New Member Introductions thread
Oct 21, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #6,676 of 15,418
Hey guys, figured it was about time to start using the forums instead of lurking.

Headphone history: Various gaming headsets > Beyer 880's 600‎Ω > Beyer T1's > Stax 3100 > Beyer 770's 80‎Ω. Currently have the T1's, the Stax, and the 770s. But I'm considering selling the T1's because to me they really don't matter when there are Stax. And definitely selling the 3100 set so I can buy a 007 MkII, but sadly don't have a ton of budget for an amp. Ironically, I'm almost always browsing the threads about the top-tier electrostat amps whenever I have free time.

Anyways, see you around.

Oct 21, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #6,678 of 15,418
Hello everyone,

Have been lurking on this forum for a real long time.
You guys have provided me with a lot of perspective on all the headphones and earphones I have purchased over the past 5 years.
Currently in search of a new setup to take my listening experience to the next level.

Thanks for letting me be apart of this community.

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #6,680 of 15,418
Hello, Head-Fi! Glad to join this community. Got into headphones about 2 months ago and it's been such an awesome (but expensive!) ride! I've bought a good amount of equipment but, ironically, I ended up sticking with my first device (SMSL AD18 DAC/AMP combo), which is perfect for my setup which is focused on Gaming.

I look forward to contributing what I can, learning a lot more, and being part of the community!

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #6,681 of 15,418
What's up guys! My name is Steven and and I'm really glad to join this wonderful community. I've been visiting and seeking advice from the forum for some time and now finally decided to join. I am already experienced in audio equipment and owned several dozen pairs of headphones and amps ranging from fifty bucks to two thousand. My personal favorite music genres are blues and souls, but I listen to a LOT of music and a very diverse group of music, as I write music commentaries for magazines.

I am looking forward to contributing what I know and learning a lot from you guys at the same time. Cheers!

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #6,684 of 15,418
Hello everyone. I’m Matt. I’ve been lurking for a little while. Thanks for this community and for sharing your knowledge of all things audio. My goal, or mission, is to learn more about portable digital audio so that I can make my music listening experience as thrilling as it once was. It’s become apparent that the thrill can be costly, but it’s really cool to see so many people coming together for a shared passion. One day I’d like to attend an expo, convention, show, or local gathering. Thanks again.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #6,685 of 15,418
Hey, my name's Brian, I have recently been getting into audio and I think now would be a good time to make an account. I went to RMAF and was amazed by some of the setups there and decided to start a collection of my own.

So far I'm set up with ie800, Fostex th-x00 ebony (thanks @Galm !) and a Chord Mojo. Looking for a desktop amp and possibly a phono setup right now, I'll be sure to post over in the recommendation threads soon.

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #6,686 of 15,418
Hi all, thought I'd start my Head-Fi journey here. I blame my coworker for sending me here. I also blame Massdrop for their tantalizing "buy now or forever hold your peace" business model. I'm an incurable nerd that has to deep-dive into anything I start getting into, so here I am! Looking forward to a wonderful future of full sound and empty wallet.

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #6,688 of 15,418
Hello, Elric here,
seems like a good group.
I have been in the industry about 4 years now working at the reference level as a manufacturing and fabrication tech.
Just started digging through the information, and it looks like it will take a little while!-)

Look forward to learning more and sharing what I can.
Building high end speaker systems is a fun as working at Intel when it was still ran like a mom and pop company!

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #6,690 of 15,418
Hey everyone, long time lurker here. I was mostly a 2 channel guy but after moving to Tokyo in these apartments with no space had to give them up. I did dabble a bit in the portable side (fiio x1, e12) but went back to my iPhone for convenience sake.
Been looking to come back to the fold so I decided to join up instead of just lurking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back