New Member Introductions thread
May 24, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #10,126 of 15,543
Hi ... Michael, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Found this forum looking for better sound from a mobile device.
Found KZ ZS5 (Gave them away), then ZS6, then EarStudieo ES100's.
Blew out the right earphone form the ZS6's, so I purchased the ZS7's.
I'm looking for more information on the ZS7's as the 'Official' store at AliEx declared to me that the ZS7's were not theirs, they do not sell them as its a a dealer's modification.
Where should I start a thread to further this search for the truth?

May 24, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #10,129 of 15,543
After 12 years, my AKG K701s, bought in 2006, are faltering (I may be able to save them with a new cable). But it's led me to dive back into headphones and now DAPs. In one way, I'm sprinting to catch up knowledge-wise. But it also speaks to the flexibility and awesome sound of AKG equipment. With 62ohm impedance (same as other, current AKGs), I've been able to drive them well with any player, so they gave me no need to look elsewhere for headphones -- for 12 years!

I'm OTG with my laptop now all the time, so along with a DAP and new open-backed headphones, I'm looking at IEMs.

May 24, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #10,130 of 15,543
Hi there, I'm from Spain and new in headfi.org. I've been reading the forum for a while and I have finally decided to register.

I own a pair of se846 which I feed from a lg v30. I have also owned a pair of Beyer t5p.

I listen to a big variety of genres, from modern classical to metal, I love Nine Inch Nails, St. Vincent, the Cinematic Orchestra, Queens of the Stone age, Radiohead,. Muse or Lianne La Havas for example.

I'm interested in getting a new pair of cans and DAC-amp. Hugo2 + clears or hd800s? Time will tell... Just saving money for the investment.

Nice to be here. Cheers.

May 25, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #10,133 of 15,543
Hi, thank you very much to all the community that are active in this forum, my name is Alejandro, im from Mexico city, and i hope to contribute as much as i can for keeping this community growing
Welcome Alejandro you are more than welcome here as all are.

May 25, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #10,135 of 15,543
May 25, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #10,138 of 15,543
I’m Paul,

I forgot how GOOD music / “pretty noises” can be for my brain processing - now I’m back into IEMs at work to ‘relieve stress’. It also makes people think twice before interrupting!

Currently on K10Us (and too many $$ in tips) after a quick stop at Fender’s entry IEM. Looking forward to trying some TOTL (or TOTL-sounding) hybrids.. also waiting on FiiO’s Q5s.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #10,140 of 15,543
Happy to be joining fellow sound addicts. My over ears are seinhiser 800s. Headphone amp is ifi idsd black lable. Now trying to decide which iem? Campfire audio Atlas or the IMR R1 Zenith? Very different prices. Wondering if the Atlas is that much better? Also if the soundstage is bigger on the Zenith?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back