New Monoprice full-sized headphones
Aug 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #32 of 62
anything yet? curiouser and curiouser.

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #33 of 62
You know what guys, I truly doubt these are the same.. The specs are completely different.. I think maybe the same factory that produce the kickers produces these but with different drivers..I will be surprised if these are the same.

Kinda like how the Pioneer HDJ1000s are duped the same way.. If you guys look at the.. Technical pro hp720.. They look exactly the same but sound like crap..  The dupe Pioneer HDJ1000s are in fact the same as the Technical pro 1200. I bet the same factory that make the housing for the drivers for the Pioneers HDJ1000  just make dupes and call em whatever.
American Dj 550s.. Also look exactly the same.

Look at these.. I bet these are more closer to the kickers..well I posted a link and for some reason don't work.. There is another clone of the kicker called    DJ-Tech eDJ Pro.. Look it up on J&R.. Look amazingly like the kickers. brighter colors even.

So in the end.. If they sound too good to be true...

Just get some kickers and be done with.. They kick ass for the price asked anyhow...

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #37 of 62
I'm looking forward to this review!

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #38 of 62
I think that the headphone could possibly be the sames as the kickers as.
1 they have 50mm drivers that are 40 ohm as the kicker
 variation in spec could be due to difference in measuring techniques between companies
but there are standards for impedance and driver diameter.
If either the impedance or driver sizes where different then I would be 1100% sure they are not OEMed.
2. Alot of kicker stuff looks OEMed from other manufactures

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #39 of 62
Received the cans today, going to let these burn in for 100 hours before I do my initial review.

Listened to them for a few minutes straight out of the box, they sounded fairly balanced sounds like every other DJ headphone ive used, bass is really emphasized. They sounded balanced due to the fact I left my ATH A700 EQ profile enabled for my soundcard. Hopefully they'll shine in the mids and highs more after the pink-noise burn in.

Spoiler picture:

Aug 25, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #40 of 62
Just ordered $28.19 with priority shipping.. Will compare to my kicker Hp541s.. If these turn out to be the same. They will be even a better deal than the kickers which are without a doubt one of my faves for the price..look forward to your impressions EpicPie.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #41 of 62
So far I already have a dislike about these, they only swivel inward opposed to swiveling outward for mixing. Maybe it was a manufacturing mistake?

Anyways, I should have my review done within the next week or two.

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #42 of 62
Not going to spoil it by doing a pre-burn review. I admire your patience. Is the fit decent other than the swivel issue? Pleather pads ?

Aug 26, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #44 of 62
Well you just described the fit on the kickers as well..I remember the kickers out of box sounded amazing with some hip hop I try out for bass heavy cans..If these are the same as my kickers.. They should actually sound full about now actually.. They smooth out more so with some burn but I remember the sounds on my kicker being full ballz out even out of box..Good clarity, clean highs , big bold mids and bass that you can feel.. If you sneak a listen to em on some bass heavy tunes and I just described how those sound.. Then maybe they are indeed one n the same as the kicker.. I am actually hoping they are the same.. To me my kickers are more fun to listen to than many of my top cans.. No joke.

My accordion review on the Kickers..http://www.head-fi.org/t/567900/09-m50-reincarnated-the-kicker-hp541-a-headfi-first-duo-take#post_7695234  It is different. A bit long I suppose but hopefully you guys will find it different and entertaining.

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #45 of 62
@ DSnuts, do your kickers rotate inward or outward? My monoprice cans seem to only rotate inward. (Left/right comes towards you when they rotate instead of going outward)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back