NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015
Jun 14, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #31 of 120
  I'm anxiously waiting for a review or two. I am in search of a USB Dac/Amp and am currently contemplating between JDS Labs C5D, Oppo HA-2, and this, but so far I don't see any reviews or even initial impressions about the sound quality. I've heard good things about C5 but would love some comparison between various products.

We're in the same boat :p, I'm also contemplating on either the JDS Labs C5D, Oppo HA-2 or the Cayin C5DAC. Can't wait for the reviews to come.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #32 of 120
I think I've *almost* made-up my mind to go with oppo ha-2 after reading both their threads. I am in need of a usb dac/amp and am in a hurry. My new earphones will be here in a week's time and I'll place an order for ha-2 after receiving those.

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #33 of 120
  We're in the same boat :p, I'm also contemplating on either the JDS Labs C5D, Oppo HA-2 or the Cayin C5DAC. Can't wait for the reviews to come.

@SlickSteiner, I was blessed to be chosen for the review tour & I own an Oppo HA-2, so I will be doing direct comparisons between them for my review :) cheers!

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #34 of 120
I already ordered the ha-2. Hopefully it compares well against the c5dac.

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #35 of 120
That's Great News! Will surely wait for your impressions
smily_headphones1.gif
I love your review on the AKG K7XX.

Jun 21, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #36 of 120
I also got chosen for the review tour. Hopefully will be comparing this to my Aune T1, Hifimediy Sabre and comparing the amp part to the E11 :)

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #40 of 120
Hi @nmatheis , good to see that you have received the C5DAC! 
rolleyes.gif

Can you please write the details about the outer dimensions (I want to be sure if it is going to be stacked well with an LG G3) ?

IMO a super short data cable (microUSB to microUSB) would work better without any redundancy for connecting the C5DAC to a phone... This short cable could make it feel better in a pocket too...

(But I am not very sure since I didn't have the unit yet... So just looking at the images I tried to imagine...)

Something like this?:

(I am not sure if anything like this manufactured before
so I created this image using a stock microUSB to USB cable image
and manipulated it in Adobe Photoshop)

Jun 23, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #41 of 120
Nice! Have you tested out the DAC part yet?

Not yet, but I will try it out although I'm primarily into portable gear and have no desktop / high-end DACs to compare with - just my Fiio and iBasso DAPs.

Hi @nmatheis
, good to see that you have received the C5DAC!  :rolleyes:

Can you please write the details about the outer dimensions (I want to be sure if it is going to be stacked well with an LG G3) ?

IMO a super short data cable (microUSB to microUSB) would work better without any redundancy for connecting the C5DAC to a phone... This short cable could make it feel better in a pocket too...

(But I am not very sure since I didn't have the unit yet... So just looking at the images I tried to imagine...)

Something like this?:

(I am not sure if anything like this manufactured before
so I created this image using a stock microUSB to USB cable image
and manipulated it in Adobe Photoshop)

Hey Baycode :)

Here's a photo I grabbed of the specs with dimensions:

The DAC port is centered ~24mm from the left edge in the second to last photo I posted above. Does that give you the info you need?

Jun 23, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #42 of 120
Hey @Baycode
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's a photo I grabbed of the specs with dimensions:

The DAC port is centered ~24mm from the left edge in the second to last photo I posted above. Does that give you the info you need?

Thanks for the information @nmatheis
beerchug.gif

I have just measured the back of my phone and can say that C5DAC is match made in heaven for LG G3 
bigsmile_face.gif
  Size fits perfectly! 

Can't wait to review this fella 
cool.gif

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #44 of 120
The width is spot on with my X5, but it's a bit longer. I imagine it'd be perfect with larger phones!

And maybe Cayin can work out iOS support for us iPhone users?

L3000.gif
    iPhone...  
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back