New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Apr 23, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #436 of 952
Apr 23, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #438 of 952
Sorry, just tying to figure some things out...what number does the volume go up to? At first I was thinking this thing didn’t have that much power. I started rolling up on 100 in low power, then I would switch over to headphone mode. Then I realized that itt goes over 100. What is the top value?

Apr 27, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #442 of 952
Any update on that 512GB Card working? :sweat_smile:
I’d like to let you know, but I can’t reformat the card right now because my Mac crapped out. I just have one 64gb card that’s formatted in fat32 and my other cards that I use are all exfat (hence my question above). Will have to wait at least another week. In the meantime, did a 256gb card work?

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #443 of 952
I’d like to let you know, but I can’t reformat the card right now because my Mac crapped out. I just have one 64gb card that’s formatted in fat32 and my other cards that I use are all exfat (hence my question above). Will have to wait at least another week. In the meantime, did a 256gb card work?

I got my plenue D2 this morning so it's still very fresh but i tried 200Gb card (Sandisk, no problem), 400Gb card (Sandisk, works but don't index all files) and 512Gb card (Samsung, won't index files at all) all in FAT32.
So the limitation that Cowon refers to is to be taken seriously.

Now i want a firmware upgrade to use 512Gb cards with all files indexed. in 2019 it's not acceptable to have such a limitation.

EDIT : forgot to mention that i updated the DAP to 1.02 firmware

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #444 of 952
I got my plenue D2 this morning so it's still very fresh but i tried 200Gb card (Sandisk, no problem), 400Gb card (Sandisk, works but don't index all files) and 512Gb card (Samsung, won't index files at all) all in FAT32.
So the limitation that Cowon refers to is to be taken seriously.

Now i want a firmware upgrade to use 512Gb cards with all files indexed. in 2019 it's not acceptable to have such a limitation.

EDIT : forgot to mention that i updated the DAP to 1.02 firmware
What were the improvements in the new firmware. Haven't been able to install it yet because of computer problems.

Apr 28, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #446 of 952
I am really digging this player! The sound adjustments are fantastic. BBE, EQ, Reverb are just so useful. If you’ve got a lot of IEMs and earbuds (like I do), really helps bring up the ones that are middling (especially ones that you might consider slightly dull, or slightly sharp). Degradation is null. I’ve also never had a player that lasts this long on a charge...I don’t think I can go back.

Apr 28, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #447 of 952
I am really digging this player! The sound adjustments are fantastic. BBE, EQ, Reverb are just so useful. If you’ve got a lot of IEMs and earbuds (like I do), really helps bring up the ones that are middling (especially ones that you might consider slightly dull, or slightly sharp). Degradation is null. I’ve also never had a player that lasts this long on a charge...I don’t think I can go back.
That's the beauty of the Cowon, it's for the tweakers.

Apr 29, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #448 of 952
Is there any chance for Cowon to release a new firmware that fixes the stupid database update?

I want to be able to do that manually, only after actually adding crap to my card.

Right now, the player takes 10+ Minutes to start and I lose any interest in listening to music before I can begin.

A custom UI that isn't as slow and cumbersome as a 2005 smartphone would also be cool.
My Cowon J3 is much faster and looks considerably better, all while offering the same battery life.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #449 of 952
Is there any chance for Cowon to release a new firmware that fixes the stupid database update?

I want to be able to do that manually, only after actually adding **** to my card.

Right now, the player takes 10+ Minutes to start and I lose any interest in listening to music before I can begin.

A custom UI that isn't as slow and cumbersome as a 2005 smartphone would also be cool.
My Cowon J3 is much faster and looks considerably better, all while offering the same battery life.

+1 this database update thing is getting on my nerves, especially since i have a lot of unsupported flac files on my card which makes the D2 crash / turn off by itself every few mins. Those unsupported flac files are perfectly fine on my other DAPs.

So please Cowon :

- Allow 512Gb cards to work (or at least 400Gb ones)
- Remove the database update on startup
- fix flac compatibility.

For now the D2 is staying in a drawer waiting for fixes.

Apr 29, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #450 of 952
+1 for getting rid of the automatic update

i enabled sleep mode to dodge the update on startup (there's no update on wake-up) but i'd much prefer to properly turn the player off when i'm not using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back