NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
May 14, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #302 of 322
At our place there are several retailers who give up to 3 years warranty and they'd cover shipment. Good to hear Sendy is responding. Hope they'll help you.
But the vast majority of warranties are not transferable. Once you buy used, you are usually on your own. Some companies will work with you, but it will not be the same as being the original owner.

May 14, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #303 of 322
But the vast majority of warranties are not transferable. Once you buy used, you are usually on your own. Some companies will work with you, but it will not be the same as being the original owner.
Here, at least with local retailers, second hand purchases usually don't affect the warranty as far as I know. In worst case scenario you can just say it's a gift.

Jun 8, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #304 of 322
Wanted to share an update. Housing replacements arrived last week but I had them changed today. As you can see wood part around the hinge holes are thicker. Stock ones are flush. Obviously it was a design risk/mistake and they corrected it. New color is different, I like it better.
20220608_154757.jpg

Jun 11, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #305 of 322
Wanted to share an update. Housing replacements arrived last week but I had them changed today. As you can see wood part around the hinge holes are thicker. Stock ones are flush. Obviously it was a design risk/mistake and they corrected it. New color is different, I like it better.
Congratulations for the repair! Hopefully it will last a long time.

Jul 13, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #306 of 322
My thoughts on the Sendy Peacock can be found HERE, if anyone is interested.

Bottom line for me - it's a unique, quirky headphone that I actually enjoy quite a bit in the right context. Definitely not a "safe", do-everything approach, but what it does do it does really well. I don't have many similarly priced headphones here to compare but from memory I would actually prefer this to most of the midrange Audeze and HiFiMAN models.

I can also very much understand why some love the sound and some hate it.

Sep 16, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #307 of 322
Just posting again to reiterate that I think this is a substantially underrated headphone that more people should check out. I have not heard it with that many different amps/dacs, and I suspect that it is more picky about that stuff than people realize, which would explain why some people say it sounds awful. I'm using it mainly out of a Chord Hugo 2, with a Dan Clark Audio Vivo cable.

I heavily disagree with all the folks who say it's not an "all-rounder" headphone that sounds good with everything. I guess this is subjective, but to me, the Peacock seems more versatile than any of my neutral, "technically accurate" sounding headphones, such as Aeon 2 Closed, Neumann NDH20, Sennheiser HD600, etc. The Peacock easily reveals which recordings are best, but makes mediocre ones sound infinitely better than the Aeon 2 Closed that I'm used to.

There IS a recession somewhere in the range of female vocals, but to me neutral headphones have much more elevation in the treble than the Peacock has recession, relative to real life. It's important to point out that "neutral" correct audio is ultimately a point of view. I play a lot of modern videogames, where most of the audio is tons of voice acting, and I can tell you, even just with human voices, "neutral" headphones on a neutral amp (at least a solid state amp) to me makes those voices sound significantly different from real life, unnatural. With the Peacock, voices sound like voices, and absolutely no genre of music sounds bad to me.

This to my ears is the most versatile headphone I've ever heard. It has the perfect "goldilocks" type of bass, where there is some slam, extension, and quantity, but it's still somehow not enough to cause fatigue over time. The soundstage is equal in size and realism to my Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen and my Kennerton Vali (the most recent version) which I consider to be pretty impressive, but the Peacock does not have the weird upper treble elevation and excessive bass of the T1 3, nor the somewhat irritating analytical brightness of the Vali. I wish I could let people listen to how it sounds in my setup, because I'm just not hearing the flaws people gripe about, I'm hearing greatness.

Attachments

• 20220526_212539~2.jpg
    20220526_212539~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #308 of 322
Just posting again to reiterate that I think this is a substantially underrated headphone that more people should check out. I have not heard it with that many different amps/dacs, and I suspect that it is more picky about that stuff than people realize, which would explain why some people say it sounds awful. I'm using it mainly out of a Chord Hugo 2, with a Dan Clark Audio Vivo cable.

I heavily disagree with all the folks who say it's not an "all-rounder" headphone that sounds good with everything. I guess this is subjective, but to me, the Peacock seems more versatile than any of my neutral, "technically accurate" sounding headphones, such as Aeon 2 Closed, Neumann NDH20, Sennheiser HD600, etc. The Peacock easily reveals which recordings are best, but makes mediocre ones sound infinitely better than the Aeon 2 Closed that I'm used to.

There IS a recession somewhere in the range of female vocals, but to me neutral headphones have much more elevation in the treble than the Peacock has recession, relative to real life. It's important to point out that "neutral" correct audio is ultimately a point of view. I play a lot of modern videogames, where most of the audio is tons of voice acting, and I can tell you, even just with human voices, "neutral" headphones on a neutral amp (at least a solid state amp) to me makes those voices sound significantly different from real life, unnatural. With the Peacock, voices sound like voices, and absolutely no genre of music sounds bad to me.

This to my ears is the most versatile headphone I've ever heard. It has the perfect "goldilocks" type of bass, where there is some slam, extension, and quantity, but it's still somehow not enough to cause fatigue over time. The soundstage is equal in size and realism to my Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen and my Kennerton Vali (the most recent version) which I consider to be pretty impressive, but the Peacock does not have the weird upper treble elevation and excessive bass of the T1 3, nor the somewhat irritating analytical brightness of the Vali. I wish I could let people listen to how it sounds in my setup, because I'm just not hearing the flaws people gripe about, I'm hearing greatness.

I agree, people should give the peacock more of a chance, they are incredibly good and actually fairly good in comfort too!

Oct 4, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #310 of 322
Sendy peacock is the most enjoyable headphone i have ever owned and I own/owned susvara, abyss 1266tc, solitaire p and many more. Zeos was right, this is incredible headphone

Oct 5, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #311 of 322
Sendy peacock is the most enjoyable headphone i have ever owned and I own/owned susvara, abyss 1266tc, solitaire p and many more. Zeos was right, this is incredible headphone

If I may ask, how does it compare to Susvara?

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 6, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #312 of 322
If I may ask, how does it compare to Susvara?
More alike than different to my ears. Similar tonality, both are warmer, smoother and airier headphones. Detail, instrument separation is better on susvara but not much. I like the bass on peacock because i can feel it but i am not sure if it is better than susvara. Both are similarly comfortable headphones. I am not good at comparing headphones but i am learning

Oct 6, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #313 of 322
More alike than different to my ears. Similar tonality, both are warmer, smoother and airier headphones. Detail, instrument separation is better on susvara but not much. I like the bass on peacock because i can feel it but i am not sure if it is better than susvara. Both are similarly comfortable headphones. I am not good at comparing headphones but i am learning

You're doing great, so thanks a lot for your impressions and enjoy that awesome collection of cans you have :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #314 of 322
Hello fellow headphone enthusiasts!

I've just obtained a set of Sendy Peacock's and I'm itching to EQ them but I'm in need of @oratory1990 's measurements. I've scoured the internet for them but the server it was on seems to be down and has been for a while with no promise of returning.

I've written oratory1990 through reddit with no reply with the following:

"Dear sir!

I wondered if you had the time, if you could send me your much sought after measurements, this time of the Sendy Peacock which I've just obtained and wish to EQ and measure. I am helpless without your measurements and am chomping at the bit to begin EQing, but cannot without the help of your most excellent measurements which I currently use for the LCD-X, LCD-XC, DT1990, and the Focal Stellias.

I've searched online everywhere for them but the site that contains the treasures seems to be down and has been for a while with no promise of starting up again. I wondered if you could PM them to me or email me at zespone@hotmail.com.

This is much appreciated. With great respect,"

So @oratory1990 if you're reading this, please help! If anyone else has them by any chance do help!

Thank you all,

Blessings,
-Jonne

Mar 22, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #315 of 322
Hello fellow headphone enthusiasts!

I've just obtained a set of Sendy Peacock's and I'm itching to EQ them but I'm in need of @oratory1990 's measurements. I've scoured the internet for them but the server it was on seems to be down and has been for a while with no promise of returning.

I've written oratory1990 through reddit with no reply with the following:

"Dear sir!

I wondered if you had the time, if you could send me your much sought after measurements, this time of the Sendy Peacock which I've just obtained and wish to EQ and measure. I am helpless without your measurements and am chomping at the bit to begin EQing, but cannot without the help of your most excellent measurements which I currently use for the LCD-X, LCD-XC, DT1990, and the Focal Stellias.

I've searched online everywhere for them but the site that contains the treasures seems to be down and has been for a while with no promise of starting up again. I wondered if you could PM them to me or email me at zespone@hotmail.com.

This is much appreciated. With great respect,"

So @oratory1990 if you're reading this, please help! If anyone else has them by any chance do help!

Thank you all,

Blessings,
-Jonne
Crinacle has measurements of Peacock if that helps. I don't remember oratory's site having them the last time I checked (when the site was up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back