New Member Introductions thread
Jul 17, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #8,222 of 15,523
Greetings all!

A long time appreciator of the audiophile community but have always been very shy about joining the discussions until now. My audiophile knowledge is basic at best, and I'd love to improve on it by being more active here. My first set of cans was the Grado SR80 so many years ago, and currently spreading my listening time with my HD6XX and Ultrasone DXP (love them both!).

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #8,224 of 15,523
Yes! Asked for a recommendation, got one within an hour or two, read and watched a couple of reviews, ordered the headphones....WHAM-BANG-BOOM! Perfect!
They're so cute when they start out!

See you on the other side :D

@marku1350 @thedanadamsusa @Tangles @devnull1 :wave: Welcome All! Looks like we got 3 guys and an undecided. First one to get an avatar loaded wins! Mark's disqualified though for being overzealous : }

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #8,228 of 15,523
@ForgotPants You make it seem like this No-Pants thing is affecting your acceptance into society lol

You may have overlooked one important 'rule' - NO PANTS NO POSTS

Welcome anyway : ) @floro7979 you too. You just didn't give me an in : }

Life is hard when you're without pants! About that rule, I won't tell anyone if you don't :D

Jul 18, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #8,229 of 15,523
Hello all,

Newly registered user here, but have lurked for a couple of years now and decided it was finally time to join in some discussions My preferences are IEMs with an emphasis on bass. I currently own Aurisonics ASG 2.0, iBasso IT03, Fiio FH1, TFZ exclusive 3, & ATH-M50x (I use my LG V20 with Fiio Q1 Mark II for my portable set up). :)

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #8,230 of 15,523
Hello all,

Newly registered user here, but have lurked for a couple of years now and decided it was finally time to join in some discussions My preferences are IEMs with an emphasis on bass. I currently own Aurisonics ASG 2.0, iBasso IT03, Fiio FH1, TFZ exclusive 3, & ATH-M50x (I use my LG V20 with Fiio Q1 Mark II for my portable set up). :)
Welcome aboard, @TheNetwork777!! Nice to see you are no longer just a lurker...:)

Jul 20, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #8,232 of 15,523
Hi Head-Fiers!

Please welcome ye olde ears as addition to this marvellous site. Being a long time reader I decided to join the party now. Audiophile since decades and in so far crazy like everyone else here I have been adding up mobile stuff to my Tannoy, Naim, Meridian etc. big guns. Enjoying on and over ears like Denon AH-D7200, Audioquest Nighthawk, ZMF Auteur, DACs like April Eximus DP-1, ifi Nano and Micro, Resonnessence Labs Herus+, headphone tube amps like Yamamoto HA-03 and Analog Squared Paper TU-5, and an ever growing number of IEMs. Hopefully sometime in future I'll be able to stop this never ending voyage for audiophile Nirvana. But who knows? There is still so much to discover – for example my new baby on the go, the iBasso DX200 with AMP8, wow…

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #8,233 of 15,523
Hi Head-Fiers!

Please welcome ye olde ears as addition to this marvellous site. Being a long time reader I decided to join the party now. Audiophile since decades and in so far crazy like everyone else here I have been adding up mobile stuff to my Tannoy, Naim, Meridian etc. big guns. Enjoying on and over ears like Denon AH-D7200, Audioquest Nighthawk, ZMF Auteur, DACs like April Eximus DP-1, ifi Nano and Micro, Resonnessence Labs Herus+, headphone tube amps like Yamamoto HA-03 and Analog Squared Paper TU-5, and an ever growing number of IEMs. Hopefully sometime in future I'll be able to stop this never ending voyage for audiophile Nirvana. But who knows? There is still so much to discover – for example my new baby on the go, the iBasso DX200 with AMP8, wow…
Welcome aboard, @DuesenEar!! That is some nice gear you have got. Sorry about your wallet! :)

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #8,234 of 15,523
Hi all,

Just dropping by to say hi.

I’m new, I just lost my pair of Westone um3xr that I’ve had for 10 years. I really liked them although I could have done with a bit more bass and a wider sound stage.

As they are musician iems you feel like you are sitting in the music rather than viewing it so really looking forward to my next purchase.

So far the short list is

A&k Billie Jean - very interested in these but can’t find many decent reviews of them

Westone w30

Shure SE535 Ltd - an obvious one

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers all!

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #8,235 of 15,523
Hi I should have joined this place a long time ago. I listen to headphones every day for almost 8 hours a day at least. Right now i am using Sennheiser HD 555's but I just picked up a very nice pair of vintage Pioneer's. They sound pretty nice but they are kind of heavy. They do look great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back