New Member Introductions thread
Mar 26, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #9,752 of 15,537
Hi Folks !

I was sort of 'in active' here as well as IRL (using my floor standing speakers instead of any headphone/earphone setup). Its now time to get back as I now need to go 'discreet' (kids, mine :p), can't use speakers at all.
Right now I have my PC or iPad as source, a Chinese WM8740 based DAC (which I'm modding), Yamaha AS-500 integrated amp as my headphone amp and the Apple earphones for music and games.

SO, its good to be back !

Mar 26, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #9,754 of 15,537
Hello from London.

Been here a fair few times over the last year as I look at reviews and opinions online, so thought it was time to sign up and contribute. I've always been a lover of good sounding audio and after buying my first audiophile headphones I was hooked on hearing difference equipment to understand the differences and better understand the terms I kept hearing like Dynamic Range, Soundstage and Imaging.

I just wish i could afford some better quality equipment. Currently:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 80Ohm - AKG K550 - Sennheiser HD650 - HifiMan HE-4xx Preordered: Verum One

DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 6th - SMSL M7 (Dac / Amp) - FIIO E17k

Amps: Little Dot MK1 and MKII - SMSL SAP II

Bluetooth: Sony WI-1000x - Sony MDR-ZX770BT

I also have a graveyard of old headphones from the likes of Sony, Shure and Monster that are mostly (now) collecting dust.

(You don't quite realise how much you have until you list it :triportsad:)

Anyways, will see some of you at CanJam London :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #9,755 of 15,537
Hello from London.

Been here a fair few times over the last year as I look at reviews and opinions online, so thought it was time to sign up and contribute. I've always been a lover of good sounding audio and after buying my first audiophile headphones I was hooked on hearing difference equipment to understand the differences and better understand the terms I kept hearing like Dynamic Range, Soundstage and Imaging.

I just wish I could afford some better quality equipment. Currently:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 80Ohm - AKG K550 - Sennheiser HD650 - HifiMan HE-4xx Preordered: Verum One

DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 6th - SMSL M7 (Dac / Amp) - FIIO E17k

Amps: Little Dot MK1 and MKII - SMSL SAP II

Bluetooth: Sony WI-1000x - Sony MDR-ZX770BT

I also have a graveyard of old headphones from the likes of Sony, Shure, and Monster that are mostly (now) collecting dust.

(You don't quite realize how much you have until you list it :triportsad:)

Anyways, will see some of you at CanJam London :ksc75smile:

Cheers, Mate! You have some wonderful gear there. I am the Affordable Audiophile, so I value the sound more than the price-tag:ksc75smile:. Welcome. I am not seeing anything in your roster to be ashamed of. If it sounds good, that is all that matters. I recently upgraded from a Vali 2 to a Valhalla OTL Tube amp, and a pair of 6XX HPs, and have found Audio Nirvana with a Schiit Modi MB as my source.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #9,756 of 15,537
Helloo.. Thanks for your reply.. Yeah, as much as I love the look and the imagined sound of the high end kit it'll be a dream for a long while yet.. :dt880smile:

I'm still happy with what I have though, still many hours of audio to listen to before i can call myself any kinda of Audiophile. Starting with finding more High Quality files methinks.. 192kbps mp3s just don't cut it for most genres now.. :L3000:

Mar 26, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #9,757 of 15,537
Helloo.. Thanks for your reply.. Yeah, as much as I love the look and the imagined sound of the high-end kit it'll be a dream for a long while yet.. :dt880smile:

I'm still happy with what I have though, still many hours of audio to listen to before I can call myself any kinda Audiophile. Starting with finding more High-Quality files methinks.. 192kbps mp3s just don't cut it for most genres now.. :L3000:

An Audiophile is a person who loves Music and wants to hear it in the best way possible.
I hereby confer that title upon you... (It isn't an MBE from Her Majesty, but you deserve it, for having figured out that MP3-192 can be improved upon)
Actually, I was listening to some MP3-192 Jazz last night, and maybe my ears aren't up to the task, but the Music sounded good to me.
(Thankfully I can say that, as my Jazz friend ripped his entire CD collection to that--He didn't understand the difference between 24/192, and MP3-192, Oh Well...) but Jazz may be more forgiving than Classical or Vocalists...

Always nice to see new friends on Head-fi.

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #9,759 of 15,537
Hello! My first post here.I love this forum and for some reasons now i decided to sign.I'm from Italy,my name is Francesco and my setup is Astell & Kern Norma sr15 and Hiby r3 Billie Jean,Klipsch and 1More Triple driver IEMs and vivo nex for running in music!I will post an information about vivo nex for all interested people in this smartphone.
Sorry for my English and greetings to all from Italy !

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #9,763 of 15,537
Hello! My first post here.I love this forum and for some reasons now i decided to sign.I'm from Italy,my name is Francesco and my setup is Astell & Kern Norma sr15 and Hiby r3 Billie Jean,Klipsch and 1More Triple driver IEMs and vivo nex for running in music!I will post an information about vivo nex for all interested people in this smartphone.
Sorry for my English and greetings to all from Italy !

Welcome @Nomzamo,

Nice gear you have !

Your English is more than fine.

Apologies to your wallet in advance !

Hope you have a great day !

Mar 27, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #9,764 of 15,537
Hey guys, I am new here, I am interested in IEM. Just wanted to say hi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back