New Member Introductions thread
Jan 7, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #7,112 of 15,538
I do a mix ha. I have a hard case that I always put my best headphone back into when I am done listening. I don't want the headphone to get dinged up or even get dust on them (it would be totally fine to leave out, I just want the added protection). I also bought a super cheap banana hook that I can hang headphones from. That way they are off of my desk and out of range of being knocked off the desk.

It all depends on how well they are built in the first place, and how likely you are too knock it off of where you normally listen!

Thanks for your tips!

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #7,115 of 15,538
Hey everyone! Just newly registered but I have been reading in the forums for about two months now. I just started getting into IEMs and found the threads here very useful. I have a pair of KZ ZS3 and KZ ATR as my very first IEMs, and have 2 more coming in. :)

Nice to meet you all!

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #7,120 of 15,538
Hi all,

I'm Phil, the proud owner of a pair of Sennheiser HD 800s cans, which I have owned for nearly a year. I recently acquired a HDV 820 DAC/amp, which (I believe) has brought out the best in the HD 800s.

I have a technical background and like to explore the edge of the performance envelope.

I'm into day 3 of experimenting with my HDV 820, and I'm enjoying cutting through the marketing and golden ear hype in the quest for building the ideal rig to feed the DAC/headphone combination.

I am evaluating multiple playback options on Linux, OS X, and Windows using both ASIO and native USB drivers in the quest to find a combination that best supports both PCM and DSD playback on the HDV 820.

Being involved in R&D, I like evidence based conclusions, and will be studiously avoiding confirmation bias in my journey.

If I navigate successfully through the anti-spam hoops, I may even start a thread chronicling my journey. :wink:

Regards.

Phil

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #7,124 of 15,538
Hello all,
I was living happily and contentedly with a Schiit stack (Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber) and a pair of HiFiMan He400i cans for almost two years before I decided to make a big upgrade last summer. Did a lot of research here and in other places before I jumped on a good deal for some LCD-X's and eventually paired those with a Gustard A20H amp/dac unit. I thought I was in good shape with my initial setup but my mind was pretty much blown by the sonic improvements my new rig brought me. Not having heard much high end gear before, all I could do for the first 5 minutes of listening was say "wow" over and over again because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The spark was lit and I've been chasing the dragon ever since!

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #7,125 of 15,538
Hi everyone:
I am purchased my first full headphones, the Massdrop HD6XX. Looking forward to delivery the end of March! I like the enthusiasm I see here on Head Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back