New Member Introductions thread
Sep 3, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #12,888 of 15,646
Hey all, after lurking for a long time, I made an account, but I never introduced myself here. I am mainly into open backs and IEMs. I do audio production, but I love listening to music as well. I love digging deep into technology. Head-fi is pretty rad and I have used it for years to get information and opinions.

Sep 4, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #12,889 of 15,646
Hi all,
I live in France near Paris, 49 years old, 3 children.
Passionate about motorcycles and audio, I started by being interested in open headphones, starting a few years ago with a Beyer DT990 Edition (250 Ohms) then Focal Spirit Classic then Sennheiser HD600. More recently I acquired Audio Technica MSR7B (closed) and Audioquest Nighthawk carbon (like it a lot).
At the end of last year, a friend advised me to try modest wired in earphones and so I started with BLON BL03 with a more qualitative cable. Really surprised by the rendering, rather clean and close to some much more expensive headphones. I also like the nomadic side, associated with a DAP or a desk amplifier, I find it very practical.
I also admire the technicality and the manufacturing quality of certain brands like Dunu or Fiio.
Currently I own Tingker TK300, Moondrop Aria, Tri I3, Shanling AE3, ISN D10, Dunu DK2001 and SA6 and Fiio FD5 and FH7.
I intend to take the ISN EST50.
I mainly like rock, post-rock, metal, folk, electro, a bit of jazz and classical.
Happy to talk with you.

Sep 4, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #12,890 of 15,646
Pleased to meet everyone. I’m Matt from South Florida and for the past few years I have enjoyed using this site for opinions and information. I finally registered for an account. I love listening to music, presently w/ the following: AB-1266 Phi TC, HD 800s, HD 6XX, and the TH-X00, all digital audio mostly through a Benchmark DAC3b/HPA4 combo, and currently have on order a ZMF VC and a Woo WA5-LE, to add to the collection. Glad to be a part of the forum.

Sep 5, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #12,891 of 15,646
image0.jpg
Got started in this hobby a couple months back, obsessed with porta-fi at the moment, pleased to meet you all :) Aurora from Hong Kong. Here’s some of my main IEMs ~

Sep 5, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #12,892 of 15,646
I recently got my Arctic Cable Magnus, the Cable is superb, it simply gets out of the way, almost like connecting the Output of my DAP (Cayin N6 II-R01) directly the my planner headphone drivers, natural toes clear leading edge info, rich juicy super extended Highs that have body(not those strident HIs) Mids are delicious and rich the bass is natural and richly textured and extended not artificially boosted … the emotion and intention of the music is freed to be experienced... and an added bonus its low impedance seems to give a db or so boost in gain... WOW!!! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmDiYYUNpfqLiJJI6aB4MlNR2261WA?e=34yz0O

Sep 6, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #12,893 of 15,646
Hello everyone,

Excited to become part of the Head-Fi community. I've been lurking the forums here for months and figured it was high time I dove in. I'm a crate-digging vinyl-hound of the old school and am new to headphone hi-fi and streaming audio--also to internet forums (please excuse the inevitable faux pas). I have many questions for the community, which I'll do my best to post to the appropriate threads. For now, it's good to be here.

-CauliEars

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #12,894 of 15,646
Hello everyone!
Exciting to see so many people talking about earphones, headphones, and other audio stuff.

This is one account but there is actually two of us behind it. I am Artem and I love rock, pop-punk, and old school hip-hop. My favorite band is Кино. My friend’s name is Bogdan, he is a big fan of Queen and Sex Pistols. I am 16, and Bogdan is 15 years old… We are young, very young. But we both love music and want to share a little bit of that passion here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Rvl3
Back