NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #316 of 322
Crinacle has measurements of Peacock if that helps. I don't remember oratory's site having them the last time I checked (when the site was up)
Thanks for the info!

I'm partial to oratory1990's measurements but I'll definitely have to check out Crinacle's, especially if you're right and there are no oratory measurements for the Peacock.

Blessings,
-J

Mar 22, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #317 of 322
Thanks for the info!

I'm partial to oratory1990's measurements but I'll definitely have to check out Crinacle's, especially if you're right and there are no oratory measurements for the Peacock.

Blessings,
-J
having multiple measurements to compare helps a lot unless you can get your own particular unit measured. Crins measurements are almost identical to Audeze LCD-2F which I also have but they sound quite different. LCD-2F is clean, dry and non aggresive, while peacock is lush, kind of warm and sibilant.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #320 of 322
Hello my fellow Peacock enthusiasts (the few, the proud)! I'm excited to say that my longtime goal of building a Peacock-specific headphone rig is about to become a reality!

My main dac/amp is a Chord Hugo 2, and after listening to it for awhile with my new Rosson Rad-0, I've realized that the Peacock was actually not as good of a fit for the Hugo 2's relatively small (though precise) soundstage, and neutral level of bass quantity and slam, as I used to think. The Peacock needs an injection of extra bass, as well as a wider soundstaging amp, in order to maximize its virtuous qualities, in addition to a smoothing out of its oddball treble elevation in a certain part of the frequency response (that part I had solved by using Dan Clark's excellent Vivo cable).

I have locked in one of iFi's 1000 limited edition Micro iDSD Finale dac/amps (its a slightly updated version of the Signature), and I am having one of my fancy silver cables reterminated for 4.4mm balanced for use with the Peacock in this new rig.

I've spoken with Curious Cables via email, and they can make me a pretty inexpensive super short Curious USB cable with the USB C I need for my phone. According to my research, Curious Cables are some of the best USB you can possibly get, and increase soundstaging abilities as well clarity and detail. The silver headphone cable is a 600 dollar Signum Plus from Arctic Cables, extremely detailed and very honest, but in this case, I believe the Finale will perform the necessary treble smoothing, as that is part of iFi's house sound (unlike Chord's neutral house sound).

The Micro Finale inherits the previous Micro Signature's increase in soundstage size due to the switch to balanced amplification (over the previous previous one, the Black Label, that is), and crucially, it has one of the most powerful forms of iFi's Xbass low end enhancement tech. I tried the Peacock with a less powerful form of Xbass on iFi's Go Bar, and it was almost awesome, just needed a bit more oomph.

I will report back here once I get the rig all together and burned in!

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #321 of 322
Hi,

I own the Arya SE and have been wrapping my head around the Sendy Peacock.
I'm intrigued by the description of the sound signature and the "warmer" presentation.

I have the Burson Audio Conductor 3 Performance for DAC/Amp and I'm wondering if it
would be a good match for the Peacock. Also I'm wondering if it can be a worthy complementary for the Arya.

I really love soundstage and presentation and I'm kind of sensible to sibilance.

Any thoughts?

Greetings, Dede

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #322 of 322
Hi,

I own the Arya SE and have been wrapping my head around the Sendy Peacock.
I'm intrigued by the description of the sound signature and the "warmer" presentation.

I have the Burson Audio Conductor 3 Performance for DAC/Amp and I'm wondering if it
would be a good match for the Peacock. Also I'm wondering if it can be a worthy complementary for the Arya.

I really love soundstage and presentation and I'm kind of sensible to sibilance.

Any thoughts?

Greetings, Dede

The Sendy Peaock, ... when it first came out........was very popular, for about a week.
Then Joshua Valour, and DMS, and "THe Headphone Show", murdered it in their reviews.
They killed it, when they should have been stabbing the LCD-5, instead.
I didnt. I think the P-KoK has a unique sound and its certainly not a bad one.
It not a perfect set of headphone, and neither is any set, including the Susvara and the Caldara or the Austrian Audio "The Composer".. or any other set, that will ever be invented, created, and mass produced, regarding somewhat "tight tolerances".

It always comes down to the listener..., each.... as they/we have the final say..
Z-Reviews, loves it.. and i liked it... others dont.
So, i can't quite understand why the so called.... "noted" reviewers, just hated it, when it fact, its sound is somewhat like a ZMF.
It is warm, and its very musical.
Is everyone going to like it?
That's not possible with any set., brand, or model.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back