New Member Introductions thread
Apr 1, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #9,786 of 15,519
Thanks! I started off big with an LCD-3, and just switched for the Ether 2. Oh man do I miss the LCD-3 sound though!
Two totally different headphones. Love the highs on the Ether 2 and bass of the LCD’s .

Apr 1, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #9,788 of 15,519
I know. I'm thinking of going back... The only downside to the LCD's were the weight. I had the originals, and the headband put pressure on the top of my head. Does the updated suspension headband alleviate that at all?
Well can’t say as I don’t have either but have have heard them and damn the Ether2 just so light. I myself don’t have much of a problem with heavy headphones . I have the LCD-4z and LCD-2 Closed backs on loan from Audeze and have to say I like the steel over the Carbon Fiber as I know I can bend the steel a bit and to me the carbon fiber has a bit too much clamp. The 4z is just a great headphone though . If it had the sparkle in the highs that my Ether-C’s have it would be awesome and I might be done but how much fun would that be.

Apr 1, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #9,789 of 15,519
Hello, I'm Aikis from Montreal, Canada. I have been following the forums here for a long time. I got some great information here for my purchases. Both for Cans and amps and dacs.
My current gear is sennheiser HD, hd-280, momentum 2 on ear, px100 for the gym,
Grado Sr80 and B&W C5 s2 for plane travel.
Portable dac/amp AK SR15 Norma
Home System Cayin Idac6 and iha6.

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #9,790 of 15,519
G'Day Nicke, what can's you rocking at the moment and what are your future can's you're hoping to try out!

Welcome aboard, sorry for your wallet!
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Very basic MH752's. Yeah, I know.

Lcd-X is favourable due to its "easy to drive" spec. (For my use cases).

Flexible.

Although, this late in the release cycle and with the newer competition, there's probably a "revision" due soon?

And if one is going to drop AUD $1600, you really want your 'endgame' to not be superceded 6 months later

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #9,791 of 15,519
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Very basic MH752's. Yeah, I know.

Lcd-X is favourable due to its "easy to drive" spec. (For my use cases).

Flexible.

Although, this late in the release cycle and with the newer competition, there's probably a "revision" due soon?

And if one is going to drop AUD $1600, you really want your 'endgame' to not be superceded 6 months later
Don't worry about endgame - Look at it like a smorgasbord! Take your time and try a bit of everything! :D

When you've tasted everything, you'll know what you like and can settle down on that! :D

Although, I usually see a few LCD2's on the used-market down here!

GLHF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back