New Member Introductions thread
May 24, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #12,602 of 15,537
Hi. I go by the name Ge0 on many other audio related forums. But, that name was too short here so I called myself Ge0 Audio. Clever eh?

I'm just another schmuck going through a mid life crisis. Seriously though, I'm a big audio fan and DIY'er. I'm was wondering where else can I dump off a boat load of cash to support yet another facet of my hobby? Why not upgrade my headphones?

I bought a few commercial sets of cans from Beyerdynamic (DT 1990 Pro) and Sennheiser/Drop (HD 58X). I also have a 20 year old set of Grado SR60's. I was wondering. I like them all. But, how can I tinker with and improve them? So, I just bought a set of MiniDSP EARS to make measurements with and to set some base lines.

I'm rather intrigued with all the options available to me to heavily modify my Grado's. So, maybe I will start there. This seems like the place...

May 24, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #12,603 of 15,537
Hi fellas. Although this is my first post, i've been here for a while since i build my Chinese lovely cube headamp using the information of this great community .
I Jesus From Spain and now im lookin to update my Fiio x3 with something bigger in storage and sound. No streaming functions needed so just a HiRes player with big capacity and great sound.
Thanks for having me.
Cheers

May 25, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #12,606 of 15,537
Hello everyone, recently fell into the rabbit hole and completely new to audio in general. Looking to get my first pair of headphones soon, just trying to learn more before I do!
Good first pair is grado sr60e or x headphones.

May 25, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #12,607 of 15,537
Hi All,

Very new to head fi. Thought this forum was the place to start learning. Have kicked off my journey with Meze 99 Classics, iFi Zen DAC and CAN stack and supplied cables from both.

The fun begins....

May 26, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #12,608 of 15,537
Hello all, im new to HiFi and Audio in general but wanted to really put the time into an excellent audio setup. After a Ton of Research I went with the Focal Utopia being my choice of headphone, with my Amplifier currently being shipped I have to wait a good while, I still have yet to choose a DAC.

May 27, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #12,609 of 15,537
Hello everyone, recently fell into the rabbit hole and completely new to audio in general. Looking to get my first pair of headphones soon, just trying to learn more before I do!
Expect no mercy, on your wallet, that is!! :D

Good first pair is grado sr60e or x headphones.
Grado is a high quality family-run company. While I don't have personal experience with the sr60e's, based on what I've read they could well be the best cans at $100 or under, a solid choice at the very least.

If you have a bit more $$ to start with then you might consider the Shure SRH1840's. They've been around a long time and although they list at $500+, you can get them new on eBay at $300 or less(if you're patient) like I very recently did.

You could even call them the poor man's Focal Utopia (SRP$4000), given other comparisons to them. :)

So now I'm just waiting for delivery and once that happens I'll review them in the correct thread and update my signature, of course! :)

May 27, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #12,610 of 15,537
Hello everyone. Nice to meet you. This is the first time I’m creating an account in a forum. I’m kinda new to the whole headphones and hi-fi community, but i hope I can learn a lot and exchange good words between us (sorry for my English, haven’t practiced that much this last years). I use the Sony’s WH-1000XM3 as well the Audiotechnica M50X. Also I’m getting into the IPod Classic community. Thank you and hope you are doing well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back