NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Sep 27, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #181 of 322
You stated that the Treble is recessed and the vocal presentation is also, recessed.

So, would you say that the vocals are recessed due to the recessed Treble, or due to the laid back midrange ?????, as something has to account for """"recessed vocals""", as you are not describing a "V" shaped headphone sound.
In fact, you described the P-Koks treble as recessed and the bass as not being punchy or detailed or of sufficient size.
So, all that remains, is a midrange toned headphone with recessed vocals......
Yet, the Peacock reviews are GLOWING like fireflies over a Autumn field.
Does this mean that ZEOS Reviews has nailed it again?>... as he loves the Peacock........

How would you explain this???

Anyone?

How is "recessed vocals and rolled off treble" a "great" headphone?

I'll probably buy the Peacock, but, the reviews are interesting to say the least. :)
Most vocals do not sound recessed at all to my ears. If you look at the frequency response, these have a little elevation between 900hz and 2K. I actually find most vocals slightly forward, which I really like. These do have a dip in the upper mids/lower treble, so higher-pitched female vocals could sound a little recessed, as well as brass instruments, etc. Of course all of this depends on the mix and master. These do not have recessed treble either, but it is not artificially elevated anywhere. The treble tracks fairly close to Harman.

Sep 27, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #182 of 322
By the way, I just upgraded my Modius to a Musician’s Audio Pegasus R2R DAC. This is the first DAC I’ve ever owned that is not delta-sigma. And well, count me in as a believer that DAC’s make a difference, and that I absolutely love the sound of a well-made R2R!

If I had this DAC when I was constructing my review, it would have been different and filled with even more praise. I now know that the Modius was holding these back. These are very punchy and detailed with the Pegasus. There is no softness or sponginess with the mid bass anymore either. I already loved these, but now I love them even more.

I have no idea how R2R DAC’s do what they do, but they absolutely remove that “digital glare” that some delta-sigma’s can introduce. My problem now is that everything sounds so damn good, I keep turning up the volume. I’ve got to be careful or I’m going to damage my hearing.

Anyway, my new chain is Singxer SA-1 —> Pegasus —> badass Peacock = 😀

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #183 of 322
You stated that the Treble is recessed and the vocal presentation is also, recessed.

So, would you say that the vocals are recessed due to the recessed Treble, or due to the laid back midrange ?????, as something has to account for """"recessed vocals""", as you are not describing a "V" shaped headphone sound.
In fact, you described the P-Koks treble as recessed and the bass as not being punchy or detailed or of sufficient size.
So, all that remains, is a midrange toned headphone with recessed vocals......
Yet, the Peacock reviews are GLOWING like fireflies over a Autumn field.
Does this mean that ZEOS Reviews has nailed it again?>... as he loves the Peacock........

How would you explain this???

Anyone?

How is "recessed vocals and rolled off treble" a "great" headphone?

I'll probably buy the Peacock, but, the reviews are interesting to say the least. :)

Alright, i will try to explain, maybe i need to deep dive a bit further, before getting to those points

- for example, the LCD-2 with EQ is a fantastic headphone and delivers one of the best price/performance under 1000€, rich bass, "clear" details, and very "clean" sounding
- The HD800S with EQ has far superior detail retrieval compared to the LCD-2 with the same FR Target on my head, but it's pushed forward too much and gets fatiguing
- The ZMF Auteur with Bass enhancement + pushed Treble after 6K via EQ is smoother sounding than the HD800S or LCD-2, but also losing details as a whole but also in clarity and not as clean sounding as the LCD-2

The Peacock on the other hand delivers somewhere around the same "detail retrieval" as the HD800s, maybe 1-2 steps behind with less treble energy without ever being stressful, but losing clarity because it doesn't hit the harman target curve like the HD800S with EQ or the LCD-2 with same target curve. So it archives the wonderful thing to be almost as detailed as the HD800S, but being almost as smooth as the Auteur just losing some clarity over the LCD-2 with EQ because of the recessed treble and a dip around the mid/mid upper range.

This is why vocals are less clear, even though you can hear more nuances still being recessed sounding and not losing against the music itself. If you EQ the dip and treble area a bit, it's up there with the HD800S, Hifiman when it comes to detail retrieval, but still sounding smooth and not harsh. I'm pretty treble sensitive and don't like harsh or incredibly fatiguing presentations.

The amount of Bass from the Peacock, well, I like a lot of basses, which is why I prefer the Harman target curve, some people don't. So it's my preference to find it not sufficient for my taste, yet it's very enjoyable the way it is because of the quality. If i apply the xBass from the Ifi Signature via EQ, the amount of bass and slam&punch overpower the LCD-2 in all 3 areas. Sorry for not making it very clear, i was talking mainly about the peacock without any EQ applied :beerchug:

I like the Peacock because it got the presentation features from a couple of headphones. Smoothness of the ZMF Auteur, the Tallness sound of the Arya/1000V2, detail retrieval and big soundstage of the HD800s. While the Peacock doesn't reach the same quality in those areas as said cans, it very well combines those things i love in just 1 can. Incredible achievement in my eyes.

Regardless of the price, the Peacock is the very best so far I've heard.

PS My girlfriend told me, that the LCD-2 with EQ has more clarity in voices, but everything else on the peacock is leagues ahead, way bigger and that it sounds way more musical, whatever that means. That was her super short mini version of a review :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #184 of 322
but iFi xBass is very well done and it is very addictive.

Thanks! It took us a while to get it right in the analog domain, but we're extremely happy with our xBass now.

Dislikes: Focal Utopia (EQ), Focal Clear (EQ), Hifiman Arya (EQ)
Middleground: Hifiman 1000V2, ZMF Verite
Likes: ZMF Auteur (Low Shelf Bass, slight treble enhancement), LCD-2 (EQ), Susvara, HD800S (EQ), Stax SR-L500 MKII (EQ)

This list would tell us that you value music more than crazy details then :sunglasses:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 28, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #185 of 322
Hi cleg,
Thanks for another very good review. I always liked your accent.
I like Ananda but I always want a little more punch and slam out them. And the soundstage has more height than width.

Do you think Peacok is technically better than Ananda? What I mean is when I compared Ananda with LCDX recently, while the soundstage is wider on Ananda the instruments separation in busy tracks is better on LCDX.

For me, the main difference is in representation. I enjoy the sound of Peacock more, it's less highlighting small nuances and that sounds more natural for me. But if you need neutral representation, focus on micro-contrast, wider stage — Peacock won't be an upgrade for you

Sep 28, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #186 of 322
Most vocals do not sound recessed at all to my ears. If you look at the frequency response, these have a little elevation between 900hz and 2K. I actually find most vocals slightly forward, which I really like. These do have a dip in the upper mids/lower treble, so higher-pitched female vocals could sound a little recessed, as well as brass instruments, etc. Of course all of this depends on the mix and master. These do not have recessed treble either, but it is not artificially elevated anywhere. The treble tracks fairly close to Harman.

Ok then.
Well, at least 2 members believe that the treble is recessed...
Ive not read all the replies.......
Zeos said that the tonality is rich, leaning toward a full sound, that is not bright....
You say the Treble is not recessed, which is good.
Treble helps midrange clarity, so, recessed Treble gives the impression of more mids, which can be a good thing, if we are talking about the Avantone's.

In the case of a $1500 USD set of headphones, i do need them to not have any glaring FR issues...
So, at some point, i'll join you and own these.
Should be fun.
Thx.

fb1

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #188 of 322
Ok then.
Well, at least 2 members believe that the treble is recessed...
Ive not read all the replies.......
Zeos said that the tonality is rich, leaning toward a full sound, that is not bright....
You say the Treble is not recessed, which is good.
Treble helps midrange clarity, so, recessed Treble gives the impression of more mids, which can be a good thing, if we are talking about the Avantone's.

In the case of a $1500 USD set of headphones, i do need them to not have any glaring FR issues...
So, at some point, i'll join you and own these.
Should be fun.
Thx.

fb1
The mid and upper treble is not recessed compared to Harman. The upper mids and lower treble is recessed compared to Harman. The mid and upper treble would be considered recessed compared to Utopia, HEK series, Abyss TC, most Beyerdynamics, hd800/800S, most Ultrasone, Susvara, etc.

So depending on your reference and since everything is relative,
I can see where the Peacock treble could be considered recessed. But as someone who is treble sensitive, most high end/flagship headphones are too shouty/bright/metallic/etched for my ears.

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #190 of 322
The mid and upper treble is not recessed compared to Harman. The upper mids and lower treble is recessed compared to Harman. The mid and upper treble would be considered recessed compared to Utopia, HEK series, Abyss TC, most Beyerdynamics, hd800/800S, most Ultrasone, Susvara, etc.

So depending on your reference and since everything is relative,
I can see where the Peacock treble could be considered recessed. But as someone who is treble sensitive, most high end/flagship headphones are too shouty/bright/metallic/etched for my ears.

Im Treble sensitive, yet, i have no issue with the HEKSE.
The Utopia is a bit shouty, but, its still a grt headphone(s).
All Grados are shouty, but, i do enjoy the Hemp and the recent, SR325 X

So, in the final analysis, FR presentation, is not a Graph, and every set of ears has to discover the truth.

I think the P-Kok is a very attractive design.
And, based on the reviews ive watched, and have now read, and after reading you carefully, i feel that the gear is a soft presentation, quite full, and what could be considered, "laid back", vs, sounding anything like the Audeze or Hifiman "house sound".

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #191 of 322
Here is a picture of Crinnacle’s measurements. Take this with a grain salt, as I don’t know his measuring rig, but he is a fairly objective audio enthusiast. But you can see that the mid and upper treble tracks very close to Harman and is not recessed at all. Tap on the image to get the full view.

Attachments

• 4A0E2D24-25AA-47E2-B190-673AEA25D4C9.png
    4A0E2D24-25AA-47E2-B190-673AEA25D4C9.png
    964.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #192 of 322
Here is a picture of Crinnacle’s measurements. Take this with a grain salt, as I don’t know his measuring rig, but he is a fairly objective audio enthusiast. But you can see that the mid and upper treble tracks very close to Harman and is not recessed at all. Tap on the image to get the full view.

Thank you.

Oct 1, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #193 of 322
In the mid of autumn, we find a headphone that will bring warmth to all of us, a flagship that's as sweet and musicalk as it is punchy and dynamic. The Peacock from Sendy Audio Headphones & SIVGA is as flashy as it sounds good!

This one is a proper flagship, comes with balanced cables, has great comfort and I'm happy to say it has been the headphone I used the most for the past few weeks, ever since I received it ~

I have tried my best to provide a full in-depth written review, with comparisons, pairings, and everything I thought you may find helpful and useful about them. If you have more questions, please leave a comment, I'm always around to help~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/10/sendy-audio-peacock-flagship-of-music.html

Sendy-Audio-Peacock-Headphones-Planar-Magnetic-Flagship-China-Over-The-Ear-Review-Audiophile-H...jpg

Oct 3, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #194 of 322
Hi everyone,

since there is no EQ Profile from oratory for the Sendy Audio Peacock, i'm about to send them over for measurement and creating an eq profile. It should take about 4-6 weeks or so, before the EQ profile gets online. He is living in a nearby country :beerchug:

If anyone is interested to share the transfer cost with me, you are free to contact me, if you want to. Otherwise i pay it out of my own pocket and hope that you are going to enjoy the eq profile with your peacock in the near future! :darthsmile:

I still enjoy the peacock very much, super happy with it every single time i put them on. That's when i know, this is the one. Have a nice sunday.

Oct 8, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #195 of 322
PS My girlfriend told me, that the LCD-2 with EQ has more clarity in voices, but everything else on the peacock is leagues ahead, way bigger and that it sounds way more musical, whatever that means. That was her super short mini version of a review :darthsmile:
The LCD2 is a mid forward sound.
So, if the P-Kok has too much upper bass this could be why the (vocals) are not distinct in a set of headphones that you "hear" as nearly as treble forward as the HD800s's which also have slightly recessed midrange.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back