New Member Introductions thread
Apr 10, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #5,417 of 15,524
Speakersmoothie here.  Returned JBL 305 becuz the eletromagnetic field gave me a headache.  Studying for exam.  Willing to sac some sound quality for comfort.  So getting edifier 1280T.  Hope they're better and less stressful.  Hope to get great advice from those who have more experience than me.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #5,423 of 15,524
Hello audiophile world!  

Been lurking for many years, and want to thank you all for your insightful reviews, opinions, and other random thoughts on Head-Fi!

I purchased all of my initial gear based on the views of those on this site, and have been extremely happy with the gear that began my venture into this wallet thrashing hobby.  :)

After moving to CA from WI and attending 2 consecutive CanJam SoCal events, I finally gave in and am now creating an account on Head-Fi to become a more active member of this online community.

Looking forward to the engaging discussions, and of course...what would the experience be without the playful banter of tubes vs SS, cables differences, DSD, and so many other thought provoking topics!?

beerchug.gif

ph34r.gif
Jeremy

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #5,425 of 15,524
What gear do you currently have?

Demo'ed Senn 800S and Mr. Speakers Ether series this past weekend and definitely recommend those. Extremely detailed, amazing sound, yet comfortable to wear for hours.

Just my 2c. YMMV

Hello guys, I"m new here, looking for headpone, my buget 1 to 3k,thank.

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #5,427 of 15,524
Apr 13, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #5,430 of 15,524
Hi head-fiers, I'm a New Zealand-based headphone (and audio) fan who's been plugged into anything that plays music for as long as I can remember! I've had 70's disco headphones, 80s on-ear Sennheisers, 90's Grados and more recently some HD580s (with HD600 grilles and HD650 cables). I've yet to open up my wallet for a big purchase but seeing as my HD580 frankenphones are falling apart maybe the time's coming...

So I'm here looking for opinions on good headphones and good amplification. I'm opened-minded musically but my favourite genre is 90's alternative/indie... any Pavement fans out there?

... Adrian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back