NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Oct 28, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #257 of 322
Bit off topic, I'm just lurking, I have not heard the Peacock, but I am a proud owner of the Aiva! Just got the Rognir on tour (4K$), and for me the Aiva is far more enjoyable. The way it presents the music is amazing.

Want to upgrade to the peacock, but if it ain't broke, why fix it? Has anyone owned both cans? Can you give a down and dirty appraisal of the 2? Thanks in advance.

Oct 28, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #258 of 322
Have both at home right now. If you like the aiva very much, the Peacock might not be your cup of tea, because it's very different.

The aiva got more treble energy with huge amount of treble boost past 13-15k or so, which makes noise/track problems become very present.

The soundstage is relative narrow, like hd600 or zmf auteur and voices therefore really intimate. It lacks bass quantity (but not punch), so it doesn't make songs big&lush in my opinion.

The only hope that you may like it after all are 4 key things.

1. Somehow it got the sendy audio Signature dispite being different, because the overall balance of sound is good
2. Everything sounds much more refined and mature
3. Even though the aiva got more treble energy, it presents less details and voices are still very present and intimate in another way
4. Same headband system, might fit very well again

Sorry, my english is not refined enough to explain it well. Hope that helps anyway 👍😀

Nov 7, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #259 of 322
Today we’re checking out the Peacock on HFN
https://www.headfonia.com/sendy-audio-peacock-review/

chrome_2021-11-07_09-59-56.png

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #260 of 322
Got over the symdrome of a new toy, the Sendy Audio Peacock will go back. My music doesn't touch me enough with the Peacock. At first I was impressed by the strengths of the Peacock, which were sufficiently described in the thread. But something is missing. With the Beyerdynamic T1.3 I am on stage, with the Peacock I sit with the audience, but the Peacock doesn't sound clear enough for that. Would have liked to keep the beautiful headphones, which sit comfortably on the head despite their weight.

Nov 8, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #261 of 322
Got over the symdrome of a new toy, the Sendy Audio Peacock will go back. My music doesn't touch me enough with the Peacock. At first I was impressed by the strengths of the Peacock, which were sufficiently described in the thread. But something is missing. With the Beyerdynamic T1.3 I am on stage, with the Peacock I sit with the audience, but the Peacock doesn't sound clear enough for that. Would have liked to keep the beautiful headphones, which sit comfortably on the head despite their weight.
Better for my wallet... After your initial words, I was tempted to try these headphones (and, as you know, I have a list available of others that are desirable for me...).

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #263 of 322
So, i'm still immensely enjoying the Peacock and trying them out with different gear. They sound excellent on everything that can adequately drive them but recently i tried them with my SMSL SP200 which otherwise is mostly collecting dust and the result was a very nice surprise. The SP200 is a bit too lifeless for my taste with most headphones, but the synergy with the Peacock especially in regards to detail and clarity is excellent. Apparently a 'gain on a wire' with maximum transparency complements a headphone like this (with a distinct signature and spades of musicality) quite well.

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #265 of 322
So, i'm still immensely enjoying the Peacock and trying them out with different gear. They sound excellent on everything that can adequately drive them but recently i tried them with my SMSL SP200 which otherwise is mostly collecting dust and the result was a very nice surprise. The SP200 is a bit too lifeless for my taste with most headphones, but the synergy with the Peacock especially in regards to detail and clarity is excellent. Apparently a 'gain on a wire' with maximum transparency complements a headphone like this (with a distinct signature and spades of musicality) quite well.
Still loving mine too! Soon I will be able to compare it to the Hifiman Edition XS and Ambrosia Maple Auteur.

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #266 of 322
Still loving mine too! Soon I will be able to compare it to the Hifiman Edition XS and Ambrosia Maple Auteur.
Nice. Accidentally, i should receive an Edition XS some time in the next two weeks, too...

Dec 15, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #269 of 322
Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #270 of 322
Since I'm wearing them right now, I think it is fair to mention that I like the SIVGA / Sendy Audio Peacock Headphones! I made a full video with my usual funny style, background music, and personal info!

I hope the video is fun to watch, and don't forget, you're on my YT channel to smile and have some fun~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back