New Member Introductions thread
Dec 17, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #10,921 of 15,649
Hello, I am new to this great board but I have been a reader for some time. Based on information I found in the forum I purchased a KANN Cube DAP and I am looking forward to learning more about how to get the most out of it and to share impressions with others. Nice to meet you all!

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #10,923 of 15,649
Hello all! Couldn't be more excited to jump head first into this hobby. Before recently my best gear was a pair of HD598s and some Shure 215s for my daily commute in the city. I drove these with a Schiit stack (Magni+Modi) so I've gotten some exposure to high quality audio, but it wasn't enough.

I walk into a store called Audio 46 looking to upgrade my HDs. Walk out almost $1k lighter with a pair of IEMs I immediately fell in love with (Final Audio B3s) and a Chord Mojo.

I thought it'd end there and I guess it comes with the hobby but I was still looking for something better for my HDs. Didn't take much but soon after I was eyeing the Focal Elex, paired with the Drop 789 amp; I was really gulping the Kool aid at this point. I was just about to pull the trigger on these after days of research when I saw that the Clear was a few hundred less than retail on Amazon and that Monoprice had a carbon copy of the Drop, their 887. I figured why not, and got these instead.

I've come to learn so much about audio I didn't know before and the community around this hobby here and elsewhere are so friendly and helpful. Can't wait to start contributing myself!

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #10,924 of 15,649
Hi All, a proper new boy here for my first post :). I’m in Somerset in the south western corner of the UK.

I’ve recently retired and now have more time to start over with my (eclectic) music collection - a lot of prog rock but otherwise everything from opera through other classical to more recent rock. Unfortunately my old ‘hifi’ system is really very old but still working, so I have kinda started over in a small way. I now have a Chord Mojo and Poly combination along with a pair of B&W P9 Signature phones. Already a lot of my red book CDs seem to need re-examination due to the improvement in sound quality, but I will be dipping my toes into some hi-res music when I can find some that I’m happy to pay for. I will be listening to various free downloads of other formats for a little while though.

I’m looking forward to picking up some good info here and learning my way around this new world.

Cheers, Bob

Dec 19, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #10,926 of 15,649
Hi all,

I just want to introduce myself.

I have no big experience with headphones, for serious i just start 6 months ago buying my first headphones.

But my brother is addicted and because of him I start with listening all his headphones and I discover it somehow addictive.

With my lite bit scientific oriented approach I build measurement rig to discover learn and understand differences of different headphones.

I found this forum as unique and full of useful information but I was an passive observer, reader. Now I decided to join.

Marcin

Dec 19, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #10,927 of 15,649
Hi all,

I just want to introduce myself.

I have no big experience with headphones, for serious i just start 6 months ago buying my first headphones.

But my brother is addicted and because of him I start with listening all his headphones and I discover it somehow addictive.

With my lite bit scientific oriented approach I build measurement rig to discover learn and understand differences of different headphones.

I found this forum as unique and full of useful information but I was an passive observer, reader. Now I decided to join.

Marcin
Welcome!

Dec 19, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #10,928 of 15,649
Hi there, I'm into closed back headphones. I used to own and love Sennheriser Momentums. Then I purchased Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro (80 Ohm) and returned them. They sounded too boring. Now I'm thinking the best thing for me would be Argons Mk3 or maybe Fostex TR-X00 or Aeon Closed Back? Any suggestions appreciated. I'm looking for wide sound stage, fun and bassy sound.

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #10,929 of 15,649
Greetings every one.
I am Kris, work for Deco2000 in Thailand. I hope I can inform inform everyone here what are we gonna doing in Thailand. Also, I am really appreciate with the vast of knowledge that posting in here. We would love to put our effort for the head-fi community in Thailand and raise the head-fi cultural to the next step.

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #10,932 of 15,649
Hi everyone, I introduce myself. I have recently become fond of Hi-Res and I hope to learn a lot from all of you.
Actually I have: Ibasso dx220, Sennheiser HD800s, AKG K712pro, Audio-Technica AD900x, Ibasso it01s and on the way the Jvc ha-fdx1 from massdrop.

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #10,934 of 15,649
Hi all,

New member from SF Bay Area. I'm a frequent visitor and lurker here. I've been really interested in audio stuff for a while now and recently made some acquisition to start my journey into this hobby. I'm glad to finally joined this community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back