spark-c5-dac-portable-usb-dac-headphone-amplifier/reviews/13922

Users who are viewing this thread

Back