New Member Introductions thread
May 18, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #12,587 of 15,539
Hey! Ive been lurking for a few months or so now and made an account. Im in San Diego and currently studying. I listen to a lot of metalcore (DGD, A Lot Like Birds, etc), some indie, folk, and electronic. I listen to music on pc, currently with Qobuz, through the Khadas tone 2 pro and the Empire Odin's. Thinking of switching to Apple music soon since theyre adding hifi soon and have a huge library.

I was looking at the Empyreans and also curious what vision ears is coming out with next. So if I could id like to ask a question. If I wanted to get even better quality audio for long hours of listening, would upgrading to the Empyreans be an upgrade? Or how about Abyss? Should I look at a better amp/dac too?

May 19, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #12,589 of 15,539
Hello, new here.

Fairly new to audio too. Just last year or so I was listening to, what, about 20 songs. Got the KZ ZSN in my frustration with crappy quality IEMs (so I came from wanting more durability, not necessarily audio quality). After that, got the Bl01 and dreams of combining the two to a better IEM (ZSN's relatively better soundstage to BL01, BL01's relatively smoother yet still engaging sound signature, all in the ZSN's shell). Current IEMs are BQEYZ KC2, KZ ZAX, Blon Bl03/BL01. Also have the headphones Philips SHP9500, Takstar Pro 82, and Koss KPH30i.

Right now I'm basically consuming anything Deezer, Spotify, and Youtube throws at me.

Stuck in budget chi-fi sidegrade hell as you can see. I'm still a skeptic to the more expensive part of this hobby, guess I can't commit to a purchase until I hear it personally. So I'm sticking to the mantra "diminishing returns" for now lmao. Personally think I'm in the sweet spot of price to performance. Anyway, I prioritize comfort too, so tip rolling is a rabbit hole I've sunk money into, too.

Came here for anonymity and to have a wider perspective into this hobby, beyond just riding the hype train. The recent DQ6 was so disappointing for me.

My hit list currently is the Tin T2 Plus, TFZ No. 3 19th Edition (yes, oldie, but I hear its bass is absurd it's almost intriguing), Moondrop Aria.. maybe the CCA CKX. Still looking for a worthy IEM that will break the $100 barrier for me.

Cheers! :D

May 19, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #12,590 of 15,539
Hi, been lurking for a while, time to join. I love music and everything headphone related. I got into hifi from my love of music. Right now I am listening to Qobuz through Roon, also have downloaded FLACS. Cd Collection is what I listen to on my main hifi system. I am new to the hobby, but I have made myself a setup of the DacMagic200M with Focal Clear Mg, Koss Porta-Pro, and Tin Hifi T2 Pro headphones. Pleased to meet you all. I'm also on Reddit with same username.

May 20, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #12,591 of 15,539
Hi! I've been watching Head Fi for a long time and decided to join the community so I can contribute.

May 20, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #12,592 of 15,539
Hello, I am new to the site and I am trying to find a solution to the problem I face. I am listening to a lot of music from my computer (FLAC, classical) and I have a very annoying problem with very harsh sounds around 3 KHz, having to reduce them in the equalizer to almost nothing. This is most noticeable in a tenor aria. I am using a USB Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS and AKGK701 headphones. I have tried in the past with another DAC and another pair of headphones and the problem was still there. I am willing to invest in whatever is needed to get rid of this annoying problem, only if I knew what causes this. Thank you!

May 20, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #12,593 of 15,539
Just stumbled across head-fi while diving into DACs to incorporate into my vintage hifi systems. Finding that my tube set up in particular makes all my digital listening much more delightful.
Fisher 500c and Marantz 2270 receivers; Wharfedale speakers, and Thorens turntables. One pair of hand-me-down Sennheiser HD 280 Pro (serious upgrade needed there!). Fairly knowledgeable about vintage gear, so hope to contribute while learning from the community.

May 20, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #12,596 of 15,539
Greetings and salutations from deepest darkest Dorset.

Am huge fan of 90's Musical Fidelity gear, have 3B pre rack mount with blue writing, 2x MF P180 running bi-amped into Tannoy DC2000 speakers, SMSL Sanskrit 10th, Cambridge Audio 640C CD player and BK XLS200 Sub and MF-200 balanced headphones and matching V90-BHA amp. Also have MF A1, MF, B1, P180 and T1 tuner. Interconnects home made using Van Damme Lo-Cap cable, these made a big difference to overall SQ, speaker cable solid core bi-wire (name lost in depths of time) but cost me a few quid.

I normally listen to FLAC from the PC but fire up CD's from time to time.

May 23, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #12,598 of 15,539
Warm Greetings,

I've been aware of this forum since last year, but have just now decided to register.

Reddit has been my go-to reference for somewhat (maybe a lot) longer :)

Don't know how much I'll be able to add here but I'll try!

A long time (say about 20 years) ago, in a galaxy not so far away, my initiation into the world of premium Jedi audio was the Shure e3 in-ears (which have morphed into the current SE315's) paired with a $40(then) KOSS mini-amp. I loved the sound of the Shure's so much I replaced them twice over as they weren't durable & kept dying on me so I finally decided not to waste any more money on them. :cry:

Now that that I'm disabled + covid lock down have re-ignited my interest in this hobby and so am seriously looking to upgrade my audio game to provide a much needed escape from reality...

hope to add at least a $1K in-ear and/or headphone set + plus a $1K DAP before the end of this year.

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #12,599 of 15,539
Hello! Ive been here for at least a month and i love it here! Have a modded pair of AKG k52 headphones and grado sr60e’s and other random earbuds and headphones. Still looking for good audio gear and the only dac i have is a fiio m5! I need better audio gear. Anyways happy to talk to people if they want to!

-thatoneheadphonedood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back