[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Apr 11, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #5,866 of 5,962
I now understand a low impedance headphone because of this Fidelio X1. I am describing this as simple, less maintenance, easy to use headphone. Simplicity, Philips Fidelio X1.  Now, I like to experience very easy to drive speakers too. By the way, I am looking for a 3.5mm headphone cable replacement. Please suggest. Thank you.

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #5,867 of 5,962
  I now understand a low impedance headphone because of this Fidelio X1. I am describing this as simple, less maintenance, easy to use headphone. Simplicity, Philips Fidelio X1.  Now, I like to experience very easy to drive speakers too. By the way, I am looking for a 3.5mm headphone cable replacement. Please suggest. Thank you.

any cheap cable with impedance less than 1.0 is good enough. seriously dont spend too much for a cable, its not worth it in terms of functionaliy, but if you prefer the looks then its up to you.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #5,869 of 5,962
Apr 15, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #5,872 of 5,962
Fidelio X1 is fun and musical, not analytical. This is an enjoyable headphone. The last time I remember this was with my Grado SR60 - simply enjoyable, very easy to drive and rocking plus its price-best bang for money!

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #5,875 of 5,962

Check out this post for information about different cables for X1: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/4320#post_10475263

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #5,876 of 5,962
I am addicted with this fun sounding headphone just plugged simply from my laptop watching YouTube videos. If I use Dragonfly USB DAC, will the sound elevate further or no more since this is an easy to drive? Please share your experience. TY.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #5,877 of 5,962
I am addicted with this fun sounding headphone just plugged simply from my laptop watching YouTube videos. If I use Dragonfly USB DAC, will the sound elevate further or no more since this is an easy to drive? Please share your experience. TY.

I have the Dragonfly 2.0 and I thought it sounded great with the X1. It's not going to change the sound, but it makes the separation a little cleaner and the soundstage is wider. In all honesty though, I wouldn't call it a night and day difference and if you like the way it sounds, I'd just enjoy it and not worry too much about dacs and or amps.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #5,878 of 5,962

I had my Philips X1 connected to my motherboard(Realtek ALC898) for a while and then bought a Hegel Super DAC/AMP and I think it scaled really well. It also sound great through my Schiit Über-stack. I have also now bought a pair of TH-X00 Purplehearts and its like a closed X1 to me. Its also awesome. :)

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #5,879 of 5,962
  I have the Dragonfly 2.0 and I thought it sounded great with the X1. It's not going to change the sound, but it makes the separation a little cleaner and the soundstage is wider. In all honesty though, I wouldn't call it a night and day difference and if you like the way it sounds, I'd just enjoy it and not worry too much about dacs and or amps.

+1. Though I would also say to maybe just go ahead and test it anyway since the Dragonfly is not, by any definition, hard to set up.

I had my Philips X1 connected to my motherboard(Realtek ALC898) for a while and then bought a Hegel Super DAC/AMP and I think it scaled really well. It also sound great through my Schiit Über-stack. I have also now bought a pair of TH-X00 Purplehearts and its like a closed X1 to me. Its also awesome. :)

Here's my take on why it got better for you: the ALC898 codec isn't great if my ALC892 codec is anything to go by. Felt sort of anemic; things sounded noticeably better to me when I got a Topping D20 and TP30mkII amp to power my headphones instead.

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #5,880 of 5,962
Philips Fidelio X1, the super comfortable headphone I can't put down from my ears. The setup is very simple, headphone is connected from my Motorola Moto X 2014 smartphone, playing instrumental piano. This headphone puts a smile on my face. Good job Philips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back