New Member Introductions thread
May 6, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #12,556 of 12,663

xac0

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!
Gonna make this short af (not rlly):
-U can call me by my username/usertag.
-I'm totally new to the hi-fi world, I got motivated to join the community after months of scrolling through the forum and learning from more experienced ppl.
-I follow the DankPods channel on yt, so to keep me update on good deals, crappy music gear, etc etc.
-Hablo inglés y español.
-I'm interested on budget gear/chinese iem deals as this is a very recent hobby and I don't want to risk wasting money on something I might drop/quit anytime.
-I play guitar, but I wish I had picked bass instead.
That being said, I hope I can get along well with most of you:wink: (I think I'll end up being a ghost user tho haha)
Hey! I also have a guitar but I'm selling it right now. I also realized that I prefer playing bass :sleepy:. I'm also interested in cheap stuff (people call this chi-fi, there are some spanish blogs where you can find cheap stuff). My first buy is CCA CSN IEMs, it hasn't arrived yet.

What's your gear? What music do you like?

Feel free to PM if you wanna talk in Spanish :)

May 6, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #12,557 of 12,663

spydermang

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! Long time lurker - really appreciate all of the resources here that I've used over the years. Finally made an account to start looking into the classifieds section for gear upgrades.

I listen to mostly EDM and also do a lot of PC gaming.

I've been using my AD700 headphones for an eternity now and am finally looking to upgrade. Recently picked up the Schiit Magnius + Modius stack so I can potentially support some higher end headphones with a balanced XLR connection 🙌

That's it for my introduction, looking forward to it!

May 6, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #12,558 of 12,663

cuccashu bafm

New Head-Fier
Hey! I also have a guitar but I'm selling it right now. I also realized that I prefer playing bass :sleepy:. I'm also interested in cheap stuff (people call this chi-fi, there are some spanish blogs where you can find cheap stuff). My first buy is CCA CSN IEMs, it hasn't arrived yet.

What's your gear? What music do you like?

Feel free to PM if you wanna talk in Spanish :)
What guitar do u have?
I personally play a reverse headstock partcaster (one humbucker, one volume knob and killswitch) I modded the f*ck out of.

CCA and KZ are always a good first buy, or so I've been told. Pretty sure those a real good too, tho I don't like the way most of 'em look? Plastic-y? lmao Idk how to explain it.
I prefer resin iems, handsome/professional lookin imo.
Bought some Tiandirenhe resin buds (not to confuse with trn)and mmcx cables that have yet to arrive to my country.
As to music tastes: I don't think I can properly explain it, there are weeks I'm hyper focused on one genre/album, and next week I jump into other lol
La comunidad de habla hispana debería de mantenerse unida, en mi opinión hay pocos aficiónados del hi-fi en latinoamerica (soís libres de corregirme fellow latinos), realmente no es un hobby que ves todos los días al menos.

May 6, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #12,559 of 12,663

Kohonski

New Head-Fier
Hey all! Just like spydermang, I'm also a long time lurker!

I've dipped my toes into HiFi stuff before, but stayed just on the edge.

A long time ago, I picked up a pair of Ultrasone 550s and a FiiO e12 amp. I've been using those for years now and am looking to upgrade so I found my way back here.

It's really pretty cool to see this forum community still thriving. I use Reddit for a lot of things but it's geared towards "streaming" content vs being a knowledge base built around a community. Decided I'd register and join in the fun. :)

I listen to a little bit of everything but recently been digging folk, rap, and anything with underlying electronic stuff. Also enjoy music with strong vocals, but not sure what that's called.

May 7, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #12,560 of 12,663

Kommodus

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I've been checking out this forum for quite a while, but have just now decided to register. Don't know if I'll be much use but you never know.
My gear:
Hugo 2 + Mscaler (looking to upgrade to tt2 soon). Fiio m11 pro, zen dac v2+can.
Focal Utopia, Audeze lcd 3, sony ier-z1r.

Cheers!

May 13, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #12,569 of 12,663

STAYER

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!
I'm new to audio. 3 days before I had just Sades for 30$ with embedded soundcard. My current gear: Takstar HF-580, Takstar HA-101 apm and Steinberg UR12 as usb soundcard.
I love the different music: Synthwave, Lofi, Dark Country, Goa/Psy Trance, Nordic folk, Industrial (Rammstein)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread