New Member Introductions thread
Jul 4, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #5,972 of 15,590
Hi to all fellow head-fiers!

Have been following you for a while, its been really great to find all these opinions and views, as also great advice and knowledge. By following several threads, I started 3 years ago my own attempt, with an Ifi Micro iDSD and a pair of Focal Spirit Classic. I really can not tell if I got hit by consumitis, however I feel that mostly my phones are not covering my needs and my taste, so I already began my lurking through the threads again.
I mostly enjoy prog, post rock and metal, big band and some jazzy fusion maybe. See you around!

Michael

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #5,975 of 15,590
New member writing first post.. listen to LCD2 fed by Mjolnir 2 and Oppo 95, all balanced. At 53 I have most of the old music I love( Bowie, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Kraftwerk, Eno), and now explore new to me music. Most recently Porcupine Tree and Joanna Newsome. Put new tubes in the M2, National Matsushito, and it took a week for them to sound good, a month to sound REALLY good. I use the M2 as a pre as well. 30 minutes of warm up and everything sounds right. Hello to all! Except you..

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #5,976 of 15,590
Hello all! I joined because of some interest in tube rolling and learning more about the bottomless pit that is headphone audio gear.

I currently own an O2/ODAC and a Schiit Fulla 2, with a used DV 336SE on the way.
My cans include the BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm, with removable cable mod; as well as the ATH-A990X's. I also have a used pair of HD 650s in the mail, scheduled to arrive home by the end of the week!

Jul 5, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #5,977 of 15,590
Hello,

I've been reading these forums for a while and figured I should join. I started working in the audiophile industry about a year ago and hope that this community helps me understand more about all of this. I have a Sennheiser HD800S and a Schiit Jotunhiem with a couple of upgrade cables used for testing.

Jul 5, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #5,978 of 15,590
Hey Folks,

Quick background: I touched upon the surface of high fidelity back in the 80's. I had a high-end Yamaha amp, tuner, turntable with a Nachamichi CD player, Kef speakersand Stax headphones. This was before Yamaha dropped in quality and aimed primarily towards the consumer market and apparently Nachamichi has dropped out of the race as well. I sold my gear for practical reasons and never replaced it.

I have come here hoping to upgrade my computer sourced audio experience.

Currently use a pair of Sennheiser HD 580's and HD600's.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #5,979 of 15,590
I've been lurking and learning here for a few years and realized I was missing out by not joining and participating. This equipment hobby has ramped up big time for me lately and the pain in the wallet area is growing .....

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #5,981 of 15,590
Hey Folks,

Quick background: I touched upon the surface of high fidelity back in the 80's. I had a high-end Yamaha amp, tuner, turntable with a Nachamichi CD player, Kef speakersand Stax headphones. This was before Yamaha dropped in quality and aimed primarily towards the consumer market and apparently Nachamichi has dropped out of the race as well. I sold my gear for practical reasons and never replaced it.

I have come here hoping to upgrade my computer sourced audio experience.

Currently use a pair of Sennheiser HD 580's and HD600's.
Welcome, @o0Ampy0o!! Glad you are back in the game, even though it's going to suck for your pocketbook... ---)

Jul 6, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #5,984 of 15,590
Hey guys. I'm Brandon.

I was a new member in 2012, but I don't visit this forum very often. It's been about 5 years, heh.

I'm an engineering Ph.D student that researches power and water infrastructure. I enjoy music. I'm not a huge audiophile, but I appreciate quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back