new Pioneer flagship? SE-MJ591
Dec 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #47 of 49
Quote:
So then the lower end model actually sounds more balanced and better? I didn't know manufactures did such thing. 

I don't know if they meant to do that per se, but I personally found the SE-A1000 to be much more competent across the board SQ-wise.  Oh, it's also worth noting that they are from two different lines.  Pioneer's SE-MJ*** stuff is usually more consumer oriented I think.  Whereas their SE-A**** stuff is more of a prosumer thing I think.

Quote:
How do the HDJ500/1000/1500 compare? 

I'm at a loss there, and I haven't owned any of those.  HiFiGuy528 (I think he's somewhere in this thread) really likes the HDJ-2000 though.

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #48 of 49
Pioneer hasn't had any really, really good headphones in a long time. I doubt they'll start again anytime soon.

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #49 of 49
Quote:
Pioneer hasn't had any really, really good headphones in a long time. I doubt they'll start again anytime soon.

I still have great faith in them though.  I think they could have some world class headphones if they really tried.  The problem here is that Pioneer HQ in Japan seems to be a bit stagnant (as many Japanese corporations are these days).  They need to start letting some of their regional divisions (U.S., Europe) exercise their creativity a little more in coming up with exciting new products... but that's just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back