New Member Introductions thread
May 22, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #10,112 of 15,646
Hi, i am new in this forum. My name is Martin but you can tell me martussder.
I like all about portable audio devices.

I have had a lot of audio products in the last 2 years, about 40 headphones including hd800, hd700, hd600 and others brand like sony, hifiman, audeze, beyerdynamic, audiotechnica, etc... and some amps and dacs, daps, cables, etc.

I hope i will contribute in this forum and i will learn a lot of too.

Regards.

May 22, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #10,113 of 15,646
Hello! I'm grewtunes, and I'm a person who appreciates music. I recently purchased a pair of AKG 7XX from Massdrop, and then a pair of KZ-ZSNs and realized that I needed better quality music to really appreciate them. I realized that every time I do a search for information about headphones, a DAC, amp or DAP the first few searches were bringing me here, so i decided that it was the place to be. I'm excited learn about the world of hi quality audio.

May 22, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #10,116 of 15,646
I’ve been out of high end audio for a while. Previously I had a very respectable speaker setup (Merlin vsm), but this isn’t feasible now for a variety of reasons. Therefore, I’m pursuinga second headphones setup. It took very little time to start knocking at summit fi gear (Cayin N8 dap, Hugo 2! Headphones to match).

This can be an expensive setup $5k+. What are others using for systems at lower price points?

What about:
*$500 total
*$1000 total
*$2500-3k

Your thoughts are sincerely appreciated.

May 22, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #10,117 of 15,646
Hello I'm John.....
And I. An Audioholic, I Live eat and Breathe.... Audio.... Im an Audio Engineer by trade spoiled by some of the finest equipment in the world, Headphones are not something I Enjoy, But quality sound I truly enjoy and I'm on a quest....... I love my Ipod Classic 160 it's in Hard drive mode and accesses my lossless music..... Im a happy guy as long as I have my Fiios Player and my DAC amp and my in ear Monitors for a long Bus Ride between Cities as I also travel with my band....

Welcome! This certainly can be an expensive hobby.

May 23, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #10,119 of 15,646
New here and here due to reading up a lot of headphones and got the Beoplay H6's thanks to everyones suggestions and apparently love for them. They're not the most comfortable pair but I'm sure I'll grow used to them. The sound is great!

May 23, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #10,122 of 15,646
Hey!

New to this forum and new to how deep the audio rabbit-hole goes! Recently tried the Beyerdynamic Xelento but swapped them our for Campfire Audio Andromedas and I'm loving them but am uncertain about my DAP/DAC to use with them.

Looking forward to checking out more here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back