New Member Introductions thread
Apr 9, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #9,841 of 15,543
Apr 9, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #9,842 of 15,543
Hello everyone, I am a new user and wanted to introduce myself. First of all apologize because I do not write well in English and I'll have to use the google translator :). I am 39 years old, I am from Madrid (Spain) and I am a music lover since I was a child. I've always had modest audio equipment and I like all kinds of music except reggaeton and electronica, and most of all I love rock, blues and pop. Currently my desktop computer consists of the following chain: laptop lenovo - dac topping d10 - integrated amplifier sony TA-FE230 - Lausseq speakers - Audiotechnica M-40x headphones. I will be here to learn, share experiences, etc ... Greetings, comrades.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #9,845 of 15,543
Hey everyone,

Just made an account today even though I used to have an account I used years ago but I couldn't recover it. I have been lurking for years since then lol.
Well welcome back then.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #9,847 of 15,543
Welcome aboard, @moqsu!! How are things in the Rocket City? I lived in Nashville for 7 years and got to the Huntsville Marathon once. It was cold but fun. Anyhow, nice to have you with us and enjoy! :)
Not sure how long ago you ran the Rocket City Marathon but this place has gotten much larger in the last few years...or decade...starting to get old I guess. Still not big enough to have any decent hifi stores but most places aren’t!

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #9,848 of 15,543
Not sure how long ago you ran the Rocket City Marathon but this place has gotten much larger in the last few years...or decade...starting to get old I guess. Still not big enough to have any decent hifi stores but most places aren’t!
It's been many years. How are the shops in Birmingham? Nashville had some decent ones. I guess that makes sense with the large music industry presence there.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #9,852 of 15,543
Hi everyone my name is Grant and I'm new to the head-fi community. I don't have any hifi headphones/gear yet but I do have some nice speakers at home (Bowers & Wilkins 700 series). I never really thought about high quality music until I picked up these B&W speakers from Best Buy a few months ago (and wow they're amazing). I'm looking forward to getting into headphones and thinking about starting out with a pair of Sony Z1R's to use at my office (I work at a computer all day long). Not sure what amp/dac I should think about pairing them with but I'm sure with more research I'll come to a conclusion.

- Grant
Welcome aboard, Grant! You might look at the Chord line of products. It is possible one could work for you. Good luck! :)

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #9,853 of 15,543
Hello everyone, I am a new user and wanted to introduce myself. First of all apologize because I do not write well in English and I'll have to use the google translator :). I am 39 years old, I am from Madrid (Spain) and I am a music lover since I was a child. I've always had modest audio equipment and I like all kinds of music except reggaeton and electronica, and most of all I love rock, blues and pop. Currently my desktop computer consists of the following chain: laptop lenovo - dac topping d10 - integrated amplifier sony TA-FE230 - Lausseq speakers - Audiotechnica M-40x headphones. I will be here to learn, share experiences, etc ... Greetings, comrades.
Welcome, @pepodenata!! Have fun! :)

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #9,854 of 15,543
Hi everyone. Same story as most lol... Was a lurker then subscribed.
My current gear consist of a Sony MDR-XB550 and yes ... I fear for my wallet. :joy:

Hi everyone. Same story as most lol... Was a lurker then subscribed.
My current gear consist of a Sony MDR-XB550 and yes ... I fear for my wallet. :joy:
Glad you decided to convert from a lurker to a member, @joazinch. Welcome!!

Apr 10, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #9,855 of 15,543
Hello Head-fi,

I'm a 35 year old advertising professional living in NYC and I'm a (hi-fi) addict. Also a huge tech nerd and PC/console gamer.

Current gear: ad700x, hd660s, hd800s, aune x7s, topping d50, topping a30 + burson v5i, creative g6, and aune s6 pro.

Incoming upgrades ( because I need my fix, man): aune S7 pro and lcd-2c

Music: hip hop, indie, dream pop, electronic, and some hard rock.

I've been lurking for some time but figured I'd join and ask questions that more knowledgeable folks can answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back