New Member Introductions thread
Apr 3, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #9,811 of 15,537
Oh, I'm keeping the HD 800S .. it's the how to say, what I think most gage other headphones by, The Standard per se and I do quite like them. I buy / sell .. try new or different products all the time .. The ATH-ADX5000 have had my curiosity for some time. Thanks for the insight .. one day, I'm sure :)

Apr 4, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #9,813 of 15,537
Hi all, I have recently rekindled my love for good music and found head-fi very useful in deciding where to make the best investments on a limited budget, head-fi seems to support all end of 5he spectrum, nice.

Currently settling on using my phone (Nokia 7 plus) using an otg cable into a Cyrus Soundkey then finishing the trip through an SMSL T2 which I just upgraded with mullard e180f’s.

I realize this is a very low end investment but I am really enjoying it.

Look forward to reading more interesting stuff on the site in the months to come and slowly upgrade my audiophile experience as budget facilitates as I spend a lot of time these days listening to music as tv is so rubbish.

Any advice welcome please.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #9,815 of 15,537
Hi all, I have recently rekindled my love for good music and found head-fi very useful in deciding where to make the best investments on a limited budget, head-fi seems to support all end of 5he spectrum, nice.

Currently settling on using my phone (Nokia 7 plus) using an otg cable into a Cyrus Soundkey then finishing the trip through an SMSL T2 which I just upgraded with mullard e180f’s.

I realize this is a very low end investment but I am really enjoying it.

Look forward to reading more interesting stuff on the site in the months to come and slowly upgrade my audiophile experience as budget facilitates as I spend a lot of time these days listening to music as tv is so rubbish.

Any advice welcome please.
Welcome, @Palartemis! What information specifically were you looking for?

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #9,816 of 15,537
Hi there everyone,

I am by no means an audiophile; but is dying to learn more to make better buying decision for my next headphone.

I have a Mater Dynamics MW40 and a DragonFly Red to listen to Tidal and my local flac files.

I have been reading some of the threads on this forum; now decided to join in the conversation to ask and learn a bit more.

Thx
Kem

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #9,817 of 15,537
Hi there everyone,

I am by no means an audiophile; but is dying to learn more to make better buying decision for my next headphone.

I have a Mater Dynamics MW40 and a DragonFly Red to listen to Tidal and my local flac files.

I have been reading some of the threads on this forum; now decided to join in the conversation to ask and learn a bit more.

Thx
Kem
Welcome, Kem!! :)

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #9,818 of 15,537
Apr 5, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #9,822 of 15,537
Welcome all new headfiers,

Hope you have lots of fun & learn things !

Apologies to your wallet in advance !

Hope everyone has a great day !

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #9,823 of 15,537
I probably should have done this long ago...but better late than never I guess. I've had audiophile tendencies my whole life but never got serious about buying nice gear until very recently. At the beginning of this year I decided I wanted a nice TOTL set of "all arounder" IEMs and a quality DAP. After a few adventures, and a couple misadventures I stumbled upon Campfire Audio and have fallen in love with their lineup, quality and overall philosophy. I'm currently happy with the Solaris and a Sony ZX300 DAP that I'm hoping will be my "endgame"...at least for a while. All the best to everyone.
56461072_10161724753465654_2173596185871253504_n.jpg

20190405_170357.jpg

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #9,825 of 15,537
Hey all,

I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post. I have been a music lover for most of my life, but didn't discover the audiophile and high end gear side of music appreciation until pretty recently. Obviously, I knew it existed to some extent, but I never realized how much money you can spend on a set of IEMs until relatively recently. Here's to everyone finding their endgame and a cure for upgraditis!

Best wishes,
Moqsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back