New Member Introductions thread
Jul 18, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #6,065 of 15,595
She just keeps saying, you can only listen to one at a time...
My wife says you only have one head so I feel you she just rolls her eyes at me. I got her to go to CanJam SoCal this year and she heard the Utopia's from a Liquid Tungsten feed by a Chord Dave and she was about to say that was awesome but instead said that wasn't good and you do not need that because it would be over $20,000.

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #6,066 of 15,595
My wife says you only have one head so I feel you she just rolls her eyes at me. I got her to go to CanJam SoCal this year and she heard the Utopia's from a Liquid Tungsten feed by a Chord Dave and she was about to say that was awesome but instead said that wasn't good and you do not need that because it would be over $20,000.

Well, for $20,000 I think we can swing it, who needs cars or food anyway

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #6,067 of 15,595
Yo guys this is not the thread to talk about significant others and how they battle with our audio enjoyment.... but this is!

What your significant other said about your audio addiction

I was looking for a fun thread that was all about these funny moments. I didn't see one so I created it. I love hearing these stories from my friends, It usually gives me a good laugh!

Jul 18, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #6,068 of 15,595
Hi everyone,

My name is Kurt, username Arysyn. I've been around Reddit, Disqus on some technological forums, and especially a few mobile/wireless cellular devices/services forums.

A few years ago, I was introduced to Head-Fi by an audio enthusiast friend of mine, who taught me the importance of higher standards in audio. Although I officially registered here some months ago, I haven't posted here until now. I'm mostly a lurker around here reading on the latest audio technology, particularly an interest of mine here is iems/earphones.

I live in the Chicago, Illinois suburbs and would love to go to a CanJam, if there ever is one around here. I cannot travel far, due to my having a severely progressive semi-terminal neuropathic health condition, so unfortunately I won't be able to go to CanJams away from Chicago. However, they seem like great experiences from what I read here.

Currently, I have the HiFiMan Re-800 that is near-perfect/close to my ideal sound signature, which is a flat semi-subbass, mid-bass, and upper-bass regions, slightly elevated in the low-mids region reaching upwards 5db to a flat mid-mids region, then again slightly elevated in the upper-mids reaching upwards 5db to a flat low-treble and mid-treble region, then tampering off in peaks and dips in the high-treble region.

I recently had a frequency response graph drawn for me by a designer showing my sound signature preference. I'll try posting it here :

iemearphone-audio-frequency-response.png

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #6,069 of 15,595
Hi everyone,

I've been visiting Head-Fi for a year now, so I thought I finally create an account and join the fun:grin: Because of Head-Fi, I was able to buy my first pair of legit headphones (V-Moda M100). From there it led to another and another purchase. I am actually deaf, so it's really hard for me to hear music. Because of this, I use amplifiers and eqs. So, I hope this place has suggestions on what equipment I can buy at a decent price (still a college student, so money is an issue).

Have a good day

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #6,070 of 15,595
Hi, I'm Andy.
I am looking for something which may not exist and may not even be possible. There are so-called stereo bluetooth single earphones. I am looking for a pair of bluetooth earphones, a left-hand one carrying the left track only and the right-hand one carrying the right track. They could be universal earphones for both ears with a track selection switch.
Both would connect via bluetooth. You would not need a physical connection ear to ear. Presumably one would get increased battery life from such an arrangement.
Does anyone know if such earphones are available? The switchable option above would lend itself to single ear use when required.
If the above is not possible, what is the reason? I doubt a track switch would add much to the cost and there would be the advantage that a manufacturer would have a single product which could sell singly or as a pair.
I have literally no idea what you are asking for ha (not being mean at all btw.) Are you asking for a balanced set of in ears? Where the right channel is not mixed with the left?

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #6,072 of 15,595
Hello, everyone!! I'm a newbie here, although I have been a frequent visitor of Head-Fi for about a year. I recently bought Hugo 2 and a couple of HPs (Utopia and HEK v2) and decided to join the party!!

Jul 18, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #6,073 of 15,595
Hey guys, noob here. I have several pairs of relatively inexpensive headphones and am looking to buy some more expensive (for me) ones. Currently I have Sennheiser HD380 Pro, Sennheiser 598 Cs, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, and Massdrop/AKG 7XX. The DT770 is currently my favorite and the 7XX my least favorite.

Now I am looking into getting a pair around or under $1000 -- maybe Fostex TH-900, or Audeze LCD-2 or -X, or Focal Elnear, or the MrSpeakers Aeon (not sure what yet, it's really hard to decide).

Jul 18, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #6,074 of 15,595
Hi everyone,

My name is Kurt, username Arysyn. I've been around Reddit, Disqus on some technological forums, and especially a few mobile/wireless cellular devices/services forums.

A few years ago, I was introduced to Head-Fi by an audio enthusiast friend of mine, who taught me the importance of higher standards in audio. Although I officially registered here some months ago, I haven't posted here until now. I'm mostly a lurker around here reading on the latest audio technology, particularly an interest of mine here is iems/earphones.

I live in the Chicago, Illinois suburbs and would love to go to a CanJam, if there ever is one around here. I cannot travel far, due to my having a severely progressive semi-terminal neuropathic health condition, so unfortunately I won't be able to go to CanJams away from Chicago. However, they seem like great experiences from what I read here.

Currently, I have the HiFiMan Re-800 that is near-perfect/close to my ideal sound signature, which is a flat semi-subbass, mid-bass, and upper-bass regions, slightly elevated in the low-mids region reaching upwards 5db to a flat mid-mids region, then again slightly elevated in the upper-mids reaching upwards 5db to a flat low-treble and mid-treble region, then tampering off in peaks and dips in the high-treble region.

I recently had a frequency response graph drawn for me by a designer showing my sound signature preference. I'll try posting it here :

Just a heads up for you as there are meets in the Chicago area I think they do it twice a year. Not a lot of earphones but a lot of great gear . Just something to look out for.

Jul 18, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #6,075 of 15,595
Hey guys, noob here. I have several pairs of relatively inexpensive headphones and am looking to buy some more expensive (for me) ones. Currently I have Sennheiser HD380 Pro, Sennheiser 598 Cs, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, and Massdrop/AKG 7XX. The DT770 is currently my favorite and the 7XX my least favorite.

Now I am looking into getting a pair around or under $1000 -- maybe Fostex TH-900, or Audeze LCD-2 or -X, or Focal Elnear, or the MrSpeakers Aeon (not sure what yet, it's really hard to decide).
Your best bet to get recommendations on new headphones is to start a thread in the help and recommendations thread. You'll get more looks there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back