New Member Introductions thread
Jun 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #5,821 of 15,563
Finally i'm also joining in. I'm dutch and trying to understand what the disscussions are all about. Diy is my biggest hobby. Extreme modding and building weird headphones is my doing. I'd like to share my idears. And maybe with your input build my best headphone ever.

Jun 12, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #5,822 of 15,563
Finally i'm also joining in. I'm dutch and trying to understand what the disscussions are all about. Diy is my biggest hobby. Extreme modding and building weird headphones is my doing. I'd like to share my idears. And maybe with your input build my best headphone ever.
The DIY section is full of that type of discussion many do modding and some are building their own headphones as you are doing even some building their own IEM's so you should find a lot of resources there. Welcome by the way and enjoy your stay here.

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #5,825 of 15,563
Not really a new head-Fier as from last year I´m following from page 1 the funny and interesting forum
Schiit Happen, in addition of the one´s I´m more concerned (Fiio X7 and Final Audio Sonorous VI),
anyway a pleasure to follow very instructives forums, and I joined today to be able to send
private messages and I´m more an audio addict than an audiophilus supremus at this stage...

Jun 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #5,827 of 15,563
Hi All, new member - been a lurker for a while. I just got a hold of 2 sets of HD800S after having owned the HD595, then HD650. These are pretty amazing headphones, even thought they're being driven by a dragonfly red right now. I found an amazing deal on craig's list and had to jump on it. This was after I bought a set on ebay at a great price, so now I have two sets of these amazing headphones, never dreamed of it. I've put one for sale on ebay, hopefully will sell them without losing any money. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you a link to the listing. Don't want to spam here as a new member. Anyway, what made me join is that I'm looking for a more powerful dac/amp combo and found a Grace m9xx listed for sale in the FS forum here which finally made me create an account. Looking forward to discussing stuff with other audiophiles! Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #5,828 of 15,563
Hi All, new member - been a lurker for a while. I just got a hold of 2 sets of HD800s after having owned the HD595, then HD650. These are pretty amazing headphones, even thought they're being driven by a dragonfly red right now. I found an amazing deal on craig's list for an almost new set for only $960 and had to jump on it. This was after I bought a set on ebay at a great price, so now I have two sets of these amazing headphones, never dreamed of it. I've put one for sale on ebay, hopefully will sell them without losing any money. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you a link to the listing. Don't want to spam here as a new member. Anyway, what made me join is that I'm looking for a more powerful dac/amp combo and found a Grace m9xx listed for sale in the FS forum here which finally made me create an account. Looking forward to discussing stuff with other audiophiles! Thanks.
Welcome, @ra990!! Watch your pocketbook around here... ---)

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #5,829 of 15,563
Hello Head-Fi, long time first time as they say on talk radio. I've been lurking around this site getting info on new gear for quite some time now and figured it would be a good time to register. I've been into headphones and other audio gear associated with them for about 3 or 4 years now, before that I was like a lot of people just using cheap IEM's and headphones. The Etymotic ER4 got me started and since then I've never looked back. My main headphones now are the Focal Elear and Nighthawk, and for on the go I use the Fidelio L1 or my Flare Audio R2A IEM.

I look forward to having many conversations and some spirited yet friendly debates about our love of personal audio gear.

You can call me by my username or just bubba or jay, my mother always called me bubba when I was young and it just stuck, its a southern thing.

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #5,830 of 15,563
Hello Head-Fi, long time first time as they say on talk radio. I've been lurking around this site getting info on new gear for quite some time now and figured it would be a good time to register. I've been into headphones and other audio gear associated with them for about 3 or 4 years now, before that I was like a lot of people just using cheap IEM's and headphones. The Etymotic ER4 got me started and since then I've never looked back. My main headphones now are the Focal Elear and Nighthawk, and for on the go I use the Fidelio L1 or my Flare Audio R2A IEM.

I look forward to having many conversations and some spirited yet friendly debates about our love of personal audio gear.

You can call me by my username or just bubba or jay, my mother always called me bubba when I was young and it just stuck, its a southern thing.
Welcome, @BubbaJay!! We are so sorry about your wallet... So sad. ---) Boomer Sooner!

Jun 14, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #5,831 of 15,563
Hello!

Been lurking around this forum for quite a bit the last month or so doing research on headphones. I recently got into audio and have picked up Momentum M2s, 1More Triple Drivers, and Klipsch 11s. Thankful for all the great advice and detailed information in this forum! *Though secretly my wallet is definitely not happy*.

Jun 14, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #5,832 of 15,563
Hello!
New guy here. I just started getting into the whole audiophile thing when I started experimenting with my phone's EQ. I'm currently using a pair of Sennheiser Momentum IE. Technically, it's the second pair because I sent it back to Sennheiser HQ, and warranty covered the melted outer wire and busted left can. I'm currently looking for a good pair of IEMs capable of handling a bit of UV and sweat. Any recommendations?

Jun 14, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #5,833 of 15,563
Hello!
New guy here. I just started getting into the whole audiophile thing when I started experimenting with my phone's EQ. I'm currently using a pair of Sennheiser Momentum IE. Technically, it's the second pair because I sent it back to Sennheiser HQ, and warranty covered the melted outer wire and busted left can. I'm currently looking for a good pair of IEMs capable of handling a bit of UV and sweat. Any recommendations?

Almost anything from Shure, Campfire Audio or VModa.

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #5,834 of 15,563

Welcome Bubba! This is a great forum. Ultimate Ears are tough and work really well for workouts, cutting the grass etc. I just bought a pair of UE 18 Pros after using UE 10 Pros for over 11 years. I did everything with them. They still sound great but since I had them so long I can only wear them for an hour or two. I think it is because your ears grow or change shape subtly over time. CIEM company's love that ... I can speak for UE as an experienced listener of their monitors and tell you if you like clarity and want to hear all the instruments they are great. However, for tunes with deep bass, they will certainly deliver, it just takes more ooompf from your amp/device to drive them. And no, I do not work for UE either...

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #5,835 of 15,563
Hi,

I have been ripping cds to flac format using either EAC or dbpoweramp. My latest investment is a Grado SR325e headphone to pair with OPPO HA2 dac and headphones amp. I use IOS App Onkyo HF Player to play hi-res tracks. I am here to find out more and share know how of hi-res music.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back