New Member Introductions thread
Jun 16, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #5,851 of 15,601
Hello everybody, after lurking for some time I've decided to sign in. I wouldn't call me an audiophile (also because I'm a college student and as such on a tight budget), but simply a guy who likes listening to music a lot on his budget level gear. My favourite genre is metal, esp. the more extreme subgenres, but I don't dislike rock, epic (TSFH) and vocal/acoustic.
As for now I'm quite happy with my gear, but I'm thinking of upgrading from my old Sony NWZ-E463, since the 4gb limit feels like a cage.
Since english is not my first language, I apologize for any possible grammar or spelling mistake (btw feel free to correct me).

Jun 16, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #5,852 of 15,601
Hello everybody, after lurking for some time I've decided to sign in. I wouldn't call me an audiophile (also because I'm a college student and as such on a tight budget), but simply a guy who likes listening to music a lot on his budget level gear. My favourite genre is metal, esp. the more extreme subgenres, but I don't dislike rock, epic (TSFH) and vocal/acoustic.
As for now I'm quite happy with my gear, but I'm thinking of upgrading from my old Sony NWZ-E463, since the 4gb limit feels like a cage.
Since english is not my first language, I apologize for any possible grammar or spelling mistake (btw feel free to correct me).
Welcome, @Qualcheduno! Maybe I missed it, but I didn't detect a single grammatical or spelling error. FWIW. Again, welcome to Head-fi. I am sure you will enjoy it here.

Jun 16, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #5,853 of 15,601
Good morning Head Fi"ers.
First post from me from New Zealand. Going through the upgrade process at the moment and found the comments in many of the threads really helpful.

I'm leaving behind my Cowon D2 which I flashed to d2+ and then rockboxed it. Its been a trusty partner for many years but time to move on. My Shure SE215's have nearly died after 5 years of very hard use - just got a bit of sticky tape holding an earpiece together at the moment. But temporarily replaced with MEE 6 Pro's until my next Shures arrive. I'll be found mainly in those threads but poking a nose in else where to see what else is happening in this world.

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #5,854 of 15,601
Hello! New to Hi-Fi in general, let alone Head-Fi. I'm here to learn about all things headphones as I'm interested in purchasing my first "serious" pair within my budget. I'm traditionally a "bang for your buck" type of consumer. I'm not sure I'd ever spend more than $200 on headphones, but I won't know until I get a taste of a good entry-level pair of cans to see if this hobby hooks me or not?

I listen to all sorts of music. I usually get lost in youtube discovering new music here and there. A general list of what I enjoy are as follows:

David Bowie
Lou Reed
Iggy Pop
Brian Eno
King Crimson
Pink Floyd
The Beach Boys
The Beatles
Harold Budd
Tangerine Dream
Neu!
Kraftwerk
Ultravox
Aphex Twin
Olafur Arnalds
William Basinski
Mike Oldfield
Philip Glass
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Alice In Chains
Joy Division
The Cure
The Smiths
New Order
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Metallica
Slayer
Neil Young
Gordon Lighfoot
John Prine
Kris Kristofferson
Townes Van Zandt
Bob Dylan
Bright Eyes
Simon Joyner ...and the list goes on. Too many to mention really.

50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's radio friendly hits. Even the cheesy one hit wonders float my boat from time-to-time.

So yeah, I hope to learn and enjoy my time here at Head-Fi.

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #5,855 of 15,601
Hello! New to Hi-Fi in general, let alone Head-Fi. I'm here to learn about all things headphones as I'm interested in purchasing my first "serious" pair within my budget. I'm traditionally a "bang for your buck" type of consumer. I'm not sure I'd ever spend more than $200 on headphones, but I won't know until I get a taste of a good entry-level pair of cans to see if this hobby hooks me or not?

I listen to all sorts of music. I usually get lost in youtube discovering new music here and there. A general list of what I enjoy are as follows:

David Bowie
Lou Reed
Iggy Pop
Brian Eno
King Crimson
Pink Floyd
The Beach Boys
The Beatles
Harold Budd
Tangerine Dream
Neu!
Kraftwerk
Ultravox
Aphex Twin
Olafur Arnalds
William Basinski
Mike Oldfield
Philip Glass
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Alice In Chains
Joy Division
The Cure
The Smiths
New Order
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Metallica
Slayer
Neil Young
Gordon Lighfoot
John Prine
Kris Kristofferson
Townes Van Zandt
Bob Dylan
Bright Eyes
Simon Joyner ...and the list goes on. Too many to mention really.

50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's radio friendly hits. Even the cheesy one hit wonders float my boat from time-to-time.

So yeah, I hope to learn and enjoy my time here at Head-Fi.
Wow this is really close to a lot I have also. Usually don't see Eno , Oldfield , Kraftwerk and Slayer in the same post but awesome.

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #5,857 of 15,601
I have an eclectic palette when it comes to music. Nice to know I'm not the only one. :sunglasses:
Just throw in a little Bluegrass and some Funk with my new favorite Griz which is a electronic funk slash I don't know but it is very fun and that is what music is all about enjoyment . Well you didn't have Pere Ubu on the list but I'll over look that:smile:

Jun 16, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #5,858 of 15,601
Just throw in a little Bluegrass and some Funk with my new favorite Griz which is a electronic funk slash I don't know but it is very fun and that is what music is all about enjoyment . Well you didn't have Pere Ubu on the list but I'll over look that:smile:

Sounds good to me! :grin:

But yes, Pere Ubu of course. I enjoy them quite a lot too. Or how about some Captain Beefheart? The Magnetic Fields? Merle Haggard? George Jones? So many I could list but I couldn't possibly do it justice without accidentally omitting some great artists. Or bore everyone to death with my extensive list? :laughing:

Jun 16, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #5,859 of 15,601
Sounds good to me! :grin:

But yes, Pere Ubu of course. I enjoy them quite a lot too. Or how about some Captain Beefheart? The Magnetic Fields? Merle Haggard? George Jones? So many I could list but I couldn't possibly do it justice without accidentally omitting some great artists. Or bore everyone to death with my extensive list? :laughing:
That's just awesome just thought I was the only crazy one here but I'm sure there are many more. Saw King Crimsom in 82 for the Beat tour one of the best shows ever for me .

Jun 16, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #5,861 of 15,601
That's cool. I love KC. Fripp and Lake are some of the most underrated musicians. Hell that whole band is underrated.
This was ver 2 Fripp Tony Levin Adrian Belew and Bill Bruford..

Jun 16, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #5,862 of 15,601
This was ver 2 Fripp Tony Levin Adrian Belew and Bill Bruford..

Noted. Still a fantastic band regardless.

I was 10 years old when I saw Pink Floyd in 1980 during The Wall tour in L.A. with my brother and three of his friends. We flew to L.A. from Nebraska. My uncle was stationed in L.A. at the time, so we crashed at his place. I had to miss some school for the concert, but I was such a big fan of Pink Floyd that my older brother (10 yrs. older) talked my parents into letting me go with him.

My brother played in a cover band since I was 3 yrs. old so I was exposed to a lot of different music growing up. I was 6 years old when I attended my first concert. My brother took me to see Rush during the 2112 tour. And later that year we also saw Kiss. Both gigs were in Kansas City.

Jun 16, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #5,863 of 15,601
Noted. Still a fantastic band regardless.

I was 10 years old when I saw Pink Floyd in 1980 during The Wall tour in L.A. with my brother and three of his friends. We flew to L.A. from Nebraska. My uncle was stationed in L.A. at the time, so we crashed at his place. I had to miss some school for the concert, but I was such a big fan of Pink Floyd that my older brother (10 yrs. older) talked my parents into letting me go with him.

My brother played in a cover band since I was 3 yrs. old so I was exposed to a lot of different music growing up. I was 6 years old when I attended my first concert. My brother took me to see Rush during the 2112 tour. And later that year we also saw Kiss. Both gigs were in Kansas City.
Fantastic. Saw Kiss in 77 or 78 or so and the opening act was a unheard of band AC/DC it was epic in it's loudness and just pure fun. I think we have hijacked this thread long enough. Welcome there is like souls here as you know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back