[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Apr 15, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #4,276 of 5,962
Couple of questions:

1. Do you guys know where I can demo them in LA/OC?
2. I know Amazon sold them for $150 new in Jan.  Is there anywhere I can get these for under $200 new?  I've searched quite a bit and Amazon seems to have them the cheapest at $232.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #4,277 of 5,962
  Couple of questions:

1. Do you guys know where I can demo them in LA/OC?
2. I know Amazon sold them for $150 new in Jan.  Is there anywhere I can get these for under $200 new?  I've searched quite a bit and Amazon seems to have them the cheapest at $232.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-X1-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/product/B00B3QD94O?context=browse

Amazon Warehouse deals. The headphones are often actually not even used and are new in box. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #4,278 of 5,962
  http://camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-X1-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/product/B00B3QD94O?context=browse

Amazon Warehouse deals. The headphones are often actually not even used and are new in box. 

Yeah, I've been tracking them on Camelcamelcamel also.  They're at $213 for open box right now.  But I'm looking for under $200 :wink:

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #4,279 of 5,962

Yeah, I've been tracking them on Camelcamelcamel also.  They're at $213 for open box right now.  But I'm looking for under $200 :wink:

Patience is the key 
k701smile.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #4,280 of 5,962
Are they still manufacturing those atm? Or is it all out there on the sale and no additional production? Since those cans are quite special in it`s own way (soundwise & design) then price on these might be actually rising in future? Especially with all those positive reviews from both - audiophile & fun listening/gaming sides. Just thinking out loud...

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #4,281 of 5,962
People complain about these bring just over 200 bucks... Gee, I paid over 300 for these and it was the cheapest option I found...:xf_eek:

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #4,282 of 5,962
Btw, did a little quick tube roll on my Aune T1 and I find JAN Sylvania 6922 green label to be pretty good tube for rock/metal/progressive. For example, I like this tube more with those genres than my beloved Ultron SQ PCC189 (which is very similar to Amperex 6DJ8 GAC) paired with my heavily modded HD-681. It`s actually little weird because with HD-681 I like this JAN Sylvania 6922 with vocal filled EDM/electronic atmospheric music due to little emphasis on mids and fowardness of vocals while retaining large soundstage. Since X1`s are not so analytical cans, it`s actually harder to make difference between tubes but I can confirm that it still makes noticeable difference. I still have to roll ~65 tubes with X1 but I hope it`s already somewhat useful info for those who think X1 not performing well with rock/progressive/metal - lot depends on gear used to feed it. And noting once more - I`m using +10dB gain since I find it to firm up bass and make things clearer/punchier + also custom lower impedance cable that also makes sound little tighter and clearer (it`s not placebo).

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #4,283 of 5,962

There are some used on our for sale board for around $200..................

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #4,284 of 5,962
People complain about these bring just over 200 bucks... Gee, I paid over 300 for these and it was the cheapest option I found...
redface.gif

I hear you.  I know they're a good deal at $230.  But when they've been recently sold new on Amazon for $150, $230 is hard to swallow.

I know there are some sellers selling them for $200 used on this board, but again, I'm looking for them new for that price.  There have been a few that have sold for under $200 on eBay, but none are available right now, and my ears are itchin'! 
tongue_smile.gif

In the meantime, is there anyplace I can go to audition these in So Cal?

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #4,285 of 5,962
I hear you.  I know they're a good deal at $230.  But when they've been recently sold new on Amazon for $150, $230 is hard to swallow.

I know there are some sellers selling them for $200 used on this board, but again, I'm looking for them new for that price.  There have been a few that have sold for under $200 on eBay, but none are available right now, and my ears are itchin'! :tongue_smile:  

In the meantime, is there anyplace I can go to audition these in So Cal?

Amazon Warehouse deals says used but I've seen about 4 headphones that came completely sealed in box, with no signs of use.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #4,286 of 5,962
You can get them at a very good price if you open a wanted thread in the Sales/Trade section at this forum. Last week, I did the same and got sparingly used X1 at AUD150 which included $55 air shipping charges to my country. No harm in trying this route if you are comfortable with a used X1.

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #4,288 of 5,962
Ok Headfier's,

Greetings and a happy Easter to you all.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on these X1's but need some feedback re music Genres.

Some have stated they are an all rounder but I have seen reviews that state the opposite. This will be my 1st open set of headphones so any feedback appreciated. As I get older I find myself playing more laid back material but on a regular basis I still find myself cranking up some Rush and AC/DC from time to time. Particularly after a few Beers/Rums.

Most of the time I'm playing smooth Jazz and Blues, ie Larry Carlton, Al Jareau, Marcus Miller, SRV, Gary Moore and Buddy Guy etc. 

I'm beginning to think that you need a specific headphone for certain genres but if anybody here can comment re my musical tastes and the Fidelio X1's it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #4,290 of 5,962
  i find X1 is great for Jazz or Blues but not good for Rush or AC/DC.

Well that throws a spanner in the works!! Might just have to use my Shure SRH750DJ's for the hard stuff. Gotta admit they have been great headphones for the price. Friggin ugly and uncomfortable though.

Many than thanks for your reply.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back