[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jun 8, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #5,537 of 5,962
You can brake the pin(s) if incorrect tool + incorrect "pulling/twisting" method and over-strength is being used.
It needs calm mind, littlebit thinking and patience
wink.gif
 But the profit of it done is definitely worth it imho.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #5,538 of 5,962
Darn their glue! Too bad they felt the need to do that. I don't understand it, from what you've posted, it looks like a standard clip-type system, but they just had to add glue for some strange reason. Luckily, I'm pretty happy with mine and my pads aren't really getting dirty.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #5,539 of 5,962
It is typical hot-glue... usually it "pops" open when something thin and hard is pushed beneath the edge of the glue. 
To get to that "edge" in case of X1 takes some patience. Once You get it "pop" from one place, gently go along the circle and "pop open" the rest of the glue. If glue is open then use thin-tipped pliers (gently!) to help pins to "pop off" for the first time. After that pads should on/off easily.

Jun 9, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #5,541 of 5,962
Btw where to buy the correct pad size ?

X2 pads should fit 1:1 but not 100% sure. No-one who has both haven`t tried yet. DT-880 velours should fit and if I`m not wrong, then HM5 also.

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #5,542 of 5,962
Every once in a while I toss these on and I get kinda surprised by how well they can compete with more expensive stuff.

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #5,543 of 5,962
I just bought a pair from Amazon and so far I'm really impressed with the sound quality. They sound really good straight from my iPhone 5s and iPad mini 2, but they really shine when plugged into my Fostex HP-A4; the bass gets a bit more loose and punchier while maintaining the detail, mids doesn't seem to be really affected by the added coloration of the Fostex amp. I find the combo incredible for EDM or heavy bass music but yeah, I'm kind of a basshead. I put the Fidelio X1 up there with my Denon D5000 in both build and sound quality, specially in the bass region of course. Even though I feel the bass on the Denon goes even deeper.

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #5,544 of 5,962
I just bought a pair from Amazon and so far I'm really impressed with the sound quality. They sound really good straight from my iPhone 5s and iPad mini 2, but they really shine when plugged into my Fostex HP-A4; the bass gets a bit more loose and punchier while maintaining the detail, mids doesn't seem to be really affected by the added coloration of the Fostex amp. I find the combo incredible for EDM or heavy bass music but yeah, I'm kind of a basshead. I put the Fidelio X1 up there with my Denon D5000 in both build and sound quality, specially in the bass region of course. Even though I feel the bass on the Denon goes even deeper.

Indeed they're very good for EDM. It puts out some very rich bass. Are you using it with the massive stock cable? I heard a slight difference in bass control and overall clarity after swapping in a new cable. Mostly I got a new cable cuz I didn't want a large bundle of cords; I realistically need like 3ft of the 10ft cord haha.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #5,545 of 5,962

Indeed they're very good for EDM. It puts out some very rich bass. Are you using it with the massive stock cable? I heard a slight difference in bass control and overall clarity after swapping in a new cable. Mostly I got a new cable cuz I didn't want a large bundle of cords; I realistically need like 3ft of the 10ft cord haha.

The stock cable on the X1 was awful. It's not internet rumor or anything, I swapped it out just with my V-MODA cable I had sitting around and the difference was STARK. 

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #5,546 of 5,962

The stock cable on the X1 was awful. It's not internet rumor or anything, I swapped it out just with my V-MODA cable I had sitting around and the difference was STARK. 

Honestly, I barely had the X1 for a day before I swapped the cable out. Didn't listen to it much with the stock cable and I don't really intend to now haha.

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #5,547 of 5,962

Nope, I haven't even tried the stock cable. I'm using the one that came with the beats studio 2.0. I'm glad the X1 comes with a standard 3.5mm jack so you can easily replace the cable with a better one.

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #5,548 of 5,962
Nope, I haven't even tried the stock cable. I'm using the one that came with the beats studio 2.0. I'm glad the X1 comes with a standard 3.5mm jack so you can easily replace the cable with a better one.

Yup, you don't need to try the stock one then haha. The build is good, the quality not so much. Plus, it would need a massive adapter on one end if you're using it with something that's only 3.5mm out like me.

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #5,549 of 5,962

I'm in the same predicament.
Looking to buy a replacement cable.
Looked around & saw that cables can go up to the $hundreds!

Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To Male Stereo Audio Cable (4 Feet) - Tangle-Resistant, a $5 cable

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B00S1OHFW8/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1434213752&sr=1-5&keywords=3.5mm+Male+To+Male+Stereo+Audio+Cable+%284+Feet%29+by+Mediabridge+-+Tangle-Resistant+-+Step+Down+Design

The V-Moda has a $12.00 cable.
http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

In-akustik Star Series, a $15 cable
http://www.amazon.com/-akustik-003101015-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B003E674VK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1434751852&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=In-akustik+Star+Series+MP3+Stereo+Extension+Audio+Cable3.5mm+Male+To+Male+Stereo+Audio+Cable

Would the more expensive cables make a difference from the cheaper $5 one?
What are the specs to look in them that will specifically improve the sound of the X1?

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #5,550 of 5,962
Get cable with under 1 Ohm impedance and You`ll be set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back