New Member Introductions thread
Sep 27, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #10,636 of 15,538
Hi all, of course new here, heavily addicted I'm afraid since last may now with iems, I have owned some, including:
Final Fi-Ba-SSt35, Periodic Audio Be, Custom Art Fibae BLACK, RHA T20, V-MODA Forza Metallo, Onkyo E700BT, **** EN900, Astell&Kern Billie Jean, 1more Quad, Etymotic er3xr, Final E4000 & E5000, Shure SE215/425/535.

I actually own: Campfire Lyra-II & Polaris-II, Custom Art FIBAE 4.

Looking for: Campfire Atlas for its bass and replace the Polaris-II, thinking for Earsonics (don't know which one yet) for a more relaxed/reference sound to replace the Lyra-II. Any advice is welcomed.

Cheers,
In earphones trade and seller section you can find 2 Hyla 5 in sale the best if yolike bass. And Welcome to this e pensive hobby.

Sep 28, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #10,642 of 15,538
Hello Head-Fi'ers!

I am from Michigan and have been an audiophile at heart my entire life however just am figuring out i was missing a key component in my life (Portable DAC!).... Yeah..

So this week i have received 3 DACs! Previously i was always using the best sound card i could find in a desktop... (Currently NU Audio by eVGA... - Anyone find something better?)
-Started with Dragonfly RED - (A-)
-Recieved HifiBerry DAC+pro yesterday - (A)
-Recieved ifi xDSD today - ?(WOW!!) (A+)

Dont have a lot of the fancy headphones many of you guys have, but have always been a "Senn-head". Go to everyday set are my HD 650s OR my wireless (Sony - yuck.. aside from these) WH-1000XM3s if im roaming around..

Have a set of (no longer made) Tannoy 501/601s + Adam audio monitors which i have always preferred over headphones when at my desk until recent (maybe!).

Also have some custom gear in my vehicle which any DAC upgrade helps significantly with.

My background is in Electrical Engineering (gEEk) and Optics. Would like to help where i can with EE knowledge and am looking to start a team project (for fun and see if it goes anywhere) if I find some folks with the same interests and background on here/elsewhere.. (We could make the next "Mojo"!)

...Always learning and easy going.

Been a "leech" on head-pi the last week until i stumbled upon the Michigan meet up which I finally said "time to register" :)
Glad to be here and look forward to meeting you all!

Jon (AkA "hotwings")

P.s.
(#@admins - I have also ran web communities in the past running phpBB/other and can help with design/admin stuff if you guys are in need of assistance..)

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #10,645 of 15,538
Hi everyone, new here but not new to the world of headphones. Currently using on a day-to-day basis AKG K7XX, Arcam rHead, Rega DAC, with Beyerdynamic Lagoon ANCs alongside two regular stereo hifi setups. Have been through a bunch of headphones over the years. Listen mostly for pleasure now, have done some studio work in the past. Cheers!

Sep 30, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #10,646 of 15,538
Long-time lurker. Not sure if it's still obligatory to post a who-am-I here before posting anywhere else but may as well.

Over-the-hill Canadian male, started on the serious-amateur classical guitar journey half-a-lifetime ago. Burned out on that. Now listen to boring acoustic music instead of trying make it. Only a few years into the hobby. More focused on EQ and frequency response accuracy than gear. Very happy with my DT 1990s.

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #10,649 of 15,538
Hello everybody! This is my first post, so hear is a little about me.

Headphones I own: Sony MDR-V700, Superlux HD 562 - modified for large pads, Massdrop HE-4XX, Fostex T20RP Mk3 Mayflower.

Headphones I bought and then immediately returned: Monolith M560 - I hated these because they sounded like you're listening to music through 2 plastic cups even after a lengthy break-in, SIGVA SV002 - Too heavy and "the sound" just wasn't there, V-MODA XS - The shape hurt my ears... bought the HD562 and figured out that all on-ear headphones hurt my ears.

Headphone Amp: Maasdrop XDuoo XD-05

Oct 1, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #10,650 of 15,538
Hi everyone! I'm a new Head-Fier and am excited to participate in this community.

I just made the decision to purchase a pair of new Sennheiser HD800s after spending a few hours auditioning cans at a local shop. They're being shipped from Germany, so I expect to pick them up at the end of the week. I'm thinking of upgrading my amplification as well and would welcome any suggestions. I listen mostly to jazz and classical but also like listening to other genres of music from time to time.

I currently own a pair of HD650s and Massdrop EDC IEMs for travel. I've previously owned T1's, LCD-3's, AHD7000's, and MDR-ZR1's. My current amps/DACs/portable devices include an Audioquest Dragonfly, Chord Mojo, Decware CSP2, and FiiO M9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back