[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jun 7, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #5,522 of 5,962

To me, the cable makes enough of a difference (for the good) to get a cheap replacement. It can mean different things to different people; for the most part I get cables for convenience in length, but this was a nice little surprise when I got one for this can. Also, I'd bet the ink issue is more on the rare side. Mine don't bleed and I think most other people who have these don't have bleed either.

Good to know. Do you think that by putting on the sock mod, it would prevent this issue from taking place at all.  Or does it not really matter either way? Also anyone have any us based retailer that sells a comfy sock that can be used for the sock mod. Like is there one type that people really like. Thanks

Jun 7, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #5,523 of 5,962
  Good to know. Do you think that by putting on the sock mod, it would prevent this issue from taking place at all.  Or does it not really matter either way? Also anyone have any us based retailer that sells a comfy sock that can be used for the sock mod. Like is there one type that people really like. Thanks

Well, if it bleeds, then it bleeds. The sock mod doesn't prevent it, it simply puts something between you and the pads to soak up the ink. At least, that's how I see it. But it could be a more comfortable solution; not something I've got experience with. Frankly I think they're already super comfortable.

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #5,524 of 5,962
Just remove X1 pads and wash them if they have ink bleed problem 
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #5,525 of 5,962
Just remove X1 pads and wash them if they have ink bleed problem :wink:
Sorry, haven't been in this thread for a while, so if this has been answered, then more fool me, however, would love to clean my X1 pads (lots of lint on them) but isn't that why the X1 were panned, that you cannot remove the pads!?

Like I say, if I'm wrong, I apologise...

Jun 7, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #5,527 of 5,962
Guys, read the thread (and use thread search if needed), I have repeated myself enough on this subject 
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #5,529 of 5,962
http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/4965#post_10901529

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #5,530 of 5,962
I ripped out the pads and placed stockings over the plastic then closed them back.. the X1 finally fit me and they sound good. This flat pad mod makes them sound mid-ish but intimate.

Trying to figure out what genre of music they would suit now :) I will post pics soon.

The mod:

I'm having a blast with these now... really pleasing forward thick sound. Techno with tight sub kicks sound incredible.

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #5,531 of 5,962
  I ripped out the pads and placed stockings over the plastic then closed them back.. the X1 finally fit me and they sound good. This flat pad mod makes them sound mid-ish but intimate.

Trying to figure out what genre of music they would suit now :) I will post pics soon.

The mod:

I'm having a blast with these now... really pleasing forward thick sound. Techno with tight sub kicks sound incredible.

I can't imagine that is very comfortable.

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #5,533 of 5,962
...was really put off by the fact I couldn't remove the earpads easily.

Remove once and every next removal/install will be click & done! 
wink.gif

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #5,535 of 5,962

The mod:

Imo, there still should be somekind of pads. Tried them without any pads and I wasn`t impressed... guess it`s about taste
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back