New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Oct 9, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #887 of 952
Why no tags?

I’ve found that with 10,000 files sorting by Artist can end up giving me multiple entries for some artists (obvious ones like “The” or “xxx, The”) and then splitting up soundtracks by artist which I dislike, etc

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #888 of 952
I’ve found that with 10,000 files sorting by Artist can end up giving me multiple entries for some artists (obvious ones like “The” or “xxx, The”) and then splitting up soundtracks by artist which I dislike, etc

You could browse by genre or even subgenre to limit your search - thats what i do. no issues with multiple entries here though.

Edit: When your collection is messily tagged it is obviously better to go by folders. It took me quite some time over the years to get my tags straight actually.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #889 of 952
You could browse by genre or even subgenre to limit your search - thats what i do. no issues with multiple entries here though.

Edit: When your collection is messily tagged it is obviously better to go by folders. It took me quite some time over the years to get my tags straight actually.

Yeah, I probably just need to tackle that and it’d make things easier. I think I’m overwhelmed at having to decide how to handle things like soundtracks or VA albums where I’d want it just listed as a single artist/album rather than split up into each individual artist when I browse by artist. I listen to albums in full typically, not random tracks, and so I exclusively browse Artist> Album. It’s the same for soundtracks, I just want to go to Artist (Soundtrack XYZ), then hit play on it. I dislike having all of the artists featured on that album show up in a list of Artists, which is what happens when you use tags and browse by Artist.

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #891 of 952
I dont have too many VA albums and with the few i just renamed the Artists to "Various Artists" - losing the actual Artist name but making things much easier.

I also don’t have many of these but when playing a soundtrack I’d still like to know the artist playing. I guess I could modify the track titles to include the artist and then do what you did with artist names, or maybe change the artist names to the title of the soundtrack.

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #892 of 952
Oh another question: when I start playing an album is there a quick way to see/jump back to the album track list from the now playing screen?

Oct 9, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #894 of 952
Plenue D vs D2

Today i spent some time comparing several tracks on both devices and realized: i cant hear a difference. So i guess i will send the D2 back and hope for a D3 in a couple of years including improvements in screen resolution and gui speed.

Oct 9, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #895 of 952
Plenue D vs D2

Today i spent some time comparing several tracks on both devices and realized: i cant hear a difference. So i guess i will send the D2 back and hope for a D3 in a couple of years including improvements in screen resolution and gui speed.
The biggest difference comes with the balanced out, I feel it's worth the upgrade for balanced but ofc that great PD battery life takes a hit

Oct 9, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #896 of 952
Plenue D vs D2

There is actually a D3 announced on the Korean Cowon website. It’s just like the D2 but with the same Bluetooth as the R2, and a volume wheel.

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #897 of 952
There is actually a D3 announced on the Korean Cowon website. It’s just like the D2 but with the same Bluetooth as the R2, and a volume wheel

True! USB-C finally. Same display/GUI though...
link / thread

gDhFQbG.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #898 of 952
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back