New Member Introductions thread
Sep 12, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #12,916 of 15,578
I wrote an impression on r/headphone about the elite here. Overall, I am very impressed with the Elite. I have the arya and purchased the empyrean short before the elite was released. After watching some very early review about the elite, I returned my empy and luckily was able to purchase an elite on the first batch. I feel the elite is kinda everything I wanted the arya and empy to be. Amazing soundstage(height, width, and depth), clean and textured bass, full bodied mids, and good treble without it being fatiguing. This is the first time where I bought a headphone that not only did it checked all the boxes, but even surpassed my expectations. It's freaken glorious.

edit: oops, wrong tab, hahah sorry.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #12,917 of 15,578
Hi ya'all, new user Kristian from Denmark here.

Electronics technician by trade and having a small dream about producing hi-fi products. My first outing would be a simpel comfortability upgrade for a specific family of headphones, and I figured this would be a good place to get a feel for the feasibility of that.

Besides that I do appreciate a good pair of cans, but have only minimal knowledge on the subject.

In other words, I'm here to learn :)

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #12,918 of 15,578
Hi, long time lurker on here. Love the reading the forums, have been persuaded to join in the discussion :L3000:

Been into music for as long as I can remember but started more seriously when the first iPods came out. Couldn't understand how people could listed to crappy mp3s though, I always ripped my music to ALAC or WAV at the time.

Started really getting into Hi Res though at around the time Tidal came out and someone recommended trying out a Dragonfly Red. I didn't go with that recommendation in the end instead going for a Meridian Explorer 2 and was quite impressed at the time :smile:, I then tried my first set of decent headphones the Beyerdynamic dt770. I've had the balanced mod done to them since which really improves them in my opinion.

Time moves on though, I've lost count of the DACs, Amps and headphones I've tried since. My current favourite being the Gustard X16 (for it's sheer versatility) and the WA3 with RCA 6080 and HD600 with copper mod. Although this may change since I bought a Cayin HA-1A mk2 from a member on here :thinking:

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #12,920 of 15,578
I finally got the Arctic Cable Magnus (all Copper) since the HiFiMan Arya does not come with 4.4mm terminated Cable for my CAYIN N6 II-RO1 DAP
Cable is superb, it simply gets out of the way, almost like connecting the Output of my DAP directly the my planner headphone drivers, to reveal natural clear leading edge info, rich juicy super extended Highs that have body(not those strident thing highs ends) Mids are delicious and rich the bass is natural and richly textured and extended not artificially boosted … the emotion and intention of the music is freed to be experienced… and I would say the very low impedance seems to give about 1db or more in gain to drive the Arya .... WOW!!!

Attachments

• ArcticCableAryaCayin.jpg
    ArcticCableAryaCayin.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Sep 13, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #12,921 of 15,578
Hi music lovers! My name is Bertrand and I'm from Belgium. I'm a newbie in audio tech' but an audiophile since adolescence. My first experience with audio was a Sony portable radio and a walkman during the eighties :) My favorite music style is Metal :metal: in particular Melodic Death Metal... but I enjoy listening to any other kind of music as well. I hope to learn more about audio tech' here!

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #12,922 of 15,578
Hi music lovers! My name is Bertrand and I'm from Belgium. I'm a newbie in audio tech' but an audiophile since adolescence. My first experience with audio was a Sony portable radio and a walkman during the eighties :) My favorite music style is Metal :metal: in particular Melodic Death Metal... but I enjoy listening to any other kind of music as well. I hope to learn more about audio tech' here!
Here ya go
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iem-for-metal-music-and-hard-rock-ultimate-solution.885104/

Sep 14, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #12,923 of 15,578
Thanks for letting me join this forum.

Fairly new to all this and I'm finding the more I read/research the more I'm confused! I'm not an audiophile but simply a bloke who wants to get to best sound from my headphones within my (limited) budget. Got a lot to learn and hope the fine people on this forum can help point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Ainsley

Sep 14, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #12,924 of 15,578

Fairly new to all this and I'm finding the more I read/research the more I'm confused! I'm not an audiophile but simply a bloke who wants to get to best sound from my headphones within my (limited) budget. Got a lot to learn and hope the fine people on this forum can help point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Ainsley
There's a lot of products out there, and plenty of forums exploring each of them. Get involved and ask plenty of questions, most are very helpful :)

Sep 14, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #12,925 of 15,578

Cheers
Ainsley
Good quality sources is a good starting point and a clean transparent DAC. I think everything else is down to preference IMHO. 😁

Sep 14, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #12,926 of 15,578

Cheers
Ainsley
you will find some fantastic sounding headphones surprisingly cheap. But also on the opposite end of that scale lmao

Sep 14, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #12,927 of 15,578
you will find some fantastic sounding headphones surprisingly cheap. But also on the opposite end of that scale lmao
Got the headphones (HD650, Ananda, AT WP900, Grado Hemp etc), got the dacs (RME ADI-2, Mojo) but the source, predominantly streaming, is where I'm struggling. It was easy when it was simply CD's. Buy a half decent CD player, attach it to a half decent amp and away you go. Now its all Bits, KHz, FLAC, DSD, MQA, Streamers, Pi's, Roon, Volumio, Audirvana etc, etc, etc :triportsad:

Sep 14, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #12,928 of 15,578

Cheers
Ainsley
Forgot to mention, you don't need to spend a lot of money to get excellent quality. More money usually equals very marginal gains!

Sep 14, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #12,930 of 15,578
Got the headphones (HD650, Ananda, AT WP900, Grado Hemp etc), got the dacs (RME ADI-2, Mojo) but the source, predominantly streaming, is where I'm struggling. It was easy when it was simply CD's. Buy a half decent CD player, attach it to a half decent amp and away you go. Now its all Bits, KHz, FLAC, DSD, MQA, Streamers, Pi's, Roon, Volumio, Audirvana etc, etc, etc :triportsad:
Ignorace is my power. I just master tidal and leave it at that. I lost my hundreds of cd collection so I'm not interested in buying all cd's again. and buying digital doesnt really interest me either. For now anyways :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back