New Member Introductions thread
May 14, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #12,571 of 15,519
I'll answer since this other guy hasn't yet. So I'm going through these phases. I am discovering speakers at the moment. Its funny because I never thought or had any desire to involve myself in passive 2 channel audio. Just like I never could've imagined owning a set of open back headphones let alone 5 sets, and rotating them in and out.
I went to the RMAF in 2019 and had no interest whatsoever in turntables or speakers. Now 1.5 years later I ,all of a sudden, have a pair of $8500 speakers and a turntable setup worth about $10k….go figure LOL.

May 14, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #12,572 of 15,519
I went to the RMAF in 2019 and had no interest whatsoever in turntables or speakers. Now 1.5 years later I ,all of a sudden, have a pair of $8500 speakers and a turntable setup worth about $10k….go figure LOL.

Living just a 20 minute drive from one of the largest audio festivals in the world really does not help your wallet, huh? :floatsmile:

May 14, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #12,573 of 15,519
Living just a 20 minute drive from one of the largest audio festivals in the world really does not help your wallet, huh? :floatsmile:
Exactly LOL

May 14, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #12,574 of 15,519
Hey guys. New to the hobby. Dipped my toes with a Fiio K5 pro and Meze 99 Classics. Now I'm looking to "ampgrade" first before I get new cans. Already have a few candidates: Topping A90, Singxer SA-1, Little Dot MK3 SE. I listen to mostly electronic music and hip hop, basshead listener. Hopefully the more experienced audiophiles can help me make a sound decision. Thanks!

May 15, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #12,575 of 15,519
Hi everyone! I'm an audiophile for quite a bit now, my first satisfying setup was iPod Classic + Sennheiser MX985, and now I'm using Chord Qutest + Burson Soloist 3xp + Focal Clear as my main setup and RME ADI-2 DAC + Liquid Platinum + Hifiman Arya as my secondary setup, next stop probably will be floor standing speakers, nice to meet you all!

May 15, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #12,576 of 15,519
Hello folks. I'm in no way an audiophile, but I recognize and respect the amount of knowledge on this site. I've used this site from afar for close to a decade, using google to search 'site:head-fi.org' to research headphones. I'll make an effort to live up to the standards on this forum :)

May 15, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #12,577 of 15,519
Hi everyone! I'm was with head-fi for quite a long time but only as a reader. From now I would like to have an opportunity to have a discussion with head-fi members.
Hope it will be productive and fun :):darthsmile:

May 15, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #12,578 of 15,519
Greetings good folks. New member here (who could´ve guesed :p) i´m only two year active in the hobby but since reguarly looking for new gear and music when the audio bug stings me :D

May 16, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #12,580 of 15,519
Hi everyone. After a couple of years on head-fi and 500 posts, I think it's time to introduce myself, haha, I know, better late than never. I came here to learn from others, share my subjective experiences and form an opinion on what's are some of the best (to my ears and taste) 5k, 10k, 15k and 20k headphone systems. My about page goes into detail on what I have owned, sold and kept, but two companies stand out for me - Abyss and Chord. I owned and enjoyed multiple different tiers from them, like Diana V2 and AB-1266 TC; as well as Mojo, Hugo 2, Hugo TT2 and tested M Scaler and Dave. Besides that, tried a lot of other manufacturers like Schiit, Cavalli Audio, iFi, Grace, Romi Audio, as well as different headphone companies, like Audeze, Focal and Hifiman. I have also invested some funds into Dan Clark (MrSpeakers) when they were briefly trading publicly, to support the community. I have visited CanJams and listened to Sennheiser HE-1 and TOTL Stax setups. On the speaker side, I have owned Cambridge Audio amplifiers, as well as Bang Olufsen dynamic and Martin Logan electrostatic speakers. I am one of those head-fiers who do not wish to own a collection, but rather all-in-one solution, with the least amount of devices as possible. Over the years I have developed sonic preferences, I went from liking bass heavy dark presentation, to well controlled transparent and detailed sound signature. My next stop is dCS Bartók, which offers streamer+upsampler+dac+amp that can drive my AB-1266 TC. When pandemic is over, I hope to visit others and meet everyone on CanJams, and further audition Woo Audio WA33, Bakoon, Riviera and XI Audio Formula S+P amplifiers, and maybe some R2R dacs. Thank you for reading this long post!

May 17, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #12,581 of 15,519
Hey everyone!
Long time reader, first time poster from Germany here.
My journey into the world of HiFi started maybe two years ago while I was in search of good and cheap earphones. In the end I bought Tin T2's and they awakened my passion of listening to music again. Several IEMs and stuff like KOSS Porta Pro and KPH30i later I bought Hifiman Sundaras and that's my endgame for now.
About a month ago I built my first selfmade IEMs and that's why I need to frequent the forum as a poster, too. DIY-IEM thread here I come. :wink:

Thanks a lot to Head-Fi for existing and to everyone contributing their part in the forums and review sections and everywhere else.

May 18, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #12,584 of 15,519
Hello! Every time I've been looking to buy new audio gear, I've lurked around on headfi searching for reviews, but I never made an account. I kind of broke my iems recently (ok, a bit of a long story---I broke the original cable, but I had this 2 pin cable lying around, so I sawed down the cable and iems a little to fit it, but breaking the original cable I kind of also messed up the left side holes, so the cable kept falling out on the left side, and eventually one of those pins broke. The original iems came with a balanced 4.4 mm cable as well, but I have no balanced amp, so either going a balanced amp but probably new iems. I don't really trust my 4.4 cable to last too long with the loose left side, although maybe I'll just epoxy it lol), so I started lurking around to check out what iems to get and decided to make an account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back