NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015
May 30, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #16 of 120
Why........
JDS Labs C5
Cayin C5

JDS Labs C5D
Cayin C5DAC

:/

I'd actually love to know why audio companies seem to copy each other's names. I think there are 3 different products from different companies called the "C5" and now two different products both named "C5D"

May 31, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #17 of 120
How would this compare the the fiio e18

Please subscribe to the thread and I am sure some will do the comparison between these two in our review tour...
wink_face.gif

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 31, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #18 of 120

I'd actually love to know why audio companies seem to copy each other's names. I think there are 3 different products from different companies called the "C5" and now two different products both named "C5D"

I can only say that this is a coincidence, but in China it was also asked the same question.

Our brand called "CAYIN", we will use these five letters to form differentiated product range and now appear on the HEAD-FI is N-series and C series, there is more ahead.

Thank you for your attention.

May 31, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #19 of 120
Why........
JDS Labs C5
Cayin C5

JDS Labs C5D
Cayin C5DAC

:/

What a coincidence. Let us explain to you our rules for our model naming.

We have named our models after our brand name Cayin of which there are five characters C, A, Y, I and N. One letter will represent one series of products. Now we have used C, A and N. 

C represents our portable headphone amplifiers for which we already have C6, C5, C5DAC. A represents our WIFI speakers for which we have A6. N represents our digital audio players for which we have N6. Maybe you have already found a rule for our model name that as for each series of products we are naming the first model of the series after Number 6. It relates to Chinese culture. In China number 6 has a meaning of Luck, Sucess and therefore we often prefer to use the 6.

Next let's go to the line of our portable headphone amplifers. Our first model is C6 and why we have name our second model as C5. It is because C6 is a model with the DAC for Appple devices but the C5 does not have any decoding function. C5 is a pure headphone amplifier which we can see it a product "lower" than the C6. Therefore have used a number smaller than 6 and we take 5. In future if we are developing even lower version of such series of products we may name them after C4, C3, C2, etc. Why we have taken C5DAC then. Maybe you can see the reason from the response my Collegue Thomas has made above. It is because our C5DAC has the same look as our C5 and developed based on it. But we have added a new USB DAC funtion for Android system of phones and PC into the new model and then we have named it C5DAC. In fact originally we planned to name it C8 but we have a worry that some customers may question us that why Cayin would name a similar products with two totally differnt model names. 

That is the story of ours and in future you will see more products of ours named after the characters of C, N, I or A and Y.
beerchug.gif

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 31, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #20 of 120
How would this compare the the fiio e18?

Considering it's price is $260, I imagine it's better than the FiiO E18, but about equal to a JDS Labs C5. The JDS C5D as an amp was quite warm sounding, and so was the Cayin C5 so it will be interesting to see how they stack up. Many people may prefer the Cayin C5D for it's potentiometer if they perform about identical.  

We have named our models after our brand name Cayin of which there are five characters C, A, Y, I and N. One letter will represent one series of products. Now we have used C, A and N. 

C represents our portable headphone amplifiers for which we already have C6, C5, C5DAC. A represents our WIFI speakers for which we have A6. N represents our digital audio players for which we have N6. Maybe you have already found a rule for our model name that as for each series of products we are naming the first model of the series after Number 6. It relates to Chinese culture. In China number 6 has a meaning of Luck, Sucess and therefore we often prefer to use the 6.

Next let's go to the line of our portable headphone amplifers. Our first model is C6 and why we have name our second model as C5. It is because C6 is a model with the DAC for Appple devices but the C5 does not have any decoding function. C5 is a pure headphone amplifier which we can see it a product "lower" than the C6. Therefore have used a number smaller than 6 and we take 5. In future if we are developing even lower version of such series of products we may name them after C4, C3, C2, etc. Why we have taken C5DAC then. Maybe you can see the reason from the response my Collegue Thomas has made above. It is because our C5DAC has the same look as our C5 and developed based on it. But we have added a new USB DAC funtion for Android system of phones and PC into the new model and then we have named it C5DAC. In fact originally we planned to name it C8 but we have a worry that some customers may question us that why Cayin would name a similar products with two totally differnt model names. 

That is the story of ours and in future you will see more products of ours named after the characters of C, N, I or A and Y.
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the explaination!

May 31, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #21 of 120
Jun 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #23 of 120
Congrats Cayin for becoming Head-fi sponsors! 

Finally had some time to crack one of these babies open. Wow! Great first impressions. Really clean DAC experience for sure, which is something that the N6 excels in as well. 

I'll give it a few days before commenting on the amp portion...in comparisons with the C5 amp that is. Always impressed with how "finished" Cayin products are. 

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #24 of 120

beerchug.gif

Based on this info, and little birds twittering something about an N5 being in the works, I've started a dedicated thread here.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #25 of 120
I'm anxiously waiting for a review or two. I am in search of a USB Dac/Amp and am currently contemplating between JDS Labs C5D, Oppo HA-2, and this, but so far I don't see any reviews or even initial impressions about the sound quality. I've heard good things about C5 but would love some comparison between various products.

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #26 of 120
I'm anxiously waiting for a review or two. I am in search of a USB Dac/Amp and am currently contemplating between JDS Labs C5D, Oppo HA-2, and this, but so far I don't see any reviews or even initial impressions about the sound quality. I've heard good things about C5 but would love some comparison between various products.

AFAIK, Cayin hasn't chosen the headfi reviewers yet. Once they do, I'm sure the reviews will start rolling in :)

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #27 of 120
yeah i guess i'll have to decide between jds, oppo and sony then..

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #28 of 120
doublepost

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #30 of 120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back