NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Aug 31, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #151 of 322
I won't bother trying these as I don't have the interest.

With qualifiers that they can't and don't want to compete with an Abyss or Susvara, how did you feel these compared to the HEDD?

Both the HEDD and LCD-R (spread price point of 'mid-fi') compete with all of the big boys Abyss, Susvara, 009, etc and both are hampered by truly terrible comfort.
I agree with @Uebelkraehe with the comparison between the Peacock and HEDDphone. The HEDDphone is technically better, more detailed and revealing. It is also less forgiving and just not as enjoyable a listen. Also the HEDDphone can't stage like the Peacock and doesn't sound as open. The HEDDphone also does not have the last word on bass quality.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #152 of 322
Unfortunately I sent my Peacock back today because my Verite Closed arrived yesterday, which I ordered 3 months ago :)

Nevertheless, I can recommend everyone to give these headphones a try, wonderful Cans!

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #153 of 322
Unfortunately I sent my Peacock back today because my Verite Closed arrived yesterday, which I ordered 3 months ago :)

Nevertheless, I can recommend everyone to give these headphones a try, wonderful Cans!
Regrettable but understandable. I'll also have to clean up my collection, HEDD + Peacock and the DT 880 Pro for gaming are enough (at least considering my budget) as far as over-ears are concerned.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #154 of 322
Owners of the Peacock, I have a song you need to listen to. It's called, "Immortality", by the band Seether, from their album, "One Cold Night Live".

It doesn't just sound good, it sounds so wide and spread out, you'd think it was a binaural recording. The staging that these are capable of is intoxicating. I have honestly been using these more the last 2 days than my Verite...new toy syndrome I'm sure.

I know Zeos hypes things up too much and too often, but these are no Goldplanar GL2000's. These are much much better. For their price/performance, they deserve the hype. Especially if you add in the build quality and comfort as well.

Honestly if DMS does a full review and pans them, I will unsubscribe from his channel. Obviously he's entitled to his opinion. But if he hates these, then we'd be so far apart on our sonic preferences, that it would render his opinion worthless to me.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #155 of 322
Thanks to Claire and Wilson at Jaben Singapore!

Just started listening to some Thai acoustic vocals on Apple Music on the DX312. Volume 40 on high gain. NOS digital filter.

Initial impressions: this is actually very nice to listen to. Definitely not a analytical soulless sound signature. Nice bass. Good timbre on guitar strumming and plucking. Seems to be realistic soundstaging for the intimate setting. Immersive. :)

Early days yet. Will looking forward to more of this.

382D9167-B8D9-442F-AF9F-AF25EDCF4FB2.jpeg
23F22990-DC64-4087-A0CB-3FD83B422F30.jpeg
3B9F8B0D-18A7-49C6-B051-F4F7D669A7EB.jpeg
4DF8D3BA-BE5E-4DC1-BDA1-BD8CDCF1B2D5.jpeg

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #156 of 322
Honestly if DMS does a full review and pans them, I will unsubscribe from his channel. Obviously he's entitled to his opinion. But if he hates these, then we'd be so far apart on our sonic preferences, that it would render his opinion worthless to me.
I can understand if their tuning isn't to someone's taste, but if they simply summarily pan them, i'm not very much interested in their opinion any more, either.

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #158 of 322
ROFL, apparently Resolve did 'summarily pan' them on a recent livestream. Will have to modify my view of him from "solid process though i don't always agree with his results" to "solid process, unfortunately doesn't matter as i don't care about his taste".

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #159 of 322

Also ordered Verite Closed about 2 months ago after returning Eikons due to a mechanical issue. Looks like I have at least another month to wait. In the meantime would love to hear your initial impressions of the VC versus Peakcocks.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #160 of 322
ROFL, apparently Resolve did 'summarily pan' them on a recent livestream. Will have to modify my view of him from "solid process though i don't always agree with his results" to "solid process, unfortunately doesn't matter as i don't care about his taste".
Just from the few impressions I've read about these, I knew Resolve wouldn't like them. He has very particular tastes.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #161 of 322
Taking the Peacock out for a spin the Shanling M30. Turbo gain, transistor output at volume level 25. Nice lazy Saturday morning listening. )

68CF8DDE-F0CB-4226-87EB-BB0731DC8A86.jpeg

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #162 of 322
Just from the few impressions I've read about these, I knew Resolve wouldn't like them. He has very particular tastes.
Agreed, not really a surprise after all, but nominating these for "worst performing in their price range" is the kind of categorical bs that makes me ignore reviewers.

Sep 4, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #163 of 322
Agreed, not really a surprise after all, but nominating these for "worst performing in their price range" is the kind of categorical bs that makes me ignore reviewers.
Man I just gone through that 1h long streaming video and he should have at least given a chance to trying another set before concluding that.
These reviewers....sigh!!!!

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #165 of 322
I ordered these from MusicTeck after reading some reviews and skimming this thread. I am very excited to receive them on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back