New Member Introductions thread
Oct 25, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #6,706 of 15,533
Hi everyone, I'm entirely new to this forum, as well as to audio. Currently having some dilemma as to what setup to buy, but I don't think I can create a new thread hmm..
You might just need some more posts before it allows you to create one... there are a lot of threads on here that don't even deal with specific headphones that you would be able to post in. type in "movies" or "gaming" into the search bar and you will get fun topics that will bring your posts up.

Oct 25, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #6,707 of 15,533
You might just need some more posts before it allows you to create one... there are a lot of threads on here that don't even deal with specific headphones that you would be able to post in. type in "movies" or "gaming" into the search bar and you will get fun topics that will bring your posts up.
Oh wow thanks for the tips! I'll definitely do that. Guess I'll start getting active!

Oct 25, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #6,708 of 15,533
Oh wow thanks for the tips! I'll definitely do that. Guess I'll start getting active!
no prob. I think most new members don't realize how vast this site is ha (I know I sure didn't when I first started...). Headfi can be a place just for more information, or to a large group of us, a fun community. Spend some time and you'll see what you want out of it :)

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #6,711 of 15,533
Hey everyone :)

Obviously, new dude here. I joined today after deciding that I wanted to get into headphones and headphone amps. Being a librarian, I am predisposed to doing tons of research and a lot of the information I was finding was coming from here, so it seemed to make sense to join.

Hoping to learning a couple of things from people who are really into headphones and the like.

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #6,712 of 15,533
Hi Folks; only joined this forum since I was having trouble with my mp3 player. I positively hate iPods, just can't figure out how to manage the files, apart from not being impressed with the corportate attitudes of Apple (I refuse to buy any Apple products)
I have a Ruizu X02 and two Sony players; love the sound quality in the Sony units, but space is a bit limited. Been using the Ruizu while I'm travelling in kayaks (not on the water , of course, in case I get dunked) and when camping. Very impressed with how versatile they are -- all these non-Apple units are so simple to manage files using my computer and Windows Explorer. I have a wide variey of earbuds, but impressed with Xiaoami right now
Problem with the Ruizu -- all of a sudden I can't get it to be recognised when I plug into the computer to download my podcasts. Any suggestions? I've tried it on 3 computers and none of them register it's presence.

Oct 26, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #6,713 of 15,533
no prob. I think most new members don't realize how vast this site is ha (I know I sure didn't when I first started...). Headfi can be a place just for more information, or to a large group of us, a fun community. Spend some time and you'll see what you want out of it :)
Yeah. TBH I think most people came here for the audio, but only after do they realise that there are much more mini-communities around. But I guess thats how most big forums started off as well.

Oct 26, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #6,714 of 15,533
Hello! First post of longtime lurker here! I don't own any particular setup, except for PC with Audigy FX :) and bunch of headphones, but waiting for my first headamp, which is of course very cheap. So I will post my impressions, ASAP.

Oct 27, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #6,717 of 15,533
Hello,

New member from Colorado. Took a 15yr break from the audio community and found myself coming back. I spent my younger years as a radio technician in the Marines and built high end car audio systems on the side. I enjoy tube amps and modding everything to the point of obsession.

Current Setups
Work: Schiit Fulla 2, KZ ZST, and Meizu HD50
Home: Monoprice Tube Headphone amp, Modded Audio Technica ATH-AD900

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #6,718 of 15,533
Thank you for letting me join. I found a lot of useful information here in making my first 'serious' headphone purchase. Needed something for the office environment. And iPhone earbuds just weren't it. Thanks to this site and others I've a satisfactory setup for now and will be looking for more audiophile oriented equipment in the future.

Sennheiser HD 579 open back headphones
Topping NX4 headphone amp/DAC
Both for my iPod touch

Cy

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #6,719 of 15,533
Hello! My constant search for quality headphones brought me here for advice, so thought I'd join. I love music, but my budget does not allow for much, so I own a set of Shure SE112s which I'm pretty happy with. Used to own Sony XBA-2IPs, which I'd found for something like 30 euros at the time, but I think the SE112s blow them away for half the original price... That's pretty much my history with headphones, although I'm trying to expand it with a new set of over-ears; I even posted a separate thread, hope to see you there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back