NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Dec 22, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #271 of 322
Alright, Oratory's EQ as promised, it was produced from the Peacock i own.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwk4jbhtwezaww4/Sendy Audio Peacock.pdf?dl=0

I hope you will be happy with the EQ. I may try it out after christmas, when i get my Peacock back from AT, so you are in the pole position to write something about it haha

Have fun :beerchug:

Enjoying this EQ setup quite a lot! The biggest improvement is bringing vocals up in the mix, as they were quite recessed in comparison. Still figuring out where the Peacock fits within my whole collection and whether it can displace another headphone or find its own place.

The 4500 Hz boost is way too much for me personally, so I have it dialed to just +4 dB. I increased the 10k high shelf from +0.5 to +3 dB as well and it definitely increases the "airiness" spectrum without causing any noticeable sibilance. The Peacock takes quite well to EQing, especially surprised by the lack of much noticeable distortion in the bass.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #272 of 322
@wenbinbin2010

the 4.5k is not boosted, oratory arranged the EQ in a way, that taking down this value alone will decrease the "whole" upper range region altogether, it's not a "peak" :)

Hifiman Fans would boost it even higher :L3000:

Personally i use 4.5K 8db and bass shelf +4.5db, i like it slightly flatter in general, so doing that for all headphones.

Jan 14, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #273 of 322
why are 50% of people saying this is the top 5 worst headphones and 50% saying top 5 best?

:S

P.S. not trying to stir up crap, clearly this thread is for people who love it but I watched DMS/Resolve review first and it seemed to certain it was horrible and then just watched Zeos say it beat 2021 LCD-X(as an Audeze fan) and NTR say it was as good as the HD800.... From the FR I don't think it's my cup of tea but I watched Zeos sound demo with Ananda's on which are the most neutral to me and it sounded p.good despite what DMS said.... looking for owner thoughts (like if it requires EQ because I don't eq)

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #274 of 322
why are 50% of people saying this is the top 5 worst headphones and 50% saying top 5 best?

P.S. not trying to stir up crap, clearly this thread is for people who love it but I watched DMS/Resolve review first and it seemed to certain it was horrible and then just watched Zeos say it beat 2021 LCD-X(as an Audeze fan) and NTR say it was as good as the HD800.... From the FR I don't think it's my cup of tea but I watched Zeos sound demo with Ananda's on which are the most neutral to me and it sounded p.good despite what DMS said.... looking for owner thoughts (like if it requires EQ because I don't eq)
Because it depends on what you value most in your headphones. The Peacock stages wide and has HUGE images. Those two qualities make it sound very different from most other headphones. It is also built well, comes with great accessories, and has ample bass and smooth treble. If you value those qualities, you’ll love it.

The smooth treble can be a turn off for those that prefer a more analytical and bright sound (think Grado, Hifiman, Beyerdynamic). It also doesn’t have the best timbre/tonality. There was some creative license with its tuning for sure. If you value tonality over all else, you’ll probably not like it.

Personally, I’d take it over all Audeze headphones lower than the LCD 4. I hate the comfort of Audeze, the lack of soundstage, the huge mid range FR dip, and their stupid glued on earpads. YMMV.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #275 of 322
Because it depends on what you value most in your headphones. The Peacock stages wide and has HUGE images. Those two qualities make it sound very different from most other headphones. It is also built well, comes with great accessories, and has ample bass and smooth treble. If you value those qualities, you’ll love it.

The smooth treble can be a turn off for those that prefer a more analytical and bright sound (think Grado, Hifiman, Beyerdynamic). It also doesn’t have the best timbre/tonality. There was some creative license with its tuning for sure. If you value tonality over all else, you’ll probably not like it.

Personally, I’d take it over all Audeze headphones lower than the LCD 4. I hate the comfort of Audeze, the lack of soundstage, the huge mid range FR dip, and their stupid glued on earpads. YMMV.
ok but the LCD-3 soundstage is wider than an NFL tight end(I had to say that tis my favorite headphone)

That said makes some sense to me, but this is something I griped hard about in my post on the gripes with reviewers thread, DMS reviewed it and so did resolve and they didn't state if they EQ'ed it and sure or maybe I can assume they didn't and it seems that way but they didn't state that they didn't... Which is one of the reasons like both @Max_Settings and @metal571 even though they are diametrically opposed and objectively max settings is right and the most based, at least I know when I get a metal review he has EQ'ed it, and even if he doesn't mention it every video he has his setting in the description so you know he did and he goes out of his way to say whether he thinks it's good without EQ like max often says it might be good with EQ....

Not sure where I fall here on the sound signature thing but I think overall I am more dark/warm (even though I literally have an Ananda, DT1990, and Elegia on my desk, jfl).... Also I know what you mean by huge images, where there isn't a crazy amount of separation and the soundstage feels empty but it's like engulfing and full and freaking like a force of nature.... All that said I still think I came here with too much preconceived notions that someone could describe it how I love but at the end of the day I would take the "safer" choice LCD-X since almost everybody gave it very good reviews, but then I remember I love the LCD-3 and most people don't... and I have heard people say the soundstage is small (I mean reviewers) and been like What are they talking about... they know NOTHING and I feel this might be like that, and how much I love the LCD-3 if I missed out on ever hearing it I would hate it.... So I am going to wait to see if I can get one of these at a dummy low price (saw one sold here for $700) and then if I like it I got an amazing deal on a fantastic headphone and if I don't I can sell it quickly and not have lost any $$$....

Thanks for your comment, I think mostly I had to think it thru and wouldn't come out wanting to purchase it but all things considered with the possibility of getting it at a very low price due to the polarizing nature, I want to try it now, and your comments did help!

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #276 of 322

Seems to me like the Love/Hate ratio might be something more like 20/80. Someone has been trying to sell a very lightly used set of these here in the classifieds for a month plus (maybe two months?). They are only asking $700 +/-. Which I think is half of the new price? Haven't these only been out since like August? That is some pretty painful depreciation. But if you are someone who does not care at all about tonality or tonal accuracy at all, maybe these are a deal in waiting.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #277 of 322
Seems to me like the Love/Hate ratio might be something more like 20/80. Someone has been trying to sell a very lightly used set of these here in the classifieds for a month plus (maybe two months?). They are only asking $700 +/-. Which I think is half of the new price? Haven't these only been out since like August? That is some pretty painful depreciation. But if you are someone who does not care at all about tonality or tonal accuracy at all, maybe these are a deal in waiting.
Have you listened to the sound demo on a neutral pair of headphones? Honestly did not sound that bad and I don't think anybody would genuinely be able to say they are worth $1500 or possibly beat LCD-X's if they had poor technical performance which is quite objective... this is something I have heard from multiple reviewers too, and while I have heard the opposite, that they sound like $100 set of headphones from other reviewers who objectively I think are better it raises some eyebrows... the chance to test them at that price and sell them and have not lost money is quite intriguing, can you link me to some negative reviews on youtube or written of them so I can look some more(seems the $700 set is sold) incase the opportunity to get them at a discount that is not as steep presents itself and I have to make a tough choice.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #278 of 322
Have you listened to the sound demo on a neutral pair of headphones? Honestly did not sound that bad and I don't think anybody would genuinely be able to say they are worth $1500 or possibly beat LCD-X's if they had poor technical performance which is quite objective... this is something I have heard from multiple reviewers too, and while I have heard the opposite, that they sound like $100 set of headphones from other reviewers who objectively I think are better it raises some eyebrows... the chance to test them at that price and sell them and have not lost money is quite intriguing, can you link me to some negative reviews on youtube or written of them so I can look some more(seems the $700 set is sold) incase the opportunity to get them at a discount that is not as steep presents itself and I have to make a tough choice.
I have owned more than forty sets of headphones and auditioned/sampled easily over a hundred. I have not heard the Peacock and I don't have any interest in doing so for a few reasons. 1. They are ugly AF and I would not put them on my head. Just my opinion but I gotta draw the line somewhere. 2. I personally know three people whom have heard them, that I trust, and all said different negative things ranging from "gross" to "if it were less than the Sundara, I would still choose the Sundara" to "It misses entire octaves of the music". 3. The VERY few reviewers that I do trust have taken a 'hard pass' on it. I am not here to plug ANY reviewers, good or bad, so I will not be supplying any links.

However, for somebody in the market and does not mind the 'style', only one way to find out. Buy them and give them a listen. If you don't like em, just re sell them. Just make sure to come on this thread and prop them up so that the prices don't fall too much more so you can get better ROI.

I noticed you currently without a LCD-3? I have a friend here in LA who is selling his. I can connect you to him if you are a ready to buy.

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #279 of 322
I have owned more than forty sets of headphones and auditioned/sampled easily over a hundred. I have not heard the Peacock and I don't have any interest in doing so...
Thank you for enlightening us. Those of us who are not just here to prop up the price of their headphone will surely gain a lot from this mix of hearsay and outright hostility.

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #280 of 322
Hello all, A recent Peacock owner here. Read the whole thread here and other forums. Also watched any review I could find. Although I only listened my pair for a couple of hours, I can say I agree most of the things said about these, both good and bad. I wanted to ask to the good people here. Would you define Peacocks as muffled? Because it was what I though when I first put them on.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #281 of 322
Glad to report that these are growing on me. This headphone is significantly different. I'm not saying this by comparing to other headphones, but the feeling they leave on me is different from my other pairs. By no means these are natural or faithful to the source I think. Some people related this sound to the tube or vinyl sound. I have to agree. Sorry I'm a newbie and these are my second planar headphones. Just wanted to share some love with you. Also impact on these are pretty impressive. Mind you I haven't heard any Audeze and these aren't at the same ballpark with my Clear MGs but still better than I expected.

Feb 10, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #282 of 322
I received my "Open Box" Sendy Audio Peacock headphones today. Let's start right off with these are not "open box" at all. Still had the shrink wrap on them and they were either repackaged by the same people who packaged them in the first place or they were never opened to begin with. Near as I can tell they were marked down because the rear corner of the box was dented (see pic). These are brand-new headphones.

20220210_142037.jpg

The outer box is very unassuming - plain cardboard with black writing. It's clear that Sendy is going for saving money on the outside, which is just fine to me. I don't listen to the box, anyway.

Upon opening the box, I was greeted with the "baby's butt", which is hysterical. This is a beautiful case, made is real leather (goat, I believe I read somewhere", with a very nice strap, heavy duty zipper, and nice feet on the bottom to stand the butt up upright. In fact, if they had removed the "butt crack" from the case, it would be perfect. Note to Sendy - seriously, fix this, please.

Once you get past the giant ass staring you in the face, inside are some very nicely crafted headphones! There's no sign on cheap plastic, no crinkle wrap on anything, and they look very solid and well made! My biggest knock on the HiFiMan headphones (that I promptly returned within 24 hours) was that they looked and felt like cheap Chinese knock-off headphones. If I had slapped a "name brand" label on these, you wouldn't blink twice. They're solid, metal and wood, and beefy.

Out of the case, you realize that these are huge! They make my Utopias look like they were made for toddlers.

The build quality is present in everything on these headphones - the wood, leather, aluminum, even the gold trim. Let's get that out of the way right now. Yes, it's gold. No, it's not obnoxious "Chinese restaurant" gaudy gold. The colors work for me, but then again, I like the looks of my Focal MGs, too.

So what else comes in the package? Well, I'll tell you, kind internet reader - an actual FABRIC (hemp, to be exact) bag that contains a 6ish' braided cable with a TRRRRSSSSSSS 4.4mm cable, a 4.4TRrrrr-6.3mmSE adapter, and a 4.4yadda-XLR adapter. All of this is very nicely built. While it's not a Norne braided Drausk 3, it is worlds better than the crap cable that comes with most other headphones, including my aforementioned Focal MGs. The ends are metal, the connectors are metal, the adapters are metal, in fact, the only thing that's not metal is the splitter and chin cinch, and those are wood.

Do how do they sound? Well.... In a word, cinnamon. Seriously, they're clean, polite, and a touch warm, even for the Woo Audio WA6-SE Gen 2. If you want bright planars, these aren't for you. If you want slamming bass, these aren't for you. If you want something that's slightly warm-of-neutral, these are for you. They are fairly efficient, providing plenty of volume at 9-10:00 on the Woo. My IFI Gryphon has no problem driving them either, with plenty of room to spare on the volume knob. If I had to deduct points, I'd say -1 for the warmer lean (unless that doesn't bother you, which it just fine to me). Maybe -1 for a lack of sparkle. These are a full step above my MGs, and while they're not Utopia-killers, they're worth the price tag, especially with the "Open Box" discount.

These are great for Jazz lovers, fine for country and pop, rap/R&B is nice, not nothing to write home about. Classical guitar holds up very well, and orchestral music just shines! Female vocals are strong, not wilted. Male voices are not overpowering. There is a slight hollow spot around 2k or so (Anne Hathaway - "I Dreamed a Dream" from the Les Mis soundtrack is missing something in her lower range).

Soundstage is as to be expected from open-back headphones. It's there, but not particularly wide. These are not particularly precise, but then again, I don't think they were designed to be. These are casual listening headphones, not critical listening.

They are quite comfortable. Aside from capturing some body heat inside the cups and warning up, they don't feel heavy and oppressive. In fact, they are very easy to wear considering their weight. Much more comfortable than the MGs, but nowhere near as comfortable as the Utopias or the Sennheiser HD-8XX'S.

Final thoughts - I'm perfectly happy with these. Yes, I know it's the same company as SIVGA. No, I don't care. I haven't heard the SIVGA, so I have no point of reference. I am not a numbers or chart guy. I understand them, but I chose to believe my ears over what paper tells me. These are built well, look fantastic (to me), and sound better than my Focal MGs (which retail for around the same price).

8/10, will keep.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #283 of 322
Just finally pulled the trigger on the Peacock, after about a year of contemplating/researching various headphones that could possibly be my endgame, "last headphone" situation. I ultimately decided to trust Zeos on this, since I'm confident his tastes align with mine. Up to this point, my main headphone has been the Aeon 2 Closed, and I love it with my Hugo 2, but to my ears that synergy (though it's pretty good) is simply too unforgiving for high volume/wonky recordings/old movies/anime with squeaky voices. The other issue (at least for me it is) is that the soundstage just can't get big enough on the A2C to sound epic and grand when it ought to. And, particularly when I activate the Hugo 2's crossfeed (which is often because it's awesome) some music just lacks the width to make it sound realistic sized, and the immersion "you're there" factor suffers. And of course, there is the Aeon 2's infamous lack of bass slam, despite having detailed, fairly well extended bass. I have high hopes for the Peacock, as it seems people have said (and not just Zeos) that it has the right qualities to improve all these areas of the sound without EQ, which I can't really use in my situation.

Mar 7, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #284 of 322
I'm not saying Chrono from the Headphone Show can't appreciate aesthetic beauty. Clearly the Peacock is just hideous, with the real wood and real leather, and especially the part that's plated with actual gold. I just hope that dude never visits the Sistine Chapel, he would hate it.

Attachments

• 20220301_171403~3.jpg
    20220301_171403~3.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220307_081902~4.jpg
    20220307_081902~4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 7, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #285 of 322
I'm not saying Chrono from the Headphone Show can't appreciate aesthetic beauty. Clearly the Peacock is just hideous, with the real wood and real leather, and especially the part that's plated with actual gold. I just hope that dude never visits the Sistine Chapel, he would hate it.
Haha beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) for me though, I don't find it hideous but the one pair that I can't take my eyes off of is My Clear MGs. And Klipsch HP-3s is the other.

Happy listening :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back