NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Oct 12, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #226 of 322
A bit more about the Sendy Peacock's comfort level on your head.

This is Sendy's first "Flagship".
It was originally $1799.00, but now they have it offered for $1490 and that includes the $240 cable, real leather pads, real leather padded headstrap, and real and beautiful wood cups.
Real wood. Not plastic laminate like you find on the new LCD-5, and on all the ridiculously expensive Hifiman gear.

Remember when ZMF started making the wood cups with leather pads? It took him quite a few models to get them light enough not to be super uncomfortable.
Remember when Audeze used real leather, and not this weird material they are using now for their pads?
It took Audeze 10 yrs to figure out how to make the LCDs not too heavy, and they had to finally use fake leather cups.

Well,...... the Sendy Peacock FEELS like a ZMF on your head, that is not too heavy, and has leather everywhere.
And this is their 1st Flagship.
They didnt need 10 yrs to figure out what to do, how to do it, and produce it correctly.

This is impressive.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #227 of 322
Nice to read something positive and i don't think that you are easy to pleasure, as your standards seems to be rather high? Very well written, your'e talented with words :beerchug:

Would like to hear the new Arya V3 myself, i owned the V2 and had a lot of trouble with upper mid/treble sparkle, it was just too much and no eq could correct that, sadly. So, they now have more impact as well? Sounds like a Susvara/1000V2 combination to me, as the arya V2 had pretty much no impact? If that is true, it would be a fantastic headphone right now, build quality, cable and no accessoire left aside.

I still prefer ZMF on my head, when it comes to comfort, as long as i don't walk or lean my head too much in any direction and the auteur also feels lighter. But yes, this and the sounds are the reasons, why i believe this is a really great first flagship for, lets be honest, no flagship price compared to other companies. Good point to bring this up.

But i'm sure, as soon as the rise up in the ranks, they will announce something between 2000-4000 in the far future ahead as well, like Xiaomi and everyone else.

Oct 12, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #228 of 322
Nice to read something positive and i don't think that you are easy to pleasure, as your standards seems to be rather high? Very well written, your'e talented with words :beerchug:

Would like to hear the new Arya V3 myself, i owned the V2 and had a lot of trouble with upper mid/treble sparkle, it was just too much and no eq could correct that, sadly. So, they now have more impact as well? Sounds like a Susvara/1000V2 combination to me, as the arya V2 had pretty much no impact? If that is true, it would be a fantastic headphone right now, build quality, cable and no accessoire left aside.

I still prefer ZMF on my head, when it comes to comfort, as long as i don't walk or lean my head too much in any direction and the auteur also feels lighter. But yes, this and the sounds are the reasons, why i believe this is a really great first flagship for, lets be honest, no flagship price compared to other companies. Good point to bring this up.

But i'm sure, as soon as the rise up in the ranks, they will announce something between 2000-4000 in the far future ahead as well, like Xiaomi and everyone else.

Ive owned about 250 sets of headphones. I have a "bio" here that lists about 60% of my total headphone ownership.

I have 3 (collecting, trying out, owning) obsessions

1.) Headphones
2.) Acoustic Guitars
3.) Cameras

And yes, If you could hear the issues with the V2 Arya, you will certainly hear how FANG solved it and made the V3 Stealth a unique listen, regarding the usual HE sound.
Its different, in that they created the V3 to have fullness in the mids and low end, and a beautiful top end.
Out of the box its slightly veiled till about 7hrs into the listening, and then the mids and treble dial themselves in to match the fullness and impact that is being presented by the low end.

The HE1000s - Susvara are more airy and soundstage laden, while also being wonderfully detailed.
So, the V3 Stealth is more full sounding, and this is very unique for a Hifiman set of headphones.
None of these are as full sounding.... Susvara, He1000s. Editions X's.....Sundara...... Arya v1& 2.
So, when you know what the Hifiman house sound is all about, and then you hear the V3 Stealth, you know they were really trying to make this model FR unique.
Those who prefer the sort of mid thin sounding extra wide soundstage typical Hifiman sound, will be impressed with the fuller sound of the V3 Stealth, tho only the lister knows if the V3 Stealth revised tonality is going to be what they love...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #229 of 322
Oct 13, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #230 of 322
My Peacock review is live. 5 for build, 4 for sound, decreased 0.25 for the laid back, rich signature, which some may not like (I do...) for a 4.25 star rating.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/se...tic-wood-headphone.25390/reviews#review-27018
As the fine Leather pads relax the "laid back" sound is addressed.
They are soft but still quite substantial, and they flex after some hours. This will bring the Drivers slightly closer to your ears, naturally, and naturally this provides more focus and clarity/high end.
They dont really become brighter, they become FR tighter and more sonically focused while staying always very sweet/rich tonally.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #231 of 322
As the fine Leather pads relax the "laid back" sound is addressed.
They are soft but still quite substantial, and they flex after some hours. This will bring the Drivers slightly closer to your ears, naturally, and naturally this provides more focus and clarity/high end.
They dont really become brighter, they become FR tighter and more sonically focused while staying always very sweet/rich tonally.
I have about 200 hours on this pair and they are still quite gorgeous at which to look. Sound a quite acceptable to me as well and the rich, warm signature coddles one as a fine single malt is sipped in companion on a chilly fall night. :sunglasses:

Oct 14, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #232 of 322
Oct 14, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #233 of 322
Good review, but i don't really get the logic behind the deduction, there will always be somebody who dislikes a specific signature.
The deduction is due to some pushback by “certain reviewers” who flat out state they like or dislike the item being reviewed, without giving reasons or for whom it might be good/bad for. In response, I have taken a larger role in my reviews to point out whom it might be good for and who might dislike it and the reasons. Hence the deduction, even though I like it.

I’m hoping this will help separate from the vitriol that is going on in many reviews right now. Those who like something are called shills by those who think it’s the “worst headphone ever,” such as a YouTube vid I just watched get the street cred (not that I care).

Cheers and thank you for the compliment.😎

Oct 14, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #234 of 322
The deduction is due to some pushback by “certain reviewers” who flat out state they like or dislike the item being reviewed, without giving reasons or for whom it might be good/bad for. In response, I have taken a larger role in my reviews to point out whom it might be good for and who might dislike it and the reasons. Hence the deduction, even though I like it.
Thanks for the explanation, this is certainly preferable to the undifferentiated assessments of 'certain reviewers'.

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #235 of 322
Thanks for the explanation, this is certainly preferable to the undifferentiated assessments of 'certain reviewers'.

I believe it is really good, if people writing reviews know what type of listener may like or dislike a certain sound signature, if they got some experience with many different headphones and put it as objective it can be, into neutral package of words to describe something, even though they may or may not like what they hear.

Like when i'm watching a movie that is not my cup of tea, but i appreciate the art of dialoge that is going on, the soundtrack or visual creativity put into the work to say its very well made and probably even one of the best movies out there, just not not for me. I believe we all can tell to some degree if something is kinda good or not, even if we dislike it :beerchug:

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #237 of 322
And someone says...... "what do the Peacock's feel like on the Head"., and "what about the Treble".

A.). They feel like the Audeze MX4, or a slightly lighter version of the current ZMF's.

A.) Treble is similar to the MX4 in that its pretty smooth and has good extension but it not falsified extension.
And...
What do i mean by "falsified".... ?? Well here is a rabid problem. Headphone makers are trying to outgun each other with dynamics and FR.
And by pursuing this continuing evolution, they are creating a false FR......especially regarding how their gear produces TREBLE.
The notable Asian Headphone makers all dial up the Treble inside their best headphones. They all do this., and it sounds good, and you perceiver more detail, but, its an eq.
Many very expensive headphones are presenting a false extension, treble wise.... It sounds good, but its not reality.
So, when a Peacock shows up, or a Audeze MX4 shows up, that are giving you fine treble, and you are EAR trained to expected elevation in this Frequency, you can be fooled into thinking that a great treble, a pure treble, and a true treble, is "soft" and "rolled" off.

If you buy headphones, and they dont have that treble spike you have been getting, then give them time......as it could be that what they are offering is accurate.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #240 of 322
NIce Photos.

Very good headphones.

I find that running them Balanced shines them the brightest.
Thanks 🙂

Aside from that i have received the Sendy Audio Aiva today (Demo) and this Headphone sounds completely different. Don't think the Peacock is an upgrade, but a whole different story soundwise.

The package and accessoires of the aiva really is striking as well for the money you pay the absolut best you can get from what i had in my hands, even better then some flagship cans. Super lightweight and comfortable as well.

But the sound just cant keep up. The tuning seems to be well done for what this driver can deliver, but there was too much focus on the outside. It lacks bass quantity, sounds a bit compressed and the treble area is fatiguing similiar to the Hifiman arya v2 i had with less resolution and energy. And the very upper region of the treble is so loud, that it Highlights the noise if tracks, even in good mastered tracks.

The overall sound signature is warm, rich, bright, impactful with a lot of airness, narrow soundstage und really intimate and intense voices. There is no subbass.

I had the feeling they wanted to deliver a luxurious package for a very very cheap price, but on the cost of a bad driver.

If the aiva would cost 200-300 bucks more with better driver snd same package, it would be unbeatable, if not only sound, but everything else is important as well.

Back to the Peacock. Every single time i listen to another pair of headphones and put them back on, i feel like i have landed on sturdy ground coming back home from a long fatiguing journey. Its already that good without any eq, i am really impressed. Another headphone, that creates a similiar feeling for me is the zmf Auteur.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back