[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jun 4, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #5,506 of 5,962
Yeah, took me weeks to decide upon the parts for my new pc, at least I know my around pc parts. But then I decided to enter this world, damn, another few weeks of researching and deciding. Then I just made the decision and ordered, I feeld like a burden has lifted from my shoulders :)

Jun 4, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #5,507 of 5,962
  Yeah, took me weeks to decide upon the parts for my new pc, at least I know my around pc parts. But then I decided to enter this world, damn, another few weeks of researching and deciding. Then I just made the decision and ordered, I feeld like a burden has lifted from my shoulders :)

Haha, yeah, took me a few weeks to decided what I wanted in my PC too. Wasn't a great time either so I ended up purchasing my parts over several months to mine for the best deals. I did most of my purchasing in the November/December time to cash in on all the black friday and holiday deals though I had my parts picked out maybe like early October. I wouldn't say I'm well-versed in the audio game, definitely still learning the ropes and getting new experiences when I can, but at least I'm not a complete noob anymore
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #5,508 of 5,962
Yeah, but sometimes doing some research pays off larger. For example I put my PC together myself long time ago, I think 9years ago at least, and I`m still happily running @ my E6750 overclocked without any problems. Only thing I have done some years ago, was selling GPU since I didn`t play games anymore.
Same goes for audio gear. I did quite a lot of reading and thinking what I want and succeeded with my own wishes and purchases.
Now sitting @ Aune T1 as desktop rig and DX50 as DAP, couldn`t wish for more, especially for the money I spent.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #5,509 of 5,962
Hi Guys,

After an a very long “hunting” for a really good headphone i have finally found The One. I owned so many brands incl. Beyerdynamic T50p, Sennheiser HD8 DJ / Amperior / HD 25 Aluminium, V-moda M100 / XS, Bang & Olufsen H6, Bowers Wilkins P5 / P7, Sennheiser Momentum Over / On-ear, Focal Spirit Professional, AKG K550 / Q701 / K267 Tiesto, Pioneer HDJ 2000… etc etc…
Most of the headphones above sounded crap or muddy compare to my new Philips Fidelio X1. The Philips has very fast bass and amazing details even at the lower volume levels.
I also have a Sennheiser HD 25 Adidas which is my all-time-favourite, but the X1 has more spacious with less aggressive sound signature. Tho’ i still prefer my HD 25 as a studio or mixing headphones.

Anyway, i got very excited about the X1 and got curious how would a X2 perform?

Am i gonna lose the bass if i buy a X2?
I heard that the X2 has less bass but more treble and to be honest the X1’s treble is just enough to me.

I got my X1 for a very good price and just not sure if the X2 worths the twice as much money... What do you think?

Thanks for your advice!

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #5,510 of 5,962
* X2 should have littlebit less soundstage depth towards front from what I have read.
* With neutral/cold source gear X1 can sound pretty well balanced and bass gets "pulled back" littlebit... making it close sounding to X2.
* X2 has less bass, more balanced and thus more present/detailed highs.
* if You have problems with headband size and comfort with X1 then X2 can solve those issues
* X1 stock cable might have too large impedance, measure it and if it`s over 1Ohm, change it.

Haven`t heard X2 yet but personally I think X2 isn`t worth that extra money vs. X1 price/SQ ...just my subjective opinion.

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #5,512 of 5,962
Thanks for your comment.

I really like the sound of the X1, but you know i am never satisfied completely... :)
I have had a AKG K550 and a Q701 but the highs were to much and those cans didnt have bass at all. (Especially the Q710 / K701)

I tried my Fidelio X1 it with a different (V-Moda) cable, but prefered its original cord. So maybe i wouldnt like the X2 less bassy but more "ear piercing" highs...

Price wise i got mine approx. 140-150 dollars and a new or second hand X2 is about 250-300 or more. So basically that cost the double. I don't think i will risk it then. Maybe i will buy a 2nd pair for my girlfriend instead. :D

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #5,514 of 5,962
  Thanks for your comment.

I really like the sound of the X1, but you know i am never satisfied completely... :)
I have had a AKG K550 and a Q701 but the highs were to much and those cans didnt have bass at all. (Especially the Q710 / K701)

I tried my Fidelio X1 it with a different (V-Moda) cable, but prefered its original cord. So maybe i wouldnt like the X2 less bassy but more "ear piercing" highs...

Price wise i got mine approx. 140-150 dollars and a new or second hand X2 is about 250-300 or more. So basically that cost the double. I don't think i will risk it then. Maybe i will buy a 2nd pair for my girlfriend instead. :D

The X2 is a more refined X1 and is worth the money if you feel like upgrading.

I went from the X1 to the X2 and have been thoroughly satisfied the whole way. I do like the X2 more now

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #5,515 of 5,962
  Thanks for your comment.

That's the way to do it haha. My friend asked for a recommendation for a nice headphone to finally get into the audio game and since I have the X1 and HD600, I told him to get a set of the Massdrop K7XXs so I'd be able to try them out haha
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #5,517 of 5,962
I got the anker 3.5 on amazon and they worked well for $5 shipped. It really makes a minute difference. 

___

Just curious if anyone with the sock mod had the ink blotching issue that some have. Is that a rare defect or fairly normal? 

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #5,518 of 5,962
  I got the anker 3.5 on amazon and they worked well for $5 shipped. It really makes a minute difference. 

___

Just curious if anyone with the sock mod had the ink blotching issue that some have. Is that a rare defect or fairly normal? 

To me, the cable makes enough of a difference (for the good) to get a cheap replacement. It can mean different things to different people; for the most part I get cables for convenience in length, but this was a nice little surprise when I got one for this can. Also, I'd bet the ink issue is more on the rare side. Mine don't bleed and I think most other people who have these don't have bleed either.

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #5,520 of 5,962
  hi
i am very new to this sorry for asking 
what is "bleed"?

thanks

Some people got X1s and X2s with earpads that would "bleed" dye. As in if you put the earpads on something like a white paper towel over night, the next morning you would see an ink stain on the paper towel. That's the dye from the pads. That's what "bleed" is in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back