NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Oct 8, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #196 of 322
The LCD2 is a mid forward sound.
So, if the P-Kok has too much upper bass this could be why the (vocals) are not distinct in a set of headphones that you "hear" as nearly as treble forward as the HD800s's which also have slightly recessed midrange.
The Peacock definitely doesn’t have too much bass. It has less than the Verite and Final d8000.

Oct 10, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #198 of 322
Oct 10, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #199 of 322
I haven't heard it... But after watching that review I feel like I have. (And I just saved $1800)

Edit: For the record, I love the AIVA. The Peacock is just a trash product.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #201 of 322
I haven't heard it... But after watching that review I feel like I have. (And I just saved $1800)

Before I did not want to hear them at all because I think they are hideous. Now I want to hear them. Could they really be the headphone with the worst price to performance ratio ever?

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #202 of 322
Hmm…using sight to determine what one hears…🤔❓

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #203 of 322
Strong opinion from someone who just said they've never heard it.

Deciding a headphone isn't any good based on never having heard it, is like talking about how food tastes that you've never yet eaten.

DMS has a nice Youtube channel. Its a shame that his hearing apparently isn't as good as his channel looks....
I recall when the HD560S came out. DMS basically exploded with glee and rejoiced with cheer, saying it was the """""best best best best best......""""
He even contacted Zeos and was telling him ......'OMG this is the one, this is the one". "this one is MAGIC"
Oh really?
Is that right DMS? Is the HD560S the voice of God in a plastic Sennheiser Cup?

A.) Not quite.

B.) Not quite.

C.) Guess again, noob.

So, more then likely, DMS melted down because the Peacock didnt sound sterile, sizzly, clinical, or anything like a Abyss Diana V2, so to him, it has to be awful.

Why can't a few of these "famous" reviewers learn how to actually review a headphone based on its own voice and merits?
Is that asking too much of their IQ ??
Geez, its tiring knowing that they are going to continue to receive more "new" gear to review into the ground.
= Yuck.

What i think, is that the Peacock, might be a very special and unique sonic flavor that will make many happy, who own it.
I'll probably get one soon, same as i did with the Arya Stealth V3, and review it and sell it.
= Fun.

So, you can keep your eyes open for those, if you are like me, and you want to know for yourself the reality.
See, thats what you have to do, to know.

Also, there is a experienced Hifier here, a member who sold the Hifiman HEKSE, and all sorts of High Dollar headphones BECAUSE of the Sendy Peacock.
I vote that HE is right, and DMS is out to lunch.......and lost in space.

So, READERS.... lets look at a review and if you've not seen it take a look.........., and then lets hear a Sendy PEACOCK sound demo.
-

-
-
and the sound demo.....
I heard this, and it sounds pretty good coming from microphones, into youtube, then into your headphones.
So, if it can do all that and not sound horrible, then it probably sounds at least >good<, and probably, really good.
Apparently it does not sound like a HD560S.... according to DMS
-

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #204 of 322
I can understand that these may not be everyones cup of tea, but the kind of absolutism of reviewers like DMS will rob quite a few people of a very special musical experience. Just goes to show once more that these reviews are only useful if one knows the preferences of the reviewers in relation to ones own (for me DMS is kind of a contraindication, so his opinion doesn't matter a lot to me anyways).

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #205 of 322
I can understand that these may not be everyones cup of tea, but the kind of absolutism of reviewers like DMS will rob quite a few people of a very special musical experience. Just goes to show once more that these reviews are only useful if one knows the preferences of the reviewers in relation to ones own (for me DMS is kind of a contraindication, so his opinion doesn't matter a lot to me anyways).

These gear review boys use the wrong criteria regarding how to assess headphone sound.
To begin with, they are chart and graph obsessed, so, thats a problem for them because they preconceive how a gear is going to sound based on a chart before they have even heard the gear.
That's a mistake.
Then, they compare....... instead of reviewing, thinking they are reviewing....and that's mistake #2.
Then, they are stuck in this mindset.....>"does it sound like Audeze, Hifiman, ZMF, or Sennheiser", as if it doesn't.... then, it can't sound good in their closed mind.
So, that is the 3rd mistake they made... and they will continue to make the same mistake, review after review...., because they can't see beyond their mistakes so that they can stop making them....

Reader, let me show you how to evaluate the headphones to keep.
This one is FOOL proof.
Ready?

Here is the only criteria that utterly matters.....
Its Not the box, or the cable, or the chart, or what someone else said about the gear.
Its this.
When you get the new set, and you put it on, and you start listening........does this gear cause you to want to keep listening to music you've heard a thousand times, or not.
Yes or no. ???
Does the new gear cause you to get lost in the music, and forget about anything else that does not matter, like, comparing it to the previous version......?????????????

Thats how you rightly evaluate a NEW set of headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #206 of 322
Here is the only criteria that utterly matters.....
Its Not the box, or the cable, or the chart, or what someone else said about the gear.
Its this.
When you get the new set, and you put it on, and you start listening........does this gear cause you to want to keep listening to music you've heard a thousand times, or not.
Yes or no. ???
Does the new gear cause you to get lost in the music, and forget about anything else that does not matter, like, comparing it to the previous version......?????????????

Thats how you rightly evaluate a NEW set of headphones.
I agree, and to add to your opinion. When you keep listening to the same headphone even after the honeymoon period is over, that's your favorite headphone IMO.

I have been listening HD650/6XX for years now and never get bored of it, it's definitely my cup of tea.

Oct 11, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #207 of 322
I agree, and to add to your opinion. When you keep listening to the same headphone even after the honeymoon period is over, that's your favorite headphone IMO.

I have been listening HD650/6XX for years now and never get bored of it, it's definitely my cup of tea.

i started my Audiophile journey through the gateway drug : HD600.

Many do.

It set a (midrange FR) standard that has not been eclipsed.
Sometimes, after the fury of buying and trying all the new flagships becomes a bit stale, its nice to strap on the HD600 and smile.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #209 of 322
The LCD2 is a mid forward sound.
So, if the P-Kok has too much upper bass this could be why the (vocals) are not distinct in a set of headphones that you "hear" as nearly as treble forward as the HD800s's which also have slightly recessed midrange.

I think you forgot something :) I was comparing the Peacock to the HD800S and LCD-2 with oratory EQ in mind, not in original state, as i don't like both without EQ, the tonality is a disaster.

So, compared to the LCD-2 or HD800S with EQ, the Peacock is less treble forward and recessed in the upper midrange with less amount of bass (LCD-2, HD800S actually has about the same bass with EQ), without loosing balance in overall tonality, as i can clearly hear all parts of the music without throwing anything out out balance.

One more thing, even though the LCD-2 got way more treble power because of the oratory EQ, the detail retrieval is way superior, i can hear a lot more details overall, even though its less forward. This is what i find very fascinating about headphones, if you, for example, compare with same EQ and get more/less treble, more/less bass, more snap or punch etc.

Hope that helps? :)

I can understand, that reading reviews might help just not sure, if someone hired by a company that is producing treble emphasized cans to be a trustworthy person to build your opinion on?

I can't take his opinion seriously, because the built quality is one of the best i have ever seen on any headphones and i'm very picky when it comes to this. Only ZMF could impress me with that, otherwise i found every headphone company to be really bad on this matter regardless of the price tag. The bag is, aside from the fact, that it looks like an ass to me, is a very nice bonus, which could cost a lot with this level of quality without even a good fit, because it needs to fit the majority out there.

I have reviewed from the HD600 up the the Hifiman Susvara almost everything on the market together with Stax and personally find the Peacock to be the very best from all of them, because they got one of the best detail retrieval, well controlled bass, superior soundstage and even the height soundstage from the Hifimans i know and could probably only improve with oratory EQ, but are pretty good without it already and well balanced.

The LCD-2 for example (DMS told in the video that even the worst audeze product would be better) is absolutely terrible when it comes to details. It gets much much better with oratory EQ (tonality wise), but the detail retrieval is still not one of the best compared to the HD800S and the peacock comes close to the HD800S with less treble energy. If thats not impressive, i don't know.

Before I did not want to hear them at all because I think they are hideous. Now I want to hear them. Could they really be the headphone with the worst price to performance ratio ever?

Actually the headphones with pretty much the very best price to performance ratio (above 1500$), because below 1000$ its probably the LCD-2 with oratory EQ. It turns the headphone into one of the best sounding on the market in my opinion, but its loosing big time against the Peacock in details, soundstage wide, deep and height and soft highlight presentation while being more detailed at the same time and having even better bass than audeze with EQ applied.

Of course, it's only my opinion, but instead of trashing a product based on a almost pointless and really biased review for whatever reason, you should try to listen to them first, otherwise it's never good to agree with someone without even knowing in my opinion, this is the first step how communication goes the wrong way :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back