New Member Introductions thread
Dec 27, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #10,952 of 15,536
Hi. I'm new. Nice to be here.
I love sound but wouldn't really consider myself a vast repository of information. I'm hoping to learn through being here.
When I was 16 I bought some second hand Linn Index speakers with my paper round money and wired them in quadrophonic and listened to Dvorak. Since then I've always appreciated good quality kit.
Look forward to reading some of the posts.
H2W

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #10,953 of 15,536
Hi everyone, been browsing the forums for a decade and finally registered an account. Bought my first headphones and earphones thanks to gear ranking of old website version. This year I've bought my Sony ZX-300, MDR-Z7 MKI and 64 Audio A12t, thanks to my search on this forum. In the market for a nice portable amps for my Z7. Lots of tests, arguments, recommendations to read, thanks to you guys.

Dec 28, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #10,954 of 15,536
Hi Everyone, I am very excited to discover this website. I discovered it while searching for reviews to guide me on my first set of nice closed back headphones. Based on all I've read, I went with the Beyerdynamic T5P (2nd gen). Before this I have had Shure SE535 with a Fiio M9.

Dec 28, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #10,955 of 15,536
hello my name is Eelco, 45y retired. from Holland. since im a bit deaf and moved to appartment a year ago i just started my headphone addict

began with a 10 dollar headphone from hema (like wallmarkt) , superlux 668, sennheiser hd 518, sennheiser momentum on ear, sennheiser hd 515 , creative aurvana live
and now orded a philips shp9500 (first new headphone since im poor). Here in holland we sell lots of things secondhand its no shame its like a national sport haha.
in the past i had Beyerdynamic dt150 and acustom street blown both of them and had no knowledgde of repairing fixing so threw them away :frowning2:
and had a sennheiser hd 205 that one broke when a sat on it :frowning2:.

it really weird some headphones are new in the usa like 200 dollars in europe like 60 dollars and vice versa. but im still new and still learning. im most of all interested in cheap headphones
with very good sound. like the CALS. hehe and also headphones who last for many years playing at 80 procent max volume since my hearing aint great.

cya laters.

eelco

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #10,965 of 15,536
First time poster. Been lurking for a while as I’ve always had decent audio gear, but am looking to upgrade. Traditionally I’ve had Sennheiser for headphones and Klipsch for the home stereo setup.

Current items that I own (most I’ve had for years):
- HD380 Pro
- HD 598
- Momentum Wireless 2.0
- Momentum in ear
- 1MORE Triple Diver in ear

Been trying some new stuff out and will create my own post when approved.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back