NEW music player recommendation please
Aug 22, 2010 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

niCe99

Head-Fier
Hi

My sansa clip just died and i am in need of a new player. sorry i havent been up to date with the best players and such.

my only requirements are a nice sounding player, memory is not a problem (atleast 8gb though), small and durable (i use it to workout), relatively cheap (but feel free to recommend any and all other expensive players IF IT IS WORTH IT).

thanks

PS, i am pairing these with Head-Direct RE0 headphones if it matters

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #3 of 12
Very small and nice sounding = Clip or Clip+

Best sound quality and screen = Cowon S9 or J3.

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 12
^Normal people want to be cool, and I don't want to be normal. Normal is uninformed consumerism and product pushes... no thank you.

Improved sound quality; not likely, as iPods aren't there to be great at anything in particular, just the coolest... whatever that means. If anything I would say from personal experience that iFruad SQ has gone downhill since the 5.5g video.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 12
Hey all, thanks for the recommendation.

Fortunately, my Sansa Clip came back to life. It just started working again for some reason.

With that said, i was on the edge of purchasing either the Clip+ or the Cowan S9

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:

Fortunately, my Sansa Clip came back to life. It just started working again for some reason.

Thats the Rockbox version of You've been Punkd.

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #12 of 12
I'm glad it started working for you again! :)

If you haven't already I would suggest Rockboxing the sucker. It really is a massive improvment on the original firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back