New Member Introductions thread
Dec 10, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #10,906 of 15,519
Hi everyone,

After continuously finding myself here reading useful and informative posts as a result of Google searches, I figured I'd better join. :)
Spent many a year enjoying audio, but never to the level of the folks around here. Much more reading and learning to come.

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #10,908 of 15,519
Hola. Newbie here. Found forum whilst googling reviews for a new set of headphones. New to the obsession of head fi. Other current obsession include Astrophotography, PC builds, DIY crap, 3D printing, RasPi stuff, some limited arduino things, Auto tech/cars, diy car repairs, appliance repairs, Any To Save A Buck repair.
Previous obsessions musky fishing, duck hunting, modded flat bottom boats with ducted jet outboard motors, tub grinders, weed, drag racing, V8 power.

-Jeff

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #10,911 of 15,519
Hi guys, I'm new to HiFi. The most Hifi headphones I have are Sony MDR-V6's. Youtube recommended a video yesterday about upgrading iPods with flashcards and scrapping the hard drive. So after finding my old 5th gen iPod Video, which happens to be broken (white screen) and spending an entire evening researching how to upgrade it, I realized I have probably the most capable Hifi iPod ever made. Internal Wolfson DAC which can be modded with capacitors to hardwire it to the dock. My research led me to a thread here so here I am. I want to load up my lossless collection and add more onto my iPod to have a portable and acceptable hi-fi listening solution. I lke that I can plug it into my car stereo and have access to much better quality songs than what streaming or satellite services offer. So i have an iFlash quad microSD card board, a 512gb microSD card, their capacitor kit, and a 3000mAh battery on the way. Now I have to find a good pair of IEMs to go with this once its built. Also, if anyone has any recommendations to polish the scratches off of the plastic face and metal back of an iPod I would appreciate that.

Dec 12, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #10,915 of 15,519
Hi Everyone,

Been a longtime lurker on the forms here. Very new and learning. I just want to say thank you to all that take the time to put up reviews and comparisons, you guys have saved me thousands on what could have been bust purchases. I guess its my turn to contribute.. And sell a few things ; )

IEM: Sony XBA 40, EX1000, Sure 846, BGVP Dm6
DAC/AMP: Fiio Q1, Chord Mojo, Dragonfly Red
Headphones: AKG K551, Sennheiser HD558, Astro A40s :darthsmile:

Shoutout to those in Vancouver, Canada!

Welcome! @blackdragon87 and I are some of the main Vancouver denizens here

Dec 12, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #10,916 of 15,519
Hello,

I've been a lurker for many years but never created an account. I'm not new to the hobby but certainly have a lot still to learn. I only have two headphones at the moment (fidelio x2 and Sony 1000xm3). I tend to buy and test out a lot but rarely keep any. Maybe someday I'll find 'the one'.

Dec 16, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #10,918 of 15,519
Hey guys new guy here. I'm into music production, headphones, and hi-fi. Pretty much been lurking here for years, but had some questions and wanted to say hi!

Focal clear
Spl 2 control
Sennheiser hd650
Audeze lcd-2
Martin logan ESLs
Klipsch RP-160M

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #10,920 of 15,519
Just joined after being a lurker for several years. My gear isn't audiophile level, but I'm looking to get there eventually. What I own:
Best IEM: Soundmagic E10 (from 6 years ago), followed by ES18.
Best headphone: Sennheiser HD280, followed by Avantree Audition.
So, I have my work cut out for me. :L3000:

Presently on hunt for better earbuds. The E10's are great, but a little sibilant on treble, light on bass. Otherwise articulate. The ES18's have better bass but highs roll off. Looking for "sweet+warm" earbuds for around $50 USD, possibly higher if it's really worth it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back