New Member Introductions thread
Jun 14, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #5,836 of 15,523
Welcome Bubba! This is a great forum. Ultimate Ears are tough and work really well for workouts, cutting the grass etc. I just bought a pair of UE 18 Pros after using UE 10 Pros for over 11 years. I did everything with them. They still sound great but since I had them so long I can only wear them for an hour or two. I think it is because your ears grow or change shape subtly over time. CIEM company's love that ... I can speak for UE as an experienced listener of their monitors and tell you if you like clarity and want to hear all the instruments they are great. However, for tunes with deep bass, they will certainly deliver, it just takes more ooompf from your amp/device to drive them. And no, I do not work for UE either...

I've thought about getting a pair of customs but with so many good universals now I just don't see that happening. I had a pair of TF10's for awhile and I really liked them but ever since I got into over ear headphones I haven't really been getting too many IEM's lately. If there is any in-ear that I'd want to get now its the new Audeze iSine, those bad boy's seem to be very good but I know they won't be the best at blocking out the noise.

Jun 14, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #5,837 of 15,523
I've thought about getting a pair of customs but with so many good universals now I just don't see that happening. I had a pair of TF10's for awhile and I really liked them but ever since I got into over ear headphones I haven't really been getting too many IEM's lately. If there is any in-ear that I'd want to get now its the new Audeze iSine, those bad boy's seem to be very good but I know they won't be the best at blocking out the noise.
. I can't wait to hear the new iSine. The 20's are very good . The new one is supposed to be a LCD 4 in ear that I have to hear. I like Bubba my son we call Bubby as his sister only more than a yearbook apart couldn't say brother it came out Bubby and 34 years latter that it is still what she calls him.

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #5,838 of 15,523
Hi,
I just started posting on head-fi today. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but when I connect my modi dac to my ps4, the left and right channels of my headphones would get reversed. Is there something I have to modify on the ps4's settings? Thanks.

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #5,839 of 15,523
Hi,
I just started posting on head-fi today. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but when I connect my modi dac to my ps4, the left and right channels of my headphones would get reversed. Is there something I have to modify on the ps4's settings? Thanks.

What are you connecting your Modi to afterward? I'm assuming you're connecting it to an amp afterward? If you are connecting it to an amp maybe you have the RCA cables reversed.

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #5,841 of 15,523
PS4 > Magni/Modi > headphone. They work fine on my laptop. The channels are only reversed when connected to the PS4.

Apparently, it is a known bug with the PS4. I don't own a PS4 but maybe there is a setting where you can reverse the channels? If not you could always just reverse the RCA plugs from the Modi to the Magni but then you would have to switch it back when you use it with your PC.

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #5,842 of 15,523
PS4 > Magni/Modi > headphone. They work fine on my laptop. The channels are only reversed when connected to the PS4.
Well you just answered your question if they work fine from the laptop then the problem is with the PS 4 then. Well before I could answer it just came in .

Jun 15, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #5,848 of 15,523
Though I've been a long time lurker, I've finally taken the plunge and registered here. I hope to be a contributing member of the community, although I'm sure I'll end up taking more than I'll be giving here as my knowledge still quite limited!

I guess my intro should start with the gear I own, which are:-
AKG K712
Sennheiser HD380 pro
Fiio X3ii
Fiio E9
Chord Mojo
DP-CMX1 Granbeat (waiting for me at home as I am Overseas right now)

And have previously owned:-
Westone UM2
Fiio E7/E17 (hence, owning the E9)
xDuoo X3
Shanling M1

My music tastes vary but my listening tastes are mainly influenced by what I currently play on the guitar (I've been a bedroom rocker since the age of 14) and have exclusively been playing acoustics for the last 5+ years or so. But I'll listen to most things that have good musicianship and have been recorded/produced/mastered well.

I work offshore and spend months at a time on ships which afford me the time to do things like learn to customise Foobar. I'm not the most computer savvy person so my starting point for that was googling "what is coding?" so needless to say, it took bloody ages to get my head around it. But now my Foobar is juuust how I want it! While on land, I'm also a keen (but not particularly skillful) student of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which is kind of relevant here as my ears have suffered mildly from cauliflower ears so IEMs are off limits for me, including CIEMs because my ears are a constantly moving landscape!

I obviously have many questions and I hope to find the appropriate places to ask them so I'll save rattling them off here, so this is just my little intro to say hi. Hi

... but for the moment, if anybody can recommend a good, reliable place in the UK that can mod my K712 to a balanced input, greatly appreciated.

Jun 16, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #5,849 of 15,523
Though I've been a long time lurker, I've finally taken the plunge and registered here. I hope to be a contributing member of the community, although I'm sure I'll end up taking more than I'll be giving here as my knowledge still quite limited!

I guess my intro should start with the gear I own, which are:-
AKG K712
Sennheiser HD380 pro
Fiio X3ii
Fiio E9
Chord Mojo
DP-CMX1 Granbeat (waiting for me at home as I am Overseas right now)

And have previously owned:-
Westone UM2
Fiio E7/E17 (hence, owning the E9)
xDuoo X3
Shanling M1

My music tastes vary but my listening tastes are mainly influenced by what I currently play on the guitar (I've been a bedroom rocker since the age of 14) and have exclusively been playing acoustics for the last 5+ years or so. But I'll listen to most things that have good musicianship and have been recorded/produced/mastered well.

I work offshore and spend months at a time on ships which afford me the time to do things like learn to customise Foobar. I'm not the most computer savvy person so my starting point for that was googling "what is coding?" so needless to say, it took bloody ages to get my head around it. But now my Foobar is juuust how I want it! While on land, I'm also a keen (but not particularly skillful) student of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which is kind of relevant here as my ears have suffered mildly from cauliflower ears so IEMs are off limits for me, including CIEMs because my ears are a constantly moving landscape!

I obviously have many questions and I hope to find the appropriate places to ask them so I'll save rattling them off here, so this is just my little intro to say hi. Hi

... but for the moment, if anybody can recommend a good, reliable place in the UK that can mod my K712 to a balanced input, greatly appreciated.
Welcome, @Nolbert0!!

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #5,850 of 15,523
Hi Head-Fiers,

I'm a french newcomer (but an old reader). It's not easy to enter such a huge community when you don't master the language, but I'll try to be understandable.

Cheers and see you soon in the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back