NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #211 of 322
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #212 of 322
Well, my written opinion won't help you at all, if you don't know both headphones with oratory's. EQ But that's not a problem.

Without EQ applied

HD800S

- for me perceived 15% bigger soundstage
- almost no bass
- less punch/impact in the bass/mid region
- very hollow and far sounding vocals
- terrible production of instruments, everything sounds very unnatural
- extremely fatiguing

LCD-2

- very narrow soundstage
- bass quanity about the same region, but less impact/slam
- vocals with almost no clarity
- lush sound without much context
- instruments got too much body in the lower regions, which makes them sound too unnatural
- very bad detail retrieval

Peacock

- Soundstage almost as big as HD800S
- way more bass quantity than HD800S and about the same to the audeze, more slam/impact than both
- vocals are never fatiguing, very clear and not too far away, but also not close
- instruments sound very natural, only missing a bit clarity in the higher regions (ZMF Auteur's timbre is slightly better)
- detail retrieval is far superior compared to the LCD-2 and almost about the same level as the HD800S

The only headphones i know, that comes close to this level of tonal balance of the peacocks are the Hifiman Susvara and ZMF Auteur (BE2 Pads). A bit behind are the ZMF Verite and Aeolus. Everything else just sounds wrong without EQ to me.

Hope this is more helpful to you? :)

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #213 of 322
Sometimes, after the fury of buying and trying all the new flagships becomes a bit stale, its nice to strap on the HD600 and smile.
‘Strap on’?….do you listen while riding a mechanical bull?….😜🤪

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #214 of 322
I think you forgot something :) I was comparing the Peacock to the HD800S and LCD-2 with oratory EQ in mind, not in original state, as i don't like both without EQ, the tonality is a disaster.

So, compared to the LCD-2 or HD800S with EQ, the Peacock is less treble forward and recessed in the upper midrange with less amount of bass (LCD-2, HD800S actually has about the same bass with EQ), without loosing balance in overall tonality, as i can clearly hear all parts of the music without throwing anything out out balance.

One more thing, even though the LCD-2 got way more treble power because of the oratory EQ, the detail retrieval is way superior, i can hear a lot more details overall, even though its less forward. This is what i find very fascinating about headphones, if you, for example, compare with same EQ and get more/less treble, more/less bass, more snap or punch etc.

Hope that helps? :)

I can understand, that reading reviews might help just not sure, if someone hired by a company that is producing treble emphasized cans to be a trustworthy person to build your opinion on?

I can't take his opinion seriously, because the built quality is one of the best i have ever seen on any headphones and i'm very picky when it comes to this. Only ZMF could impress me with that, otherwise i found every headphone company to be really bad on this matter regardless of the price tag. The bag is, aside from the fact, that it looks like an ass to me, is a very nice bonus, which could cost a lot with this level of quality without even a good fit, because it needs to fit the majority out there.

I have reviewed from the HD600 up the the Hifiman Susvara almost everything on the market together with Stax and personally find the Peacock to be the very best from all of them, because they got one of the best detail retrieval, well controlled bass, superior soundstage and even the height soundstage from the Hifimans i know and could probably only improve with oratory EQ, but are pretty good without it already and well balanced.

The LCD-2 for example (DMS told in the video that even the worst audeze product would be better) is absolutely terrible when it comes to details. It gets much much better with oratory EQ (tonality wise), but the detail retrieval is still not one of the best compared to the HD800S and the peacock comes close to the HD800S with less treble energy. If thats not impressive, i don't know.

Actually the headphones with pretty much the very best price to performance ration (above 1500$), because below 1000$ its probably the LCD-2 with oratory EQ, it turns the headphone into one of the best sounding on the market in my opinion, but its loosing big time against the LCD-2 in details, soundstage wide, deep and height and soft highlight presentation while being more detailed at the same time and having even better bass than audeze with EQ applied.

Of course, it's only my opinion, but instead of trashing a product based on a almost pointless and really biased review for whatever reason, you should try to listen to them first, otherwise it's never good to agree with someone without even knowing in my opinion, this is the first step how communication goes the wrong way :)
Damn! Well said!

Oct 11, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #216 of 322
Revised 10/12 :

The Peacock's Drivers as well as the V3 Arya Stealth, after about 10 hrs of burn in, FR change a bit.
What i noticed is that the treble and midrange opened up, in both cases, about 5-10 hrs into the listening experience.
Both became more open, soundstage widened a bit, and the initial warm tone remained yet was joined by mids and treble that become more and more revealing.
-
-
-
-

I wanted to share my initial impressions of the Sendy Peacock, right out of the box, and after listening to quite a few genres` of music.....

First :

The case is very nice.
The 4.4 cables are fantastic and all the adapters are included. ( Cable is $240 USD ).
The Leather used for the Pads and Headband is impressive.
The headphones themselves, the wooden cups, it all remind me of expensive ZMF.

Im using a nice Meridian Prime Headphone amp to make them sing, and im not having to use much knob to get them singing.

The sound : is big, full, elegant, and refined.
There is a difference between soft and rolled off, and elegant and refined......and Listeners who know how to listen, know the difference instantly.
This gear speaks fluently to you with a lovely LUSH voice.
This gear is designed for vocal appreciation, especially.

1.) Bass : Balanced. Its been designed to let you feel how smooth it is, yet how balanced it is... whereas some bass response offered by headphones is "now here is the bass part".. and its almost like a separation from the total musical experience. The Peacock's bass is integral to the tonality vs being separated. The Bass is rich.

2.) Midrange : Ok, here is the money shot. Here is what makes this gear so SWEET sounding. The mids are lovely. They are not sharp, or aggressive, nor are they recessed or "V". They are just so sweet. Lots of resolution, lots of detail retrieval, but never at the expense of Lush and Sweet Signature presentation.

3.) Treble : The treble reminds me of expensive floor standing speakers that are worn and grooved and speak with sweetness. Not a hint of sibilance, and not a bit of harshness is found within the Peacock's beautiful treble response.

4.) Timbre : Fluid & Refined.

5.) Dac/Amp : Best sonic results will be found with a Dac/Amp that is analytical and precise.

How does the Peacock present vocals, acoustic guitars, and strings? It presents them with fluidity and beauty.

How does the Peacock present Drums, Trumpet, and Piano? It present them with depth and focus but never with any sharpness.

Instrument separation is well defined but not over defined or clinical.

I prefer using the balanced cables with the Peacocks.

Soundstage is good, but its not so high, deep, and wide, that you lose sonic coherence, resolution and details. There is no sense of "here is the left channel and here is the right channel, and where is the middle ????". So, its not flawed in this regard like some of the Hifiman or the HD800S.

Conclusion : The Sendy Peacock is a fine Audiophile gear. They will appeal to the ZMF and Audeze fans most of all. Fans of the Hifiman sound or the Beyer sound or the Grado sound, will find them a beautiful revelation, but i can't say that they will love them, unless they are able to enjoy warm, rich, elegant, lush, sound.

The Sendy Peacocks make beautiful sweet music, so if you enjoy this sound, or want this flavor of sound to be a new part of your gear collection, then they won't disappoint you.

--
-
Pkok.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #217 of 322
I wanted to share my initial impressions of the Sendy Peacock, right out of the box, and after listening to quite a few genres` of music.....

First :

The case is very nice.
The 4.4 cables are fantastic and all the adapters are included. ( Cable is $240 USD ).
The Leather used for the Pads and Headband is impressive.
The headphones themselves, the wooden cups, it all remind me of expensive ZMF.

Im using a nice Meridian Prime Headphone amp to make them sing, and im not having to use much knob to get them singing.

The sound : is big, full, elegant, and refined.
There is a difference between soft and rolled off, and elegant and refined......and Listeners who know how to listen, know the difference instantly.
This gear speaks fluently to you with a lovely LUSH voice.
This gear is designed for vocal appreciation, especially.

1.) Bass : Balanced. Its been designed to let you feel how smooth it is, yet how balanced it is... whereas some bass response offered by headphones is "now here is the bass part".. and its almost like a separation from the total musical experience. The Peacock's bass is integral to the tonality vs being separated. The Bass is rich.

2.) Midrange : Ok, here is the money shot. Here is what makes this gear so SWEET sounding. The mids are lovely. They are not sharp, or aggressive, nor are they recessed or "V". They are just so sweet. Lots of resolution, lots of detail retrieval, but never at the expense of Lush and Sweet Signature presentation.

3.) Treble : The treble reminds me of expensive floor standing speakers that are worn and grooved and speak with sweetness. Not a hint of sibilance, and not a bit of harshness is found within the Peacock's beautiful treble response.

4.) Timbre : Fluid & Refined.

5.) Dac/Amp : Best sonic results will be found with a Dac/Amp that is analytical and precise.

How does the Peacock present vocals, acoustic guitars, and strings? It presents them with fluidity and beauty.

How does the Peacock present Drums, Trumpet, and Piano? It present them with depth and focus but never with any sharpness.

Instrument separation is well defined but not over defined or clinical.

I prefer using the balanced cables with the Peacocks.

Soundstage is good, but its not so high, deep, and wide, that you lose sonic coherence, resolution and details. There is no sense of "here is the left channel and here is the right channel, and where is the middle ????". So, its not flawed in this regard like some of the Hifiman or the HD800S.

Conclusion : The Sendy Peacock is a fine Audiophile gear. They will appeal to the ZMF and Audeze fans most of all. Fans of the Hifiman sound or the Beyer sound or the Grado sound, will find them a beautiful revelation, but i can't say that they will love them, unless they are able to enjoy warm, rich, elegant, lush, sound.

The Sendy Peacocks make beautiful sweet music, so if you enjoy this sound, or want this flavor of sound to be a new part of your gear collection, then they won't disappoint you.

--
-
I agree. DMS can take his Abyss Diana V2 and piss off. I couldn’t sell that headphone fast enough. It had midrange sibilance, a tiny soundstage, and fit like a wildebeest was perched on your noggin. The only thing I liked about it was the magnetic earpads.

Oct 11, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #218 of 322
I agree. DMS can take his Abyss Diana V2 and piss off. I couldn’t sell that headphone fast enough. It had midrange sibilance, a tiny soundstage, and fit like a wildebeest was perched on your noggin. The only thing I liked about it was the magnetic earpads.
Haha.

Both DMS and Josh V are located directly inside the arya abyss......

But, the Hifi Stealth V3, is good...Its really good.

The Diana V2 is like a grating Grado sound with a different frame and actual pads that hurt worse...... which is quite an unfortunate accomplishment.
Doesn't DMS work for Abyss?

Im sitting here plugged into the Peacock listening to some Steely Dan Remasters. "Hey Nineteen" is playing and it sounds perfect.
Mr Peacock presents the Vocals beautifully.

- happy listening...

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #219 of 322
Haha.

Both DMS and Josh V are located directly inside the arya abyss......

The Diana V2 is like a grating Grado sound with a different frame and actual pads that hurt worse...... which is quite an unfortunate accomplishment.
Doesn't DMS work for Abyss?

Im sitting here plugged into the Peacock listening to some Steely Dan Remasters. "Hey Nineteen" is playing and it sounds like vinyl meets analog.
Mr Peacock presents the Vocals beautifully.

- happy listening...
Yes the Peacock is such a pleasant listen. And yes, DMS works for Abyss. I’m going to get to sample an Arya SE later this week.

Oct 12, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #222 of 322
Original Arya was brighter and unbearable for me with that peaky treble, is Stealth V3 any different at that?
Yes the Peacock is such a pleasant listen. And yes, DMS works for Abyss. I’m going to get to sample an Arya SE later this week.
I will be very interested to hear your opinion on Stealth V3.

I really get frustrated when these reviewers say "at this price". You just can't measure a headphone's performance based on PRICE IMO.

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #223 of 322
Original Arya was brighter and unbearable for me with that peaky treble, is Stealth V3 any different at that?

I will be very interested to hear your opinion on Stealth V3.

I really get frustrated when these reviewers say "at this price". You just can't measure a headphone's performance based on PRICE IMO.
Pricing at least has to be SOME sort of factor when you are a reviewer/content creator and your putting out information to help buyers make informed decisions with their money.

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #224 of 322
I reviewed it on the V3 Stealth Thread. Check it out.

And yes, Hifiman recreated the V3 to resolve all the issues the V2 had, and they are resolved.
Gone is the harsh midrange peak and the treble etch.
Its now a warmer more lush much fuller sounding headphone......unique, not like the previous versions........as it has BASS and low end impact yet with nice mids and very good treble response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back